Nothing Happened...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
GlockenHammer
Posts in topic: 2

Nothing Happened...

Post by GlockenHammer »

I've always said "If I knew I'd need a gun there, I wouldn't go". Thankfully I didn't break that rule, but I thought I might.....

A friend asked me to help him move a TV as he is leaving his wife of 38 years. (She isn't happy about it). I meet him with my truck at a nearby location where he tells me that he is also going to take a few pieces of furniture that he wasn't supposed to take, but "she's already mad, so it won't make any difference". I ask if she is home and he says that she is.

Spidey senses tingle now....

On the way there, I strap on the blaster and hope for the best. I'm trying to help move furniture while keeping a third eye on an estranged wife that I don't know who is walking around the house, including into the master closet. "Watch the hands", I say to myself.

Nothing happened. And I'm glad. I'm also glad that I had my Glock handy (and that I wouldn't be the first target.) Thank God for Texas trusting us law-abiding citizens with the ability to defend ourselves against those that have nothing better to live for....

GH

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Taking Furniture He Wasn't Supposed to Take?

Post by anygunanywhere »

I do not believe I would have put myself in that position. You might have ended up on the wrong side of the legal system if something had happened. IANAL, but you did mention your spideysense. Maybe you should have heeded your senses. You packed into her crib. He is taking stuff he isn't supposed to. She objects and you are an accomplice.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
GlockenHammer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GlockenHammer »

I didn't think of it quite like that, but you're right. Since the co-owner of everything in the house was with me, I think I might have technical coverage. But what I didn't think about was her "defense" to shooting me in stopping my felonious theft of her property.

Just not a good situation to get into.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”