Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

XinTX
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Post Office Law Suit to Repeal Carry Rule

Post by XinTX »

Dadtodabone wrote:I probably average three felonies before lunch. :coolgleamA:
Guess you get yours in early.

https://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-D ... 1594032556

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

Treybadd

Post by Treybadd »

We need to fix this! Who can we contact to try and help this get changed?

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Bayoutalker wrote:USPS has been advertising to use the online services and they will come and pick it up. Make them come to you!
If the USPS is coming to my home I want them to disarm first! :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RicoTX »

Isn't this something we can now get changed with Trump and a Rep majority?
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

RicoTX wrote:Isn't this something we can now get changed with Trump and a Rep majority?
I guess not...

:mad5
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I guess I am breaking the law on a daily basis then. The mail at our office usually comes after the office is closed and they just drop it through the slot in the door. This means when we send out invoices or payments, I have to go to the post office. They have a drive through mail box in the parking lot so I rarely get out of my truck. However, I have always got my EDC with me in the truck when I go.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

ET-Ret

Post by ET-Ret »

First I am not a lawyer. That said the whole thing about the post office is how you play the game. All USPS employees will tell you its against the law to be on Postal property with a firearm.
I can remember when a package opened up and a fire arm fell out on the work room floor. It was treated like
a snake till the MDO went and checked it out and put it back on track to be Delivered. He then had to school a group of workers on how this could
happen.
I personaly had Co pres tell me to take a handgun put it in a flatrate box and mail it to him 2day service. I chickened out
and got a dealer to take the gun in the box and mail it. Went like a charm.
He sent a new one back return mail to the dealer. I paid Postage one way.
On a different deal I bought a 357 mag from academy and did not check it out for a year but shooting 38sp in it
one day I took some 357 to the range and found the cyl was drilled for 38 sp. I called the manufacture and they had me buy a
label from Fed express and I took it to a FEDEX store they scanned the label and they had the pistol in 2 days. Fixed it NC and 29 days later Fedex showed up at the door and said sign here. I was afraid to take back to the dealer who might sit on for awhile.
I also know several letter carriers who regularly deliver firearms to homes of dealers. This leads me to believe
this would be a good deal for clubs to help make funds for the club.

There is a similar tale for class 3 devices.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Shipping through FEDEX to send to the OEM is not a "game". It is perfectly legal and proper, and no FFL required, because you are sending it to the manufacturer, and they are allowed to send it directly back to you, no FFL. I've done this both with a pistol and a shotgun, and I even notified the FEDEX clerk that it was a firearm. Both showed up on my porch like any other package (can't remember if I had to sign or not).
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

Someone may have posted this before me, but seriously now, who goes to the post office anymore? I haven't set foot inside one in years.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

baseballguy2001 wrote:Someone may have posted this before me, but seriously now, who goes to the post office anymore? I haven't set foot inside one in years.
Me.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

baseballguy2001 wrote:Someone may have posted this before me, but seriously now, who goes to the post office anymore? I haven't set foot inside one in years.
I do several times a week.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

me and my GF have a PO box. We don't trust our packages coming to our door. We don't trust our neighbors...
NRA Member

snorri

Post by snorri »

RicoTX wrote:Isn't this something we can now get changed with Trump and a Rep majority?
:lol:

:smilelol5:

:rolll

"rlol"

Apparently not. :banghead:
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

We may eventually but with all the fresh anti gun sentiment ginned up by the Parkland Shooting it's going to be a while if it happens at all.

One has to pick the time and place of the battles you fight whenever possible and it would be foolish to pick a time in which the political will isn't there to get it done.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chasfm11 »

WildRose wrote:
We may eventually but with all the fresh anti gun sentiment ginned up by the Parkland Shooting it's going to be a while if it happens at all.

One has to pick the time and place of the battles you fight whenever possible and it would be foolish to pick a time in which the political will isn't there to get it done.

:iagree: It would take political will to get this changed because it requires legislative action. If that were going to be spent somewhere, it should be on something like National Reciprocity. I personally believe that would bring a lot of heat to bear in the "May issue" States and is well worth burning whatever political will is needed.

In the mean time, I'm still convinced that President Trump, through executive order to the Secretary of the Army, could accept the Corp of Engineer's loss in District court over legal concealed carry, applying it to all COE land, not just the land in the jurisdiction of that court. Such a change would be of significantly greater benefit than post office repeal.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”