What is the longest wait time

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
x007x
Posts in topic: 8

Re: What is the longest wait time

Post by x007x »

okay, so was there anything else we needed to send in that the checklist didnt ask for? I did my application online, so i know they have all my past info.ex.living, record, job,etc.. just want to make sure incase there was something I needed to send. If so they probably would have contacted me already.
-CHL-
-NRA-

karder
Posts in topic: 1

Post by karder »

If I remember correctly, it took 141 days to get mine back and I did not have it returned for any errors. It can take a really long time, so I would not worry about it too much. Try and be patient and it should come eventually. I did mine on-line as well.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grapevinebill »

On line app - 08/02
L1 Fast Prints taken - 08/08
CHL Class - 08/30
Packet Mailed - 08/31
Packet Received in Austin - 09/02 (Friday of Labor Day weekend)
DPS web site is still unchanged. I am hoping to see it updated to processing this week

:txflag:
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

Topic author
x007x

Post by x007x »

See thats what is weird...I sent my packet in 2 months ago, and people who are sending it in last week are already showing up that DPS received the packet..Sorry, just kinda annoyed that DPS push off paperwork like that.
-CHL-
-NRA-

Grapevinebill

Post by Grapevinebill »

I sent mine in last week, but I sent it priority so I know from the post office it was delivered. The DPS is still showing my status as waiting for receipt of required materials. Most posts I see are showing it could take up to 10 days before the on line status changes. I am not sure what is going on with you app though. It seems that something is really messed up there.
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

Topic author
x007x

Post by x007x »

The DPS give two PO boxes...The one from your checklist-which I did not see at that time, and the other is online with the printable forms are.. I sent mine to PO box 15888, and I sent an email 2 days ago asking if that was an okay PO box.. DPS responded with

"Once documents are reveived by the department, they undergo processing before being entered into the system for the applicant to track. Please allow more time for your record to reflect to receipt of documentation. Right now, it takes 3-4 weeks before we can see a status of your application materials. We do not show receiving any documents from you by mail to this date. You may need to re-mail all your materials to us again"

YAY!! i called the DPS before about the PO box, and he said no problem and it we will still get it so its the same building.. I can't find my reciept from the post office, so I cant track it..I have a meeting with my instructor to get another CHL-100...
FOR PEOPLE SENDING OFF THEIR CHECKLIST----
-----USE THE PO BOX FROM YOUR PRINTABLE CHECKLIST-----
I'm upset because that packet has very valuable info in it, and it just disappeared...Well i never got it back so that should mean they ave recieved it...I bet when i re-mail this packet..it will be updated the first week, lol.
-CHL-
-NRA-

Grapevinebill

Post by Grapevinebill »

Still waiting for the DPS site to update my status. According to the post office my package was delivered on 9/2 but my status still shows the DPS is waiting on delivery.

On line app - 08/02
L1 Fast Prints taken - 08/08
CHL Class - 08/30
Packet Mailed - 08/31
Packet Received in Austin - 09/02 (Friday of Labor Day weekend)
DPS web site is still unchanged.... This is getting old.

:txflag:

Grapevinebill

Re: What is the longest wait time - UPDATE

Post by Grapevinebill »

As of today the DPS web site is showing my application as received along with all necessary documentation. My background check is "Under review"!!!

Now I am pumped!

Topic author
x007x

Post by x007x »

Yep, guess they never got mine...bull cause i called DPS and they said the PO box goes to the same place.
-CHL-
-NRA-

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”