The Cinemark in Plano does not have any 30.06 signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The Cinemark in Plano does not have any 30.06 signs

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I know that Cinemark and AMC both have policies, but I have never seen a proper 30.06 sign at any of their locations either. I've carried in before without fear of the Class A because there was no proper signage.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:I know that Cinemark and AMC both have policies, but I have never seen a proper 30.06 sign at any of their locations either. I've carried in before without fear of the Class A because there was no proper signage.
All the AMC's I've been to in DFW area upgraded their signs to the right size a couple years ago. They used to be 1/2" or smaller letters at ankle height. Now they looked like they stretched the sign vertically to make the letters one inch tall. I went last night to Grapevine and they were there. When 1/1 comes around, if they don't change to the new wording, I am going to carry there.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

ScottDLS wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:I know that Cinemark and AMC both have policies, but I have never seen a proper 30.06 sign at any of their locations either. I've carried in before without fear of the Class A because there was no proper signage.
All the AMC's I've been to in DFW area upgraded their signs to the right size a couple years ago. They used to be 1/2" or smaller letters at ankle height. Now they looked like they stretched the sign vertically to make the letters one inch tall. I went last night to Grapevine and they were there. When 1/1 comes around, if they don't change to the new wording, I am going to carry there.
Thanks for the heads up, I will look closer when/if I go to an AMC again. :tiphat:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

mdubtx

Post by mdubtx »

Went today to pick up my Star Wars tickets. The new Cinemark In Roanoke had no signage that I saw.
May we never haver to draw but always be prepared.
:patriot: :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member / TSRA Family Membership

JagsfanNtexas

Post by JagsfanNtexas »

mdubtx wrote:Went today to pick up my Star Wars tickets. The new Cinemark In Roanoke had no signage that I saw.
Good to know. Seems that they are an anti-CHL business publicly but choose not to post the correct signage at most locations in Texas. Either that or they are oblivious to the law.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Even with the specific letter size requirement, businesses go out of their way to try to make their 30.06 barely compliant. The AMC in Highland Village currently has a 30.06 sign whose letters are just 1" tall but the spacing between them is so tight that the sign looks like Arabic at first glance. It almost hurts your eyes to try to read it. I'm sure that it was done to try to make the physical size of the sign area as small as possible.

I've had some interesting exchanges with antis who decry the need for such a large sign. I remind them that they want to arrest someone for not seeing it and that it ought to be big enough to jump out of the jumble of other messages that are normally posted about sales or discounts at the business. But the concept of giving someone a reasonable chance not to go to jail isn't their idea.

I carefully watch the Cinemark in Grapevine each time that I go there. So far, no 30.06 sign.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

TrueFlog

Post by TrueFlog »

JagsfanNtexas wrote:I checked the Texas 30.06 website and the only Cinemark in Texas mentioned with a 30.06 sign was in El Paso. Does anyone know of any others in the DFW area that are posted? My wife and I like to go to movies on the weekends and I have my card coming (hopefully) in a few weeks. I know Look Cinemas in Dallas does not have a 30.06 and that's our favorite theater, but they don't always have a lot of movies playing like the bigger theaters do.
The Cinemark theaters in Plano and Allen do not have 30.06 signs. Neither does the Angelika in Plano. The AMC in Stonebriar Center is posted. You can also check http://www.texas3006.com/ for a list of posted locations.

RJDA

Post by RJDA »

I went to the Tuesday night show earlier this month (Place was pretty much empty) at Cinemark in Sherman. I had told myself that I would never go to Cinemark because of their policy, but my girlfriend wanted to go and see a show.

I did not carry because my memory served me that Cinemark was anti and that it was likely they were going to have the signage. I checked the front doors, nothing. I never approached the outside ticket windows because they were closed and directing people inside to purchase tickets. With nothing on the front doors, and I could not locate any other signage around the concession counter.

Looked like it was all clear.

satchel28

Post by satchel28 »

I went with my wife and son to watch 13 hours at the Cinemark in Plano My shirt was a little shorter than normal when I carry my pistol but I did not worry about it since the new law passed January 1st. Right after I finished ordering popcorn one of the police officers on duty came up to me, very nice, and told me that there was a 30.06 sign posted outside. The police officer could not have been more professional and nicer, and totally agreed that people should be allowed to carry but the sign outside stated otherwise. It's located right before the entry on the brick wall to the right. I did not have a measuring tape with me so I do not know if the sign is up to code.

If it is an authentic 30.06 sign, I will miss Cinemark. Been going there since I was a kid, but no more.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

satchel28 wrote:I went with my wife and son to watch 13 hours at the Cinemark in Plano My shirt was a little shorter than normal when I carry my pistol but I did not worry about it since the new law passed January 1st. Right after I finished ordering popcorn one of the police officers on duty came up to me, very nice, and told me that there was a 30.06 sign posted outside. The police officer could not have been more professional and nicer, and totally agreed that people should be allowed to carry but the sign outside stated otherwise. It's located right before the entry on the brick wall to the right. I did not have a measuring tape with me so I do not know if the sign is up to code.

If it is an authentic 30.06 sign, I will miss Cinemark. Been going there since I was a kid, but no more.
That's the first Cinemark I've heard of with a 30.06 sign.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

The CineMark at the Vista Ridge Mall in Lewisville is only 30.07, and if you go to the first show of the day it's under $6.00 to see a movie.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

rentz

Post by rentz »

satchel28 wrote:I went with my wife and son to watch 13 hours at the Cinemark in Plano My shirt was a little shorter than normal when I carry my pistol but I did not worry about it since the new law passed January 1st. Right after I finished ordering popcorn one of the police officers on duty came up to me, very nice, and told me that there was a 30.06 sign posted outside. The police officer could not have been more professional and nicer, and totally agreed that people should be allowed to carry but the sign outside stated otherwise. It's located right before the entry on the brick wall to the right. I did not have a measuring tape with me so I do not know if the sign is up to code.

I wonder when they put this up
Guess I'll keep going to studio movie grill then as they have 0 signs

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

rentz wrote:

I wonder when they put this up
Guess I'll keep going to studio movie grill then as they have 0 signs
I never saw one, if this is Cinemark Legacy... they have 30.07 signs, but not 30.06.

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

satchel28 wrote:... My shirt was a little shorter than normal when I carry my pistol but I did not worry about it since the new law passed January 1st. Right after I finished ordering popcorn one of the police officers on duty came up to me, very nice, and told me that there was a 30.06 sign posted outside.
Given your description and the fact that a police officer noticed your gun, were you actually concealed carrying or de facto open carrying? If you were in effect OCing, was the business posted 30.07?

SA-TX

TomV

Post by TomV »

I was at Cinemark Legacy on Saturday to see the final Hunger Games with my daughter.

Saw the 30.07 but no 30.06.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”