Bad Experience

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Bad Experience

Post by Oldgringo »

Jim Beaux wrote:GT the more I think about your experience the madder I get. The manager must think he is some kinda kahuna to approach you and speak to you about what he assumes you may be wearing. If you werent causing any trouble or drawing attention to yourself he should take a flying leap. He was just wanting to flex his rinky dink "boss" authority.

I think I would have asked him just what the deal is....has he considered that I may be wearing an insulin pump, or other life support system? I would indignantly refused to discuss with him what I was wearing and that also includes the type of underwear I may or may not be wearing.

I would then tell him, if you want me to leave I certainly will, but before I do I want your name and your regional manager's name and phone number.

Cheap lesson buddy, chalk it up to the cost of wisdom. :thumbs2:
:headscratch Did the manager see the "bulge" or was the manager responding to what the server reported?

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

Jim Beaux wrote:GT the more I think about your experience the madder I get. The manager must think he is some kinda kahuna to approach you and speak to you about what he assumes you may be wearing. If you werent causing any trouble or drawing attention to yourself he should take a flying leap. He was just wanting to flex his rinky dink "boss" authority.
Yeah! What makes him think he's in charge there? :lol:

Topic author
Glock_Tacular
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Glock_Tacular »

Oldgringo wrote:

I think I would have asked him just what the deal is....has he considered that I may be wearing an insulin pump, or other life support system? I would indignantly refused to discuss with him what I was wearing and that also includes the type of underwear I may or may not be wearing.

I would then tell him, if you want me to leave I certainly will, but before I do I want your name and your regional manager's name and phone number.

Cheap lesson buddy, chalk it up to the cost of wisdom. :thumbs2:
:headscratch Did the manager see the "bulge" or was the manager responding to what the server reported?

He stated that he saw it. But, like I said that was after I got up and probably adjested myself wrongly.
CHL - May 2012
P.P.O - May 2012
[Pre-paid legal service]

Topic author
Glock_Tacular

Post by Glock_Tacular »

TexasCajun wrote:viewtopic.php?f=83&t=59190

Looks like this is going to turn into a larger issue. I guess from now on, those of us that enjoy an atmosphere with the mediocre food and would like to still maintain the highest level of personal protection will have to cast our eyes upon other similar venues. I hear Twin Peaks and/or the Tilted Kilt can fit the bill.
I have been to twin peaks plently of times with no issues. Maybe because I know the managers and they know that I tend to carry is why I dont get any feedback from them. But Tilted Kilt is my new place. :thumbsup:
CHL - May 2012
P.P.O - May 2012
[Pre-paid legal service]

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JP171 »

Glock_Tacular wrote:

Looks like this is going to turn into a larger issue. I guess from now on, those of us that enjoy an atmosphere with the mediocre food and would like to still maintain the highest level of personal protection will have to cast our eyes upon other similar venues. I hear Twin Peaks and/or the Tilted Kilt can fit the bill.
I have been to twin peaks plently of times with no issues. Maybe because I know the managers and they know that I tend to carry is why I dont get any feedback from them. But Tilted Kilt is my new place. :thumbsup:
I won't patronize twin peaks, they have something against guys that ride bikes, and the tilted kilt here closed. oh well looks like I'll just go to Luby's

Topic author
Glock_Tacular

Post by Glock_Tacular »

I won't patronize twin peaks, they have something against guys that ride bikes, and the tilted kilt here closed. oh well looks like I'll just go to Luby's
Since when do they have something against bikers?? Thursday night is bike night, half of drinks and such! :headscratch
CHL - May 2012
P.P.O - May 2012
[Pre-paid legal service]

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 6

Post by MadMonkey »

JP171 wrote:oh well looks like I'll just go to Luby's
Seriously? Image

I remember when I was a kid, I loved that place... but lately, man. I went a couple of years ago and it smelled like a retirement home and the food was bleh.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jimlongley »

JP171 wrote:
Glock_Tacular wrote:

The first, and last, time we went to Twin Peaks they made my "Plain and Dry" burger with everything on it, and then when I asked for it to be corrected, the just scraped the offending mess off, including most of the cheese, leaving sauce and tomato and pickle juice all over and returned it to me that way. I have not been back, nor will I ever go there again.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

If he had been carrying a purty 1911 BBQ gun instead of an ugly Glock it probably would have worked out differently.

:biggrinjester:

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jim Beaux »

MadMonkey wrote:
JP171 wrote:oh well looks like I'll just go to Luby's
Seriously? [ Image ]

I remember when I was a kid, I loved that place... but lately, man. I went a couple of years ago and it smelled like a retirement home and the food was bleh.
Oh yeah, Luby's was the place! Regretfully I have quit going because they consistently over salt the food (many agree with me). After a few meals it became obvious that this was a normal practice. I mentioned it to the manager and he quickly dismissed me with "it was a corporate mandated recipe and no variations permitted".

I emailed corporate and never even received the courtesy of a response. Shame on them, I will never go back unless I have been poisoned and need an emetic! :lol:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jim Beaux »

anygunanywhere wrote:If he had been carrying a purty 1911 BBQ gun instead of an ugly Glock it probably would have worked out differently.

:biggrinjester:

Anygunanywhere

Love it. "rlol"
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Sangiovese

Post by Sangiovese »

Glock_Tacular wrote: Because I was sitting on a stool and adjusting myself frequently to make sure my shirt didnt slide up.
You mentioned that you wanted feedback, so I'll add this. I don't think it has been mentioned yet. Frequently adjusting yourself is one of the giveaways that allow people to notice that you're carrying. If your clothing is appropriate for your gun/holster, then you shouldn't need to constantly adjust yourself. Put it on. Cover it up. Leave it alone.
NRA Endowment Member. Texas LTC Instructor. NRA certified Pistol & Home Firearm Safety Instructor - Range Safety Officer

Any comments about legal matters are general in nature and are not legal advice. Nothing posted on this forum is intended to establish an attorney-client relationship.

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TexasCajun »

In resposne to the request for feedback, here's my thoughts on restaurant seating while carrying...
TexasCajun wrote: Stools are completely out - They encourage you to lean forward & slouch, causing a pretty noticeable bulge on the side or back. They are also usually at a higher level than regular chairs, putting your beltline at eye-level with those sitting in chairs.
Regular restaurant chairs can be ok - You just have to make sure that the gun butt doesn't hook around the vertical rail that attaches the chair back to the seat. You can minimize the risk by sitting with your carry side away from the main part of the room (preferably toward a wall).
Booths along a wall are best - The high & solid backs and wide tables give you physical cover in all directions except for the side you have to slide in & out from. But you do have to be careful that you don't uncover when you sit down or get up.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JP171 »

Glock_Tacular wrote:
Since when do they have something against bikers?? Thursday night is bike night, half of drinks and such! :headscratch

The twin peaks here in Webster threw about 50 bikers out because some AH... said we intimidated her, we had already paid for our food, the MGR had a LEO throw us out and no we were not being rowdy, soo nope won't go there and refuse to rcomend it to anyone cept dems

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

your best bet is to get a good concealment holster that you are comfortable
with and practicing carry concealed in front of mirrors until you get it right
Remember CONCEALED IS CONCEALED watch out for printing it can cause issues
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”