Experence @ Friday's in downtown Dallas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stevie_d_64 »

zigzag wrote:Hooters is the place to go.
My wife says the food, "is not that good..." :roll: :roll: :roll:

"So!" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

austin

Post by austin »

Friday's in Mckinney has the "unlawful .." sign.

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

here is the email address for TABC. complaints@tabc.state.tx.us
you can drop them a quick note and they will check it out. The TABC is very serious about enforcing the law, Just ask anyone who has dealt with them.
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Post by srothstein »

TABC's policy when they receive a complaint is that an agent will visit the location within 30 days for any violation. There will also be a follow-up visit within 60 days. Serious complaints start immediate investigations.

The only thing that will not get an investigation is a complaint that is not a crime or violation of TABC rules.
Steve Rothstein

razoraggie

Post by razoraggie »

In defense of Fridays....The do stock 12 Year Chivas Regal. They have my vote.

piro
Posts in topic: 2

Post by piro »

JJ99SS wrote:...the TABC is always looking for ways to justify its existance...
LOL :lol:

This one time I went to a wheatsville coop with my girlfriend and a friend of ours. I went to just tag along but while there realized I needed milk. My girlfriend got wine and was in front of me in the checkout, she paid with a credit card and was done. I get up there and the guy scans the milk and I am reaching for my wallet when i realized I didn't bring it (I wasn't carrying), and I look over at my girlfriend and say "give me that card back", she does and I hand it to the clerk. He says "can I see some id" and I'm like :???: and I say "no i don't have it with me." Then asks me "Do you work for the TABC?", I didn't really understand what he meant when he asked so I said "say again?" and he does and I say "the texas alcoholic beverage commission?" and he says "yes" and I say "Uh not that I am aware of", while looking behind me thinking maybe hes asking someone behind me. And he said "well if you don't have an id, I wouldn't be able to sell you this milk since its on the same transaction as her" pointing over to my gf and I was like uhhhh it's milk and I don't drink alcohol anyway so it wouldn't really matter if she was buying that for me or not, I just want my milk. The guy was like "dont do it again, and bring your wallet next time" and I was like thanks I usually have to anyway. Then I had like a 20 minute debate with my gf about how lame that was.

Still don't see eye to eye on it rofl.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

He asked about if you work for us because we have a policy that we will not lie when doing a sting operation. It is well known to the stores that all they have to do is ask. Well, that is what they think anyway.

Of course, since it was for milk, I have no idea what he was worried about. She was the one who needed ID for the wine.
Steve Rothstein

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

srothstein wrote:He asked about if you work for us because we have a policy that we will not lie when doing a sting operation. It is well known to the stores that all they have to do is ask. Well, that is what they think anyway.
Yeah, you can't lie if asked, but the 20 year old who gets sent in to actually make the purchase can lie his butt off. What with not working for TABC, and all. :grin:

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

KBCraig wrote:
srothstein wrote:He asked about if you work for us because we have a policy that we will not lie when doing a sting operation. It is well known to the stores that all they have to do is ask. Well, that is what they think anyway.
Yeah, you can't lie if asked, but the 20 year old who gets sent in to actually make the purchase can lie his butt off. What with not working for TABC, and all. :grin:
Nah, we don't let them lie either. We do let them mislead though, as we can. For example, when "asked are you 21" they can answer, here is my ID. :grin:

Seriously, one of the things I like about our agency on stings is the rules make it clear we are not trying to entrap. The minor must have a photo ID, issued by the state (either ID or DL). The minor cannot yet be 19 to avoid looking close. The minor cannot have any facial hair to appear older. The minor will tell the truth if asked and will show their real ID.

When my 16 year old daughter (who could pass for 14) goes in and makes a buy of beer, after showing her real driver's license to the clerk, I don't feel too much sympathy for the clerk being charged.

BTW, JJ99ss, we don't always look for ways to justify our existence. We only do that once every twelve years during sunset reviews. And we just completed one this year and are recommended for continuance for the next 12 years. There are some recommendations for changing the Alcoholic Beverage Code to clear things up though.
Steve Rothstein

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Since Bowie County is dry (like a martini!), I have to trudge over to Arkansas to buy beer. The handiest and cheapest places have those automated cash registers, where they prompt the clerk to type in the date of birth. Some of the older clerks take a glance and just type in a date that is "old enough". (I'll be 44 in May, and my looks don't lie about my age.)

For the other clerks, I like to mess with them by giving them that day's date exactly 21 years ago. I get some funny looks. I'm looking forward to the day when someone demands my ID because it's obviously not my 21st birthday.

"Oh, so if I'd made up a different birthday, you wouldn't ask to see my ID? What if I'd said 3/25/1901? Or 3/25/2006? What if I said I was born yesterday?"

:grin:

piro

Post by piro »

Of course, since it was for milk, I have no idea what he was worried about. She was the one who needed ID for the wine.
Ya I knew it had to be an issue of entrapment etc. His reason was since it would be considered as 'one transaction' it would be like I had been with her when she bought it and he had to check my id in that case which i believe is by law.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”