RE: What would you do if you saw his gun?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

CowboyEngineer
Posts in topic: 3

Re: RE: What would you do if you saw his gun?

Post by CowboyEngineer »

A stranger who comes into my house with a concealed gun is an unknown quantity and as such is a risk to my family. He would be politely asked to leave. I see no reason to place my family at risk just so he can make a paycheck. My house, my rules.
NRA Life Member
Glock 23
Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" IWB

treeman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by treeman »

yes. "your house, your rules". So that means it's no problem (and justified) for any and everyone to post 30.06

CowboyEngineer

Post by CowboyEngineer »

I doubt that "everyone" is going to post 30.06 signs. However, I don't have a problem with anyone posting a 30.06 sign. It's their property, they get to decide how it gets used and who gets to use it. It's called "property rights". That's why it's not "my house, your rules".
NRA Life Member
Glock 23

Wes

Post by Wes »

So do you still do business with the places that have a 30.06 sign posted?
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

CowboyEngineer

Post by CowboyEngineer »

I can't think of anytime where it has been an issue for me. The places I go don't have 30.06 signs. Kroger, Sam's, Target, Wal-Mart, Fry's, the various restaurants my wife and I like, none of them are posted. The only place I know of that I go to where I can't carry is my job. It is a Federal installation, and I don't mess with the Uncle. Consequently, I have never had the experience of going to a place only to have to turn around upon seeing a 30.06 sign. I will say that I am not morally opposed to doing business with a place that is posted, assuming I am not carrying at the time, which is unlikely.
NRA Life Member
Glock 23

RAM4171
Location: On a dead end dirt road in the deep dark woods of East TEXAS

Post by RAM4171 »

anygunanywhere wrote:This idea that we have to make sure everyone is legally carrying according to the state issued permission cards is something we really need to get over.

Remember the video that mentioned liberty? Liberty means that others can exercise their rights the same as you. If they are acting in a civil manner then why should you care?

What is in my pockets or on my belt is not any of your business.

I probably would not say anything.

I believe in liberty and the second amendment.

Anygunanywhere
:iagree:
:txflag:
Μολὼν λαβέ
Jesus was not politically correct, therefore I refuse to be
To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic-TN

bdickens
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bdickens »

Some appear to have a really odd attitude for members of group of people ostensibly dedicated to the normalization of citizens carrying firearms.
Byron Dickens

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

RAM4171 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:11 am
anygunanywhere wrote:This idea that we have to make sure everyone is legally carrying according to the state issued permission cards is something we really need to get over.

Remember the video that mentioned liberty? Liberty means that others can exercise their rights the same as you. If they are acting in a civil manner then why should you care?

What is in my pockets or on my belt is not any of your business.

I probably would not say anything.

I believe in liberty and the second amendment.

Anygunanywhere
:iagree:
:txflag:
:iagree: :patriot: :txflag:
I give unsolicited advice to those for whom I am responsible, primarily family members. It is not my job to teach/correct anyone else.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Another long dead thread resurrected by a spammers. The zombies are active among us.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Rule #1: Trust no one.
Rule #2: Keep yours holstered, I keep mine holstered.

For me, I could care less if they are licensed or not. I do expect everyone I meet to be armed, and I consider everyone to be a VCA until proven otherwise. A license only proves the person was not a convicted VCA on the day Texas DPS ran the background check.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

stevie_d_64 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:15 am...
But seriously, I really don't believe a repairman would carry on their person whilst working in your home...I don't see that happenig to the point where it would be a common practice...

I just don't see this as a thing that happens very much in the real world...
It is common practice in the real world. It may not have been as common in 2013 as it is in 2019 but it was not uncommon then either. Trades people are just as leery of customers as customers are of them and there is no Yelp or Google reviews to help identify the customers you just don't want to risk doing business with.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:18 am Another long dead thread resurrected by a spammers. The zombies are active among us.
True but still an interesting topic just a relevant today as it was in 2013. While I am no fan of spam at least the spammer bumped an interesting thread. I am probably in the minority but I don't see the problem with necroposting.

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

I was overseas when this was posted so I'll throw in my two cents... if they're carrying in a holster, it's highly likely they're licensed. If it's just stuffed into their pants with no holster, I'm not going to confront them but I'd be more watchful.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

warnmar10 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:49 am
mojo84 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:18 am Another long dead thread resurrected by a spammers. The zombies are active among us.
True but still an interesting topic just a relevant today as it was in 2013. While I am no fan of spam at least the spammer bumped an interesting thread. I am probably in the minority but I don't see the problem with necroposting.
Was just pointing out it was an old post. No harm. No foul.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

Aria23 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:37 am Generally, the higher your level of education here https://essayswriters.com/ , the more complex your essay structure will be. While high school students typically stick with the five-paragraph essay, university and graduate students are expected to discuss topics that require more than five paragraphs to flesh out. Whatever type of essay you're writing, following this basic format will help you accomplish your intended goal.
So what you're saying is your website would have difficulty helping students beyond elementary school?
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”