YOU SHOULD CARRY A POCKET GUN !!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chuck j
Posts in topic: 14

YOU SHOULD CARRY A POCKET GUN !!

Post by chuck j »

Ok It's saturday evening , I feel like starting some controversy . I have talked to MANY people that took the chl class , went to the trouble to get pictures , waited for the chl and did all the things that we all did thinking that we wanted to carry . Many carried a short period of time and then started just carrying when it seemed there might be a higher threat as to their involvement for that day . Many simply quit carrying because they dont want it to dictate their lifestyle as far as the way they dress or extra trouble to be prepared . No one could argue this not to be true .
I rode the fence as to legal carry till this happened :

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-436138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I live in Wichita Falls , fair size city , 3 walmarts , but something like this does not happen here . Sign of the times I suppose but my daughter and I go to Hastings often to buy books , it's only about 2 miles from us . I started thinking about if we had ben in a checkout line when this nut came in , screamed WHITE POWER !! And just shot the first people he saw . These people are out there now , no more hameing around or denial from me .
You shoud carry a subcompact (dont care as to make ) in a pocket holster before you quit carrying altogether . Some will argue but a 32 or 380 is better than nothing in a bind . I carry in a pocket holster every day , so comfortable I dont even know I have it , I carry a Ruger LCP 380 , I do use a shoulder rig on occasion but not often . PLEASE CARRY YOUR GUN ! I only wish more good people would carry . Ok rip into me on the light cal. and pocket carry .

suthdj
Posts in topic: 1

Re: YOU SHOULD CARRY A POCKET GUN !!

Post by suthdj »

I carry a .45 and your a wimp and a worm for carrying such a small gun! ( see thread viewtopic.php?f=83&t=66585" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Just joking, Carry what works for you, as you say it is better then nothing, unless you prefer to throw can goods.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

I wanted to carry ever since I heard about Susan Gratia-Hupp watching her parents murdered in Killeen, and that pitiful video of her testifying about it, although it did do my heart good to see that supreme loon Schumer sitting there looking like something he ate disagreed with him. I hope he gets indigestion every day of his squalid miserable life, and a headache too.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Shthdj I bought my first 1911 in 1972 , shot the snot out of it , have had various 45's since , I'm too old , too shaky , too arthritic to enjoy them anymore . But a 380 or 9 mm is not a problem and a pleasure to use . My shoulder carry is a military CZ 82 , stoned the parts , polished the gun and added some aftermarket grips , check it out before and after :

Sorry the pic's are so bad .

Jallen I know the story and it breaks your heat to see what this woman had to experience and witness .

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jumping Frog »

I don't even own a pocket carry gun, nor do I own a .380. I know myself well enough that I would find some way of rationalizing and justifying it to myself that it was OK "just this time", and then I'd find myself carrying it everyday.

Instead, I carry full-size firearms. Every day. Without fail. My rationalization is now limited to do I carry an extra magazine or just have it nearby in the car.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Zencyl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Zencyl »

I do have a pocket 9mm pistol, but it is carried 90% of the time as my backup on my left ankle.

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Thats great Jumping Frog ! Bigger the better they say but try to get those that think you MUST have a big gun to carry to be comfortable with a weapon they feel they can live with and daily carry it .

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Zeclyn what kind of 9mm are you carrying ? I'v ben kinda jonesin for a Beretta .

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

This is what I carry daily :

Zencyl

Post by Zencyl »

chuck j wrote:Zeclyn what kind of 9mm are you carrying ? I'v ben kinda jonesin for a Beretta .
It's a Taurus 709slim. Between the ankle and pocket holster this gun is always on me and I can't feel it.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

My usual pocket gun.
.32NAA.jpg
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I pocket carry a Taurus 605 ply in .357 Magnum as my everyday every time gun. Normally it is a backup for my M&P 40 or M&P 40c. I have no problem with five shots of 125 gr .357 Magnum and 10 spare rounds in tuff strips. Jeez, the flash and muzzle blast should work like a flash bang grenade! :evil2:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

chuck j wrote:. . . , too shaky , too arthritic to enjoy them anymore . But a 380 or 9 mm is not a problem and a pleasure to use . . . .
This right here - :iagree:

Because of medical problems there are some days a .380 is all I can carry.

At one time all I would carry was a .45 in 1911. Then as the body begin to change I had to determine if I not going to carry and be a likely victim or was I going to carry something and be able to protect me and my family.

I absolutely pay NO attention to those who believe they are "ballistic experts". It is true that something is better than nothing. The ammo is much better than yesterdays and if you can pick up the right ammo a .380 can be sufficient.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jumping Frog wrote:I don't even own a pocket carry gun, nor do I own a .380. I know myself well enough that I would find some way of rationalizing and justifying it to myself that it was OK "just this time", and then I'd find myself carrying it everyday.

Instead, I carry full-size firearms. Every day. Without fail. My rationalization is now limited to do I carry an extra magazine or just have it nearby in the car.
My two pocket carry guns are a 9mm and a .357. I don't carry either of them daily, but I do carry them with some degree of frequency—particularly when the weather is just too hot for anything more than shorts and a T-shirt. For the record, I also occasionally carry them in an OWB holster sometimes, when deeper concealment is necessary. Neither is my primary carry, but both have been carried this way for a while now. Like you, I like the feel of carrying a larger gun, and the added capacity and shootability that comes with a larger gun, but I haven't found that having access to smaller, easier to carry guns has made me less likely to carry my larger guns. Rather, it just gives me options. Options means that I will ALWAYS carry a gun, even a gun of reliable self-defense caliber, when that full-sized .45 looks awfully big and heavy for such a hot day. Niether 9mm nor .357 is anything to sneeze at.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

When faced with a situation which calls for a gun, all of us will want something larger, more powerful, with a higher capacity than what we brought.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”