MHMR (Waco) Legal Sign?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Texheim
Posts in topic: 4

MHMR (Waco) Legal Sign?

Post by Texheim »

Hey y'all. I've gotten info from the forum before and finally decided to join. I'm active elsewhere and enjoy shooting and firearms in general.
As a part of my job I travel to outside business on delivery. I work for a small independent restaurant and enjoy the ability to carry every day;
I also carry on deliveries and CC in every building I'm legally allowed to.

I ran across an odd sign yesterday on delivery that said something to the effect:
The licensed carry of a concealed handgun on these premises is illegal under
Texas civil statue 4413 (23ee(?))

Well first it's not a the 30.06 sign but I didn't carry in the building in anyway because I wasn't quite
sure if there was some carve out in the law for Mental Health facilities.

I've sense gone back and read the referenced code and it's nothing more than the CHL rules and specifically mentioned the
30.06 signage and the 51% signage.

Am I missing something or is this an invalid sign?
"Y'all may go to hell and I shall go to Texas"

JJVP
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MHMR (Waco) Legal Sign?

Post by JJVP »

Texheim wrote:Hey y'all. I've gotten info from the forum before and finally decided to join. I'm active elsewhere and enjoy shooting and firearms in general.
As a part of my job I travel to outside business on delivery. I work for a small independent restaurant and enjoy the ability to carry every day;

I ran across an odd sign yesterday on delivery that said something to the effect:

Well first it's not a the 30.06 sign but I didn't carry in the building in anyway because I wasn't quite

I've sense gone back and read the referenced code and it's nothing more than the CHL rules and specifically mentioned the

That is the old law/ sign before 30.06 was adopted. No longer applicable. You are licensed under Chapter 411 not 4413. Carry on.

One caveat, some jurisdictions might still arrest you, even though the sign is outdated. You'll beat the rap, but you still might take the ride.
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

bdickens
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bdickens »

Not enforceable, if that's what you mean.
Byron Dickens

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

JJVP wrote:One caveat, some jurisdictions might still arrest you, even though the sign is outdated. You'll beat the rap, but you still might take the ride.

I'm sure by now that the word has gotten out.
Byron Dickens

Topic author
Texheim

Post by Texheim »

JJVP wrote:
Texheim wrote:Hey y'all. I've gotten info from the forum before and finally decided to join. I'm active elsewhere and enjoy shooting and firearms in general.

That is the old law/ sign before 30.06 was adopted. No longer applicable. You are licensed under Chapter 411 not 4413. Carry on.

One caveat, some jurisdictions might still arrest you, even though the sign is outdated. You'll beat the rap, but you still might take the ride.
Thanks guys, wasn't carrying before 30.06 so I wasn't quite sure. McLennan country is pretty good with us law abiding citizens but there's always the chance of a LEO with an agenda.
I also have to walk the line of "do I push the issue while working and risk the possibility of them no longer doing business with us." Oh well, well rather be fired than dead...

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

Texheim wrote:Thanks guys, wasn't carrying before 30.06 so I wasn't quite sure. McLennan country is pretty good with us law abiding citizens but there's always the chance of a LEO with an agenda.
I also have to walk the line of "do I push the issue while working and risk the possibility of them no longer doing business with us." Oh well, well rather be fired than dead...
A number of medical clinics in Waco (MacArthur, Fishpond, Bosque, maybe the rest?) still have the old signs up and I carry right past them. The older local hospital has gunbusters signs, but no 30.06, on all of the entrances I've ever used. There are also old signs at some local retirement/rehab places but they put theirs on the inside, which really makes no sense. I guess it is so the residents can remember?

I never point out that the signs are outdated because they might change them.

BTW, I still need to get with you sometime to talk Taurus and get my free lunch. ;-)

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

It is too risky to carry in a mental institution.. If one of the patients gets your gun there
will be big trouble and maybe someone will be killed.. What is legal is often not a good idea :smash:
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

tommyg wrote:It is too risky to carry in a mental institution.. If one of the patients gets your gun there
will be big trouble and maybe someone will be killed..
What is legal is often not a good idea :smash:
Consider this version:

If one of the patients picks up a kitchen knife and flips out, and you DON'T have your gun, maybe someone will be killed"

There, I fixed it for you. No charge. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
Texheim

Post by Texheim »

tommyg wrote:It is too risky to carry in a mental institution.. If one of the patients gets your gun there
will be big trouble and maybe someone will be killed.. What is legal is often not a good idea :smash:
It's a clinic for treatment not a full blown mental institution and they're not getting getting close enough to me to get my concealed gun...

Topic author
Texheim

Post by Texheim »

Waco1959 wrote:
Texheim wrote:Thanks guys, wasn't carrying before 30.06 so I wasn't quite sure. McLennan country is pretty good with us law abiding citizens but there's always the chance of a LEO with an agenda.
A number of medical clinics in Waco (MacArthur, Fishpond, Bosque, maybe the rest?) still have the old signs up and I carry right past them. The older local hospital has gunbusters signs, but no 30.06, on all of the entrances I've ever used. There are also old signs at some local retirement/rehab places but they put theirs on the inside, which really makes no sense. I guess it is so the residents can remember?

I never point out that the signs are outdated because they might change them.

BTW, I still need to get with you sometime to talk Taurus and get my free lunch. ;-)
Yes we do as long as we aren't talking paint or over due library books... :lol:

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

Texheim wrote:
Yes we do as long as we aren't talking paint or over due library books... :lol:
Out of the paint business and I don't work circulation so you're safe. :mrgreen:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”