Will you change How you carry after Sept 1.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
docbrazos
Posts in topic: 1

Will you change How you carry after Sept 1.

Post by docbrazos »

Senate Bill 299 adds a more clear meaning for “intentional failure to conceal” and protects against charges of unlawful carry for the inadvertent or accidental display of a handgun.
All the years I've had my Texas CHL ( since Day 1) I've busted tail to conceal my handgun. Inside the pants was the only way I could be 100% sure of not "printing" or being outed. With the new change I've decided I may be able to go On the outside. Any one else going to change how they carry after Sept 1st?
Gun control means hitting the target!

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Will you change How you carry after Sept 1.

Post by Keith B »

docbrazos wrote:
Senate Bill 299 adds a more clear meaning for “intentional failure to conceal” and protects against charges of unlawful carry for the inadvertent or accidental display of a handgun.
All the years I've had my Texas CHL ( since Day 1) I've busted tail to conceal my handgun. Inside the pants was the only way I could be 100% sure of not "printing" or being outed. With the new change I've decided I may be able to go On the outside. Any one else going to change how they carry after Sept 1st?
Nope. The rules on concealing did not change, and neither will my methods. I have always carried to properly conceal and that is the way I will continue to do it.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I wouldn't think so, the law just gives us a bit of extra protection if it accidentally shows, but it doesn't really make it "ok" to show, and it doesn't mean there won't be a phone call made. :???: which means does it doesn't mean the police officer doesn't ness know about the new law yet. Nope, nothing it changing in this house.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 10

Post by cb1000rider »

I think it will give me a little more OWB freedom from paranoia. IWB is fine, but OWB is much more comfortable (for me).

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Keeping my gun concealed is second nature to me after all these years. Will I change? Probably not, it just gives us a little more wiggle room if it is detected. :tiphat:

eta: I'll probably carry OWB a lot more in the warmer months. Winter time, I'm told it will be the week of Jan 5 this year, isn't a problem.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

bdickens
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bdickens »

Why?
Byron Dickens

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

bdickens wrote:Why?
Because I think it gives a little better latitude from the handog situation.... For now, it's a bit your-mileage-may-vary, but it certainly appears that it'd be a difficult burden of proof to prosecute.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Handog's situation has happened to my knowledge exactly once in the history of CHL in Texas.
Byron Dickens

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Nope no change for me. I already do worry much about the wind blowing a cover shirt up for a couple of seconds. As long as it isn't intentional to intimidate I don't really see that there is a difference in the law.

Maybe I'm missing something. If so please let me know.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Keith B wrote:
docbrazos wrote:
Nope. The rules on concealing did not change, and neither will my methods. I have always carried to properly conceal and that is the way I will continue to do it.
:iagree:

Ditto..

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've been carrying OWB for so long now that the only thing left is open carry....so no, I won't be changing how I carry.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Short answer. NoSir.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

bdickens wrote:Handog's situation has happened to my knowledge exactly once in the history of CHL in Texas.
Same here. Just a little too close to home.

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

I've been carrying OWB since day one and nobody has ever known any different, so no, no change for me.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

No
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”