Whole Foods Markets Posting 30.06 Signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

txcharvel
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Whole Foods Markets Posting 30.06 Signs

Post by txcharvel »

Rrash wrote:It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this is a preventative measure on their part to let OCT know they aren't welcome in their stores.
:iagree:

They aren't helping at all

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

My first visit to a whole Foods in TX was about 2 weeks ago. I shopped at WF in NC occasionally when I lived there a decade ago. Clearly, I am not their target customer. Some good looking Tuna in their seafood case, a few interesting microbrews and lots of very expensive other stuff I don't eat. Seems I could find the things I WOULD consume at other markets for less money. There was no 30.06 posting I could find. [Colleyville location, ~1-August]

I'm saddened by their 30.06 rollout, moreso because it reflects a reliance on wishful thinking ("Hope") rather than reality.
Apparently, the majority of their customer base PREFERS 30.06 signs to the harsh reality of having to consider the possibility of self defense.

Madison weeps.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

QB

Post by QB »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
mojo84 wrote:For some reason, it doesn't surprise me Whole Foods and similar place don't want guns in their stores.

I can't stand being oppressed by that much "yuppie" to go into a Whole Foods in the first place.
Well I do agree with you.....it always nauseated me to some extent but they were the closest place that sold a specific brand of oatmeal I like (how pathetic) :mrgreen:
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Rex B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rex B »

txcharvel wrote: As we were leaving I noticed the sign (not compliant btw, lettering too small) after I had already been in the store for an hour. I pointed it out to my wife and she said "guess we won't be coming here any more".
Those don't bother me, I carry right past non-compliant signs, with a small smile ;-)
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

The more I learn about how our foods are sourced and grown, the more I seek out foods grown in a natural way. With WF and Sprouts out of the running, that narrows my choices quite a bit. Especially Sprouts, with a new one open just down the highway from me.
I can buy most of my produce from a small farm in the Boyd area. I sure would like to find a local source for grass-fed beef that isn't priced like gold bullion.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Hey I can understand that.

MotherBear
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MotherBear »

Rex B wrote:I sure would like to find a local source for grass-fed beef that isn't priced like gold bullion.
How much freezer space do you have? When I was a teenager my family kept a few cows so we always had one in the freezer. I'm hoping in a few years to buy a second freezer and buy beef in bulk from someone local. It makes for cheap steak and expensive hamburger, but darn it's good stuff.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Rex B wrote:The more I learn about how our foods are sourced and grown, the more I seek out foods grown in a natural way. With WF and Sprouts out of the running, that narrows my choices quite a bit. Especially Sprouts, with a new one open just down the highway from me.
I can buy most of my produce from a small farm in the Boyd area. I sure would like to find a local source for grass-fed beef that isn't priced like gold bullion.
have you seen this place not sure how price is http://homestead-farms.net/
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Try this.
http://www.eatwild.com/products/texas.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

The only reason I shop at Whole Foods is for nuts ("fresh") for my parrots. Haven't seen a 30.06 sign of any sort, but if I do, I will card them and leave.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I go to whole food specifically for a few dairy free foods I can't get anywhere else, about once a month, and I'm in and out in about 20 mins. but if the sign isn't compliant with the law, I won't be compliant with the sign.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

tomdavis wrote:Does anyone know if denying guns allows a reduction in their insurance cost?
No.

That question would never even come up during the underwriting process.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
Dad24GreatKids
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

Today I made a point of going by all of the Whole Foods locations that are close to me and that I hadn't already confirmed as posted. The location at Kirby & Alabama, along with the location at Westheimer & Wilcrest were both posted with what I think are invalid signs (letter size). :mad5 I did not see a sign at the Woodway & Voss location.

According to a comment on Texas3006.com Whole Foods now has a corporate policy against open or concealed carry. Don't they need to post a gun buster sign to prevent open carry? I don't remember seeing that on their signs or doors.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:Its my understanding Sprouts stores have been 30.06'd prior to the antics, and that its a definite philosophy on their part.
Sprouts posted in Dec 2013 / Jan 2014 timeframe. Open carry shenanigans were going on in the summer of 2013. It appears that the posting is in response to the OC movement.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

When you have as many food allergies as we do, you really have limited choices. So far so good in the Arlington store. There is a new one opening next month in FM that is more convenient, hope they don't.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”