Whole Foods Markets Posting 30.06 Signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Dad24GreatKids
Posts in topic: 4

Whole Foods Markets Posting 30.06 Signs

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

It looks like Whole Foods is beginning to post 30.06 signs at their stores in the Houston area. I've seen two of them (Sugar Land & Bellaire Blvd). texas3006.com shows a new sign at Fry road location. Comments show another at Westheimer & Wilcrest. Typically we spend a few hundred dollars a month there, but no more.

FYI the signs seem to be accurate except for the size of the lettering.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

bryan1980
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Whole Foods Markets Posting 30.06 Signs

Post by bryan1980 »

The Sprouts stores up here are all posted (correct font size, bilingual, right down the line). I don't shop there or at Whole Foods, but this is a worrying trend. I hate to say it, but I'm afraid some of the open carry mental midgets might be to blame for this. All it takes is a few sheeple to get scared when they see someone carrying a big bad black rifle, and up go the signs. We can only hope they're only gunbuster signs, but it seems more and more businesses are discovering the 30.06 sign.
5/21/14 - Submitted online app.
5/24/14 - Class
5/27/14 - Submitted CHL-100 & checklist
7/18/14 - Plastic in hand

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Its my understanding Sprouts stores have been 30.06'd prior to the antics, and that its a definite philosophy on their part.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Does a 30.06 sign prohibit open carry of a rifle? :???:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

As much as I prefer the offerings of stores like Whole Foods and Sprouts, the 30.06signs tell me they don't want my business. Thankfully, the bigger stores like Kroger and Brookshires are offering healthier choices in organic produce and more natural meats.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

tomdavis
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tomdavis »

Does anyone know if denying guns allows a reduction in their insurance cost?
...for as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. Arbroath, 4/6/1320.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

My grocery business is split between HEB & Walmart.

No 30.06 to deal with.

Superman

Post by Superman »

tomdavis wrote:Does anyone know if denying guns allows a reduction in their insurance cost?
It should not and it better not... There should be no liability difference either way, as long as they are following the laws.

rentz

Post by rentz »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:Its my understanding Sprouts stores have been 30.06'd prior to the antics, and that its a definite philosophy on their part.
strange the sprouts near me hasn't had a sign before....now i havent been there recently so maybe they just did it.

txcharvel

Post by txcharvel »

Superman wrote:
tomdavis wrote:Does anyone know if denying guns allows a reduction in their insurance cost?
It should not and it better not... There should be no liability difference either way, as long as they are following the laws.
There are lots of things insurance can require that go above and beyond any laws. It all depends on how they perceive risk. I'm in risk management and I ask for documentation of things all the time that allow me to show my client as a good risk.

Also...last week I noticed that the Austin South location for Whole Foods was posted. It used to be a favorite date night destination for dessert. As we were leaving I noticed the sign (not compliant btw, lettering too small) after I had already been in the store for an hour. I pointed it out to my wife and she said "guess we won't be coming here any more".

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It does not. They may use it as a "marketing" point thinking underwriters will give them additional consideration when underwriting the account but I doubt it makes much difference. At least I have never seen it be an issue.
Last edited by mojo84 on Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this is a preventative measure on their part to let OCT know they aren't welcome in their stores.

QB

Post by QB »

Last week when I went to Whole Foods in Addison (@Beltline and North Tollway), I saw a 30.06 sign. I returned to my car but instead of disarming and going in to shop, I got in and left!!! I have since found a market that will order me the same items I purchased at Whole Foods and of course will never set foot in their store again.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

For some reason, it doesn't surprise me Whole Foods and similar place don't want guns in their stores.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

mojo84 wrote:For some reason, it doesn't surprise me Whole Foods and similar place don't want guns in their stores.

I can't stand being oppressed by that much "yuppie" to go into a Whole Foods in the first place.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”