Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carry 'around the house'?

Post by RJS »

Why wouldn't you?

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

With kids at home, my only options are on me or in the safe. I keep it on me. Even when working outside.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

SRH78
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SRH78 »

RJS wrote:Why wouldn't you?
Now, that is a great question. :thumbs2:

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

If the pants are on so is the gun, which makes naps hard at times if I roll on to my hip.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

Open carry at home and even in the back yard most of the time. During the day time I will cover out back if the neighbors are out there with the kids. I don't know where they stand on the issue and don't feel the need for a visit from the local popo because someone freaked out. I've been OCing in the house for for so long, my 13y old daughter notices if I don't have it on. It's not very often, but she notices.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Yes.

I have no children living in my house. I keep my double action/single action pistol loaded, round chambered, safety on. If I am not wearing it, it is nearby. My wife keeps her Ruger LCR handy.

On my property, both inside and out, I do not conceal. When my younger children visit, our only change is that my wife locks her Ruger.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

I don't carry at home per my wife's request. She likes to be physically affectionate from time to time and doesn't want to be feeling my gun. She's not super comfortable with guns yet, but she's getting a lot better. She shoots when we go to the range, and I even got her a SR22 of her own, in her favorite color: purple.

That being said, I do have some firearms staged around the house that are convenient to the places I spend my most time. No kids in the house, so I'm not worried about authorized access.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Yes I carry all the time - even at home. I carry the same way, iwb, so that I don't have to think about it if I'm working in the yard or around the house & have to leave.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

I live out in the country on acreage. Inside I either carry or have a gun within reach. Outside, I always carry, and most of the time when I expect to stay on my property I open carry. I was getting ready for a trip to Houston this weekend and had car problems. I was open carrying while working on the car intending to don a cover garment before we left. An absentee owner neighbor came over asking for help getting his truck unstuck. We were well into the attempt to get his truck out before he even mentioned the gun...nor did his wife or kids say anything. Of course, where I live, the likelihood of encountering an anti-gun neighbor is about the same as encountering a polar bear. He's more of a rifle guy but he may drop by and try out some handguns on my home range now.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

YES! cause 100% of home invasion happens at home.... tadug chiw! i'll be here till thursday and remember to tip your waiters. :leaving
'got to Texas ASAIC.

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Yes. Usually both the EDC and the BUG. This weekend was an exception. I had to replace the control arm bushings on my car. With the car jacked up and me crawling under it, sometimes lying on my back, sometimes on one side or the other, the EDC just didn't work. I kept the little LCP in my hip pocket though.

nocents

Post by nocents »

aaangel wrote:YES! cause 100% of home invasion happens at home.... tadug chiw! i'll be here till thursday and remember to tip your waiters. :leaving
I guess that means I need to move from my home!
I read somewhere once that most vehicle accidents occur within 25 miles of home so I moved. Haven't had an accident since.....go figure.

goose

Post by goose »

I try to. Have I unholstered because I had a "hot spot" around my holster? Yes. Have I unholstered for a nap, even if I wasn't in bed? Yes. But most of the time I am IWB and geared up. For me, I try everyday to remove as much of my emotion from my carry. I don't want to make judgements about when and where I carry. I just want to carry.

Not 100% but getting closer and closer to it.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

Always.
Inside. Outside. Yard work. Washing the truck. Taking the dog out to do her business. Getting the mail. Picking lemons in the back yard. Etc. Etc. Etc.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

rivertripper

Post by rivertripper »

Orions':

I believe in the "why not" school of gun carry. You're in your driveway, unknown car pulls up, where's your gun?

That being said, I never open carry for tactical reasons. Why give your opponent the heads up
to rethink his plan and ambush you?

Around the house and yard (and in fact everywhere I go) my shirttail is out, gun and spare mags under.

Get a good holster that is molded to your gun and a double magazine pouch.
Mine have hex screws that tighten to taste. I want to be able to take a nap in my gear
and run in my gear if I need to get out of Dodge!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”