How to report improper §30.06 signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 7

Re: How to report improper §30.06 signs

Post by AJSully421 »

Wow... Fort Worth zoo combining 30.06 and 30.07 signs on city property. How else can they fail to comply with the law? They don't care, they just don't want icky guns near their dangerous animals... Or the zoo animals either.

It is almost like they know that they are doing it wrong, they are counting on the gun carrying public to not know in their efforts to be the most law abiding group in Texas.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by puma guy »

AJSully421 wrote:Wow... Fort Worth zoo combining 30.06 and 30.07 signs on city property. How else can they fail to comply with the law? They don't care, they just don't want icky guns near their dangerous animals... Or the zoo animals either.

It is almost like they know that they are doing it wrong, they are counting on the gun carrying public to not know in their efforts to be the most law abiding group in Texas.
I look for them to begin a propaganda campaign. I would bet a dime to a dollar they'll be making statements to the public how they are legitimately exempted and the evil gun people are trying to turn the the zoo and war zone and dangerous place. I wouldn't doubt they'd even threaten closing.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Glockster
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Glockster »

Have they even stated what their basis is for claiming that being a child care center then makes them a GFZ? I don't see how claiming to be that makes them a school (assuming that's the angle they're trying to take).
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 10

Post by ScottDLS »

Glockster wrote:Have they even stated what their basis is for claiming that being a child care center then makes them a GFZ? I don't see how claiming to be that makes them a school (assuming that's the angle they're trying to take).

I wonder if they also realize that the wording of the sign is invalid until January 1 anyway.... :rules:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KC5AV »

The Harrison county courthouse has a courtroom on the first floor. It also has the county tax assessor-collector. Both of these are behind a metal detector with an armed deputy. I haven't been by there since 9/1, but as of last week, they had a compliant 30.06 sign.
How close does a courtroom need to be for them to argue 'utilized by the court'? If the sign is still in place, would this be worth pursuing?
NRA lifetime member

rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rtschl »

Tarrant County Southwest sub-courthouse, Tax Assessor has had signs on all doors but no metal detectors. But the Tax Assessor's office is accessible without going into the court. I remember too that a few years ago their office in Hurst was marked as being completely off limits since the building was a courthouse. But you don't go into the court to get to the Tax Assessor's office.

I too wonder if we shouldn't pursue all these county and municipalities that want to claim a whole building as a courthouse.
Ron
NRA Member

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Taypo »

ScottDLS wrote:
Glockster wrote:Have they even stated what their basis is for claiming that being a child care center then makes them a GFZ? I don't see how claiming to be that makes them a school (assuming that's the angle they're trying to take).

I wonder if they also realize that the wording of the sign is invalid until January 1 anyway.... :rules:
Pretty sure it doesn't matter what the wording is, a combined sign is a no go.

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NotRPB »

ScottDLS wrote: I wonder if they also realize that the wording of the sign is invalid until January 1 anyway.... :rules:
"rlol"
Thy got Daycare license? ...
SO

Where do I drop off the kids every day for them to watch (Daycare?!) while I go to work, I hope they have a supply of diapers and employees to change the kids as needed...

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Taypo wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:

Really? On what basis in law?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ScottDLS wrote:
Taypo wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:

Tex. Penal Code §§30.06 and 30.07.

Chas.
TPC §30.06 as of 1/1/16 wrote:(3) "Written communication" means:
(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with [of license to carry] a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code ([concealed] handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"
TPC §30.07 as of 1/1/16 wrote:(3) "Written communication" means:
(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly"

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
Taypo wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:

Chas.
(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with [of license to carry] a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code ([concealed] handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"
(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly"
:iagree:

I thought Taypo was saying the signs were VALID regardless of the bad wording. They are NOT until 1/1/16. And they are unenforceable anyway due to Zoo being city owned. So I suggest there is no basis in law for enforceability until 1/1.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Taypo »

ScottDLS wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
Taypo wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:

Chas.

I thought Taypo was saying the signs were VALID regardless of the bad wording. They are NOT until 1/1/16. And they are unenforceable anyway due to Zoo being city owned. So I suggest there is no basis in law for enforceability until 1/1.
There is NO basis for enforcement AFTER 1/1 because that sign is a combination of wording of both 30.06 and 30.07, rather than the specific language required for each. They can't just make stuff up to fit it on one sign to save space.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Right2Carry »

Taypo wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
Taypo wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:

Chas.

There is NO basis for enforcement AFTER 1/1 because that sign is a combination of wording of both 30.06 and 30.07, rather than the specific language required for each. They can't just make stuff up to fit it on one sign to save space.
I agree. That sign doesn't meet the requirements of the law.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jaguar »

I have a question and please excuse me if this was answered elsewhere. Hospitals are statutorily off limits due to PC §46.035(b)(4), if they post a 30.06 sign per subsection (i).

Does this mean a county hospital can legally post a 30.06 sign even though it is owned by a government entity?
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

CJD
Posts in topic: 9

Post by CJD »

Jaguar wrote:I have a question and please excuse me if this was answered elsewhere. Hospitals are statutorily off limits due to PC §46.035(b)(4), if they post a 30.06 sign per subsection (i).

Does this mean a county hospital can legally post a 30.06 sign even though it is owned by a government entity?
Yes. Any place off limits in 46.03 or 46.035 can post 30.06.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”