Do Not make a company aware of their non-compliant signs!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Do Not make a company aware of their non-compliant signs!

Post by Abraham »

ScottDLS,

You may very well be right about the $10,000 a day fine, in fact I hope you are, but I thought it's a $1000.00 a day.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 10

Post by mojo84 »

Here are the threads about illegal posting of 30.06 signs by government entities and reporting them.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=188

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=77921

There is a distinct difference between the obligation and justification for reporting something that is illegal and something the is ill advised, unenforceable or not desirable.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jonmo1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jonmo1 »

Why correct a non compliant sign?
I care neither for the business’ opinion of guns or intent of the invalid sign. I care about the law. If I can legally carry there, I will. My reason for carrying is for personal self defense. This reason is not impacted by the business owner at all.
If I can’t legally carry there, I’ll take my business elsewhere. Not for any political “I’m boycotting you” reason, I couldn’t care less about their opinion. I’ll go elsewhere simply because I don’t want to disarm myself. Unless I have no choice (nowhere else provides the goods or services I’m after). But that’s probably a rare occasion that I have yet to come across.

jonmo1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jonmo1 »

There may be some validity in the idea that some businesses intentionally post invalid signs to appease their anti gun employees and customers. Knowing that licensees will know the law and still carry concealed, while the anti gunners will be blissfully comforted and none the wiser.

I think it’s fair to say that anyone who takes the time to read and understand the law, and can recognize the sign is invalid is likely a law abiding person and therefor is not a threat to their business.
Also, people who have read and understand the law probably also know that no sign can protect them from an armed criminal who doesn’t care about the stupid sign.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grundy1133 »

so much bickering going on in this topic.... i think someone should lock it... lol. the great thing about being alive is freedom of choice. either tell them or don't and move on and go about your day. :thumbs2:
NRA Member

NNT
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NNT »

glock27 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:37 pm I don’t seem to fathom how someone can tell a store owner what they need to do to allow patrons not to carry. That’s some California logic.
California logic is not allowing to carry, spent many years there.

I agree private property owners have the right, and should have the right, to prohibit guns.

If I have the potential to get arrested, I want it very clear and consistent what I can get arrested for. Not some arbitrary hand drawn sign in a corner that might look like a gun buster to someone. Traffic signs are consistent, so should signs limiting the exercise of my constitutional rights.

NNT

Post by NNT »

Grundy1133 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:32 pm so much bickering going on in this topic.... i think someone should lock it... lol. the great thing about being alive is freedom of choice. either tell them or don't and move on and go about your day. :thumbs2:
It was dead for 3 years...doubt anyone’s position has changed. :smash: :rules: :nono: :cheers2:

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

NNT wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:35 pm
Grundy1133 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:32 pm so much bickering going on in this topic.... i think someone should lock it... lol. the great thing about being alive is freedom of choice. either tell them or don't and move on and go about your day. :thumbs2:
It was dead for 3 years...doubt anyone’s position has changed. :smash: :rules: :nono: :cheers2:
IBTL!
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grundy1133 »

very true. i wasnt the one who resurrected it tho. i just read thru the pages and thought it'd be best if it was locked so that people wouldnt get heated again. i notice a few banned members who put in their 2 cents on the topic...
NRA Member

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Grundy1133 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:48 pm
very true. i wasnt the one who resurrected it tho. i just read thru the pages and thought it'd be best if it was locked so that people wouldnt get heated again. i notice a few banned members who put in their 2 cents on the topic...
LOL... this is one topic that has always been a bit controversial. I have my strong opinion as well. The thing that has changed is I am no longer going to give it. :coolgleamA: :biggrinjester:

Allons

Post by Allons »

glock27 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:24 am What good benefit do people see when they mention to a place of business that their sign is non compliant? More chances than not they are antis and ignorant of the law, so why would you want to inform them of that? Why ruin it for the rest of us by doing this? Just ignore it and carry on, telling them will do nothing other than make them aware of the law and that they need to post a correct sign to make it enforceable. Why would anyone want to do this? Dont give them any "ammunition" because of their ignorance. Just let them be. Dont ruin it for everyone! Just let them be ignorant.

Ive never understood the point. :confused5 :nono:
Old post or not, I have to agree with Glock 27, I'm not about to help a business post the correct sign to keep me and other LTC holders out.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Abraham
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Abraham »

Censoring a thread on the part of a few forum members isn't within their purview.

Suggesting a thread be locked because YOU/THEY don't approve/like it reminds of a group whose name starts with anti-...

Don't care for the thread content?

Don't read it.

Sheesh!

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Abraham wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:12 am Censoring a thread on the part of a few forum members isn't within their purview.

Suggesting a thread be locked because YOU/THEY don't approve/like it reminds of a group whose name starts with anti-...

Don't read it.

Sheesh!
:iagree:

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Abraham wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:12 am Censoring a thread on the part of a few forum members isn't within their purview.

Don't read it.

Sheesh!
Hurrumph!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”