Forth Worth & Dallas Zoos

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Forth Worth & Dallas Zoos

Post by Abraham »

Given their hard core anti-gun stance, I attribute their signs to a lack of knowledge about proper signage.

Not a wink-wink in my opinion.
Last edited by Abraham on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

cowhow
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cowhow »

Don't know that I'd want to be the test case for OC either, but that sign is useless and if that's their best effort then I'm a happy camper. I'll CC right past it with a smile.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

Abraham wrote:Given their hard core anti-gun stance, I attribute their signs to a lack of knowledge about proper signage.

No a wink-wink in my opinion.
I think it may be done on purpose as well. However, it's not a 'wink wink' pass, it's a "Well Mr.AG Your Honor, we don't have a 30.06 or 30.07 sign posted because it's illegal to do that on government owned property". Since it's not a legal 30.06 or 30.07 sign they can put up the guise that it is, the uninformed LTC will turn back to their car, the anti's that don't know better will think it is valid, and since its not a 30.06/30.07 they won't get fined for it. However, since the sign refers to 30.06/30.07, then it's still a violation of the law and they CAN be fined.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Photoman

Post by Photoman »

Have any of the OC'ers gone to the zoo yet? If so, what happened?

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

Keith B wrote:
Abraham wrote:Given their hard core anti-gun stance, I attribute their signs to a lack of knowledge about proper signage.

No a wink-wink in my opinion.
I think it may be done on purpose as well. However, it's not a 'wink wink' pass, it's a "Well Mr.AG Your Honor, we don't have a 30.06 or 30.07 sign posted because it's illegal to do that on government owned property". Since it's not a legal 30.06 or 30.07 sign they can put up the guise that it is, the uninformed LTC will turn back to their car, the anti's that don't know better will think it is valid, and since its not a 30.06/30.07 they won't get fined for it. However, since the sign refers to 30.06/30.07, then it's still a violation of the law and they CAN be fined.
You would think the people making these decisions would actually read the law.

Sec.A411.209.AAWRONGFUL EXCLUSION OF CONCEALED HANDGUN
LICENSE HOLDER. (a) A state agency or a political subdivision of
the state may not provide notice by a communication described by
Section 30.06, Penal Code, or by any sign expressly referring to
that law
or to a concealed handgun license, that a license holder
carrying a handgun under the authority of this subchapter is
prohibited from entering or remaining on a premises or other place
owned or leased by the governmental entity unless license holders
are prohibited from carrying a handgun on the premises or other
place by Section 46.03 or 46.035, Penal Code

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

TXBO,

If I read what you posted correctly, the posting of false signage IS illegal and the AG "can" do something about it.

Posting such signage doesn't make me as an LTC/CHLer feel good because if I'm in the know enough, if you will, I know I really can carry, as the signs aren't valid, while the anti-gun folk supposedly also feel good because they think I can't carry, doesn't hold up...such signage isn't allowed by law.

Ah, assuming my understanding of what TXBO posted is accurate...

SH3P4RD_117

Post by SH3P4RD_117 »

Posted as of 5/5/2016 at the Fort Worth Zoo

Entrance to Parkinglot by booth to pay for parking:

To the right of the booth for purchasing admission tickets:

Closer view:

Kolamer

Post by Kolamer »

I may be wrong but those signs are not legal due to the wording. I am pretty sure you cannot combine the signs.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Kolamer wrote:I may be wrong but those signs are not legal due to the wording. I am pretty sure you cannot combine the signs.
You can't, the signs are not compliant in a couple of ways. Conceal away, I do every time that I go.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

They sure go to a lot of trouble to avoid following the law.I think the AG should make an example of them, in a big way
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

rotor

Post by rotor »

If the signs are not legitimate 30.06 and 30.07 signs how can the AG make them remove them? By definition the place is not posted.

Wes

Post by Wes »

And let's not tell them please, thanks
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Kolamer wrote:I may be wrong but those signs are not legal due to the wording. I am pretty sure you cannot combine the signs.
Your not wrong. :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

rotor wrote:If the signs are not legitimate 30.06 and 30.07 signs how can the AG make them remove them? By definition the place is not posted.
TX GC 411.209 wrote:WRONGFUL EXCLUSION OF CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE HOLDER.
(a) A state agency or a political subdivision of the state may not provide notice by a communication described by Section 30.06, Penal Code, or by any sign expressly referring to that law or to a concealed handgun license, that a license holder carrying a handgun under the authority of this subchapter is prohibited from entering or remaining on a premises or other place owned or leased by the governmental entity unless license holders are prohibited from carrying a handgun on the premises or other place by Section 46.03 or 46.035, Penal Code.
Seems to me like they are referring to the concealed handgun license as well as referring to section 30.06 of the penal code and are therefore subject to GC 411.209

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

Wes wrote:And let's not tell them please, thanks
Let's all of us pay very close attention to the above quote..... Please quit trying to make it your personal mandate to educate them. Use the process enacted through the AG and let them get fined. Meanwhile LTC holders who know and fully understand the law can carry concealed without fear of prosecution.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”