LTC licenses now being issued

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: LTC licenses now being issued

Post by ScottDLS »

Charlies.Contingency wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:Waiting for more folks to squawk TROLL and further degeneration of debate to follow...ultimately ending in the troll being banned.

:yawn :waiting:
I think there is a possibility that said one could calm down and peacefully participate in conversations. But the insults and accusations need to stop. If one has a point, make the point, don't just "shout" what "is" and what "isn't" right in your opinion, as that goes nowhere quickly.

There are valid points to both arguments, but it is ones choice on how they carry, and we should all respect that, and not call each other names. Have fun guys & gals. :cheers2:
Everyone here (who doesn't agree with me) is a troll. Oh and Glocks stink and 1911's rule! :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

ScottDLS wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:Waiting for more folks to squawk TROLL and further degeneration of debate to follow...ultimately ending in the troll being banned.

:yawn :waiting:
I think there is a possibility that said one could calm down and peacefully participate in conversations. But the insults and accusations need to stop. If one has a point, make the point, don't just "shout" what "is" and what "isn't" right in your opinion, as that goes nowhere quickly.

There are valid points to both arguments, but it is ones choice on how they carry, and we should all respect that, and not call each other names. Have fun guys & gals. :cheers2:
Everyone here (who doesn't agree with me) is a troll. Oh and Glocks stink and 1911's rule! :biggrinjester:
Oh goodness, here we go. :banghead:
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

RJS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RJS »

Definitely not planning on OC... Why attract attention, positive or negative? I don't want people thanking me for exercising OUR right, nor do I want some bimbo mom screaming, nor do I want to deal with law enforcement asking me for my CHL, nor do I want to get into debates about 2A, really don't want any attention drawn to the fact I'm armed. I just want to go about my business and be left alone.

However, should a problem arise, I will respond to protect myself and my loved ones from any harm. That's really what it's all about.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

I'm looking forward to see who OC's.

I won't be doing it, but then again, who knows?

Maybe I'll OC just for the novelty of it.

I can see myself in HEB or Walmart with a big ole hogleg strapped on me hip and the looks of delight expressed on my fellow shoppers faces when they get a gander at my hand cannon.

I'll leave my Glock 19 at home (too drab for OCing) and buy me a big ole 44 magnum revolver residing inside a beautifully tooled Tucker holster. Yeah Buddy!

I wasn't going to OC, but after reading this thread, the outrage declared regarding OC has actually motivated me into thinking about how much fun I'll be missing if I don't OC...

C'mon, Jan 1, 2016, the day to celebrate OCing in Texas.

Yeehaw!

All us gun nuts are gonna have fun!!

sherlock7

Post by sherlock7 »

Amen Bro! Made me Laugh!

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

TEXASG7 wrote::smash:
I really don't understand why people with Chl's want to open carry? The only thing it tends to prove is that there really are gun nuts out there and the law abiding citizens such as myself seems to get thrown in with the rest!
Please tell me who REALLY needs to know you have a firearm? ?
Would you people PLEASE tone it down! !!!

Walking around with an open firearm does not look cute nor will it PROTECT any better than concealed.
Law enforcement, Military, and Armed officers are the only people who need to have open firearms.

OPEN CARRY WILL NEVER MAKE YOU OR ANYONE AROUND YOU FEEL MORE SAFE OR SECURE! .... AND that's a fact.

Actually it is an opinion and you have provided no evidence to back up your claim as a FACT!
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

You know, I don't totally disagree with the OP's premise.

I OC'd all last week through Montana, Wyoming, and Rocky Mountain NP just to get a feel for OC exposure. As far as I could tell/see, I was the only OC within eyesight anywhere. I suspect that after opening weekend in Texas and the new wears off, OC's in Texas will be as scarce as hen's teeth. We'll see......?

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Oldgringo wrote:You know, I don't totally disagree with the OP's premise.

I OC'd all last week through Montana, Wyoming, and Rocky Mountain NP just to get a feel for OC exposure. As far as I could tell/see, I was the only OC within eyesight anywhere. I suspect that after opening weekend in Texas and the new wears off, OC's in Texas will be as scarce as hen's teeth. We'll see, eh?

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Right2Carry wrote:
I really don't understand why people with Chl's want to open carry? The only thing it tends to prove is that there really are gun nuts out there and the law abiding citizens such as myself seems to get thrown in with the rest!

Walking around with an open firearm does not look cute nor will it PROTECT any better than concealed.
Law enforcement, Military, and Armed officers are the only people who need to have open firearms.

OPEN CARRY WILL NEVER MAKE YOU OR ANYONE AROUND YOU FEEL MORE SAFE OR SECURE! .... AND that's a fact.

Actually it is an opinion and you have provided no evidence to back up your claim as a FACT!
I think it will be how one is carrying while OCing and their demure.

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

So, my being law enforcement, means I should only carry on or off duty then? Does that mean I can't get off work, open carry my Glock 22 in my duty rig, meet up with TAM, and enjoy some tacos? Depending on your answer, I may or not be able to carry according to your opinion. Following that, if you answer that I can open carry off duty because I'm LE, what does that mean for TAM. What would the difference between my carrying and and TAM carrying in a simular rig? Would that subsequently make everybody around us less safe? What if I'm in uniform wearing the same rig, does that suddenly make it different aside from professional appearance?

TexasG7 wrote:OPEN CARRY WILL NEVER MAKE YOU OR ANYONE AROUND YOU FEEL MORE SAFE OR SECURE! .... AND that's a fact.
Please, enlighten me as to how you could possibly figure this? You so called fact is Indeed a LIE, and such lies are not tolerated here, so please rebuke your statement.

I intended to ignore this post when it was written, but I found it hard to ignore the blatant ignorance towards other forum members and the posting of false information without any truth, nor any apologies or attempts to reddem oneself. Sorry if I am being harsh, but seeing these comments again has forced me to say something.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

If an openly carried fire arm does not protect any better than concealed then why is it that law enforcement and military are the only ones who need to have OC?

Perhap it's a gross oversimplification but here's my 2 cents:

It's all about projecting presence.

I for one feel much more safe and secure when I see my fellow citizens exercising their second amendment rights. The second amendment was for defense against tyranny and oppression. Foreign and domestic.

Authority, LE and the anti's don't want OC because it breaks the illusion that authority is control.

CC is out of sight out of mind. You tend to think your the only one. But when you see OC you are reminded that there's a whole lot of armed citizens who could challenge authority. Authority and LE don't want the citizenry to know they have power and the sheeple want to believe the Authority and LE will take care of them.

A friendly reminder to the powers that be that they derive their authority and control from what the citizens allow them to have is not a bad thing.

I truly believe there is the Psychology of Control is at play more than any practical OC vs CC issues, although CC and OC do reduce crime.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

TEXASG7 wrote:

This is my favorite part of this post: Would you people PLEASE tone it down! !!!

Absolutely hilarious!

Plus, walking around with an open firearm (huh?) not only looks cute, but makes my butt look smaller.

Especially, because I'm gettin me a big ole hog leg to strut my stuff with and make folks who don't like OCers green with envy.

TEXASG7

Post by TEXASG7 »

:woohoo
Greetings to all....
I'm so glad soooo many of you have replied to what you may have interpreted as controversial statements. It would be sad to be here if we all agreed on everything. Before I got here your discussion seemed to be very bland. But now I see some real guts and glory, some bark and some bite!
If you want me to agree with you on everything, we'll that's not gonna happen. I would never marry anyone who would try to pacifie me rather than disagree with me.
I love when people disagree, it's the only way to open up a real fire and desire conversation. I hope you enjoy getting involved instead of just sitting on the side lines.
I promise to have more disagreements to come.....but until then feel free to jump in.

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

TEXASG7 wrote::woohoo
Greetings to all....
I'm so glad soooo many of you have replied to what you may have interpreted as controversial statements. It would be sad to be here if we all agreed on everything. Before I got here your discussion seemed to be very bland. But now I see some real guts and glory, some bark and some bite!
If you want me to agree with you on everything, we'll that's not gonna happen. I would never marry anyone who would try to pacifie me rather than disagree with me.
I love when people disagree, it's the only way to open up a real fire and desire conversation. I hope you enjoy getting involved instead of just sitting on the side lines.
I promise to have more disagreements to come.....but until then feel free to jump in.
Yes, we were all trapped in an endless cycle of boring discussions until you came along and turned this into yet another OC vs CC thread. Three cheers for you.

TEXASG7

Post by TEXASG7 »

:lol::
Thank you, .... see there, we can agree on something.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”