Is Your Church / Synagogue / Mosque Posting 30.07?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Dad24GreatKids
Posts in topic: 3

Is Your Church / Synagogue / Mosque Posting 30.07?

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

I am curious to know if your place of worship has or will be posting 30.07 signs? I understand concealed carry in a church, but I don't see the point of open carry.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is Your Church / Synagogue / Mosque Posting 30.07?

Post by ScottDLS »

Just have the ushers or the pastor/rabbi/imam tell anyone open carrying to lose it. Why junk up all the entrances to your house of worship with 30.07 notices?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

Our congregation is small, only about 40-50 regular attendees.... besides myself there is just one other CHL that i know of, neither of us will OC... CC is fine with us.... and as far as I know (father-in-law) is one of the elders, no plans to post either signs
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rtschl »

Our congregation is very supportive of conceal carry but many have asked about keeping people from open carrying. We are not going to post signs at our church but a minister and/or our security team members will ask anyone who is open carrying to conceal. We are also going to have business size 30.07 cards printed for our security team and door greeters to hand to anyone who open carries. We are not going to make a big deal about it.
Ron
NRA Member

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I haven't heard at my church
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Topic author
Dad24GreatKids
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

rtschl wrote:Our congregation is very supportive of conceal carry but many have asked about keeping people from open carrying. We are not going to post signs at our church but a minister and/or our security team members will ask anyone who is open carrying to conceal. We are also going to have business size 30.07 cards printed for our security team and door greeters to hand to anyone who open carries. We are not going to make a big deal about it.
I like this approach.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

IsraelisJewish

Post by IsraelisJewish »

The picture of the church is nice. You have done a lot with the building you have. I hope you have a move of God.

I like the approach that was mentioned also. Giving out a business type of card asking OC to become CC or something of that nature. Not making a big deal out of it. Of course, it could still turn into a big deal, depends on the recipient of the card.
David (IsraelisJewish)
SunnyWalker.net

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

We are cc friendly with congregation regulars and members. OC not so much. no signs, just a visit from some folks to polity ask for the firearm to be left outside.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

I haven't seen it at mine.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

rtschl wrote:Our congregation is very supportive of conceal carry but many have asked about keeping people from open carrying. We are not going to post signs at our church but a minister and/or our security team members will ask anyone who is open carrying to conceal. We are also going to have business size 30.07 cards printed for our security team and door greeters to hand to anyone who open carries. We are not going to make a big deal about it.
I really like this idea. I believe we are going to do something similar.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Countryside
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Countryside »

If anyone open carries at our church....we'll talk to them about the kind of gun it is, the ammo they use, who their gunsmith is, the virtues of 1911s over Glocks, etc..... :mrgreen:

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

Countryside wrote:If anyone open carries at our church....we'll talk to them about the kind of gun it is, the ammo they use, who their gunsmith is, the virtues of 1911s over Glocks, etc..... :mrgreen:

:hurry: :txflag: :hurry:
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

oljames3
Posts in topic: 9

Post by oljames3 »

Dad24GreatKids wrote:I am curious to know if your place of worship has or will be posting 30.07 signs? I understand concealed carry in a church, but I don't see the point of open carry.
No.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Countryside wrote:If anyone open carries at our church....we'll talk to them about the kind of gun it is, the ammo they use, who their gunsmith is, the virtues of 1911s over Glocks, etc..... :mrgreen:
hahaha with emphasis on why 1911's are the messiah of handguns :biggrinjester:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”