Speaking of signs.....

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 1

Speaking of signs.....

Post by Aggie_engr »

Management has never mentioned weapons at my workplace, heck I was never even told no weapons during my employee orientation. Open carry passes and now this email blast gets sent out to all Texas offices. Paragraph 4 of the personal conduct policy only states no unauthorized firearms or weapons.

SlowDave

Re: Speaking of signs.....

Post by SlowDave »

Well as far as I know, at least the parking lot part is not valid as they are directly prohibited from preventing you keeping a firearm in your locked vehicle by the "parking lot law." I know there are a very few exceptions, but in general that is the case.

As for the rest, I feel your pain. :-\ :banghead:

TXlaw1

Post by TXlaw1 »

I am very sorry to read this. That's a real bummer. I'll bet you feel like you were punched in the gut and kicked in the shins. I hope common sense will reign soon in your management - or you'll find an even better company to work with. Good luck and hang in there for your basic Constitutional rights.
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

thetexan

Post by thetexan »

The parking lot part has no legal validity but they can fire you for violating company policy even though you would not be violating law. Unless your company is one of the ones listed that can restrict parking lots.

tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

thetexan wrote:The parking lot part has no legal validity but they can fire you for violating company policy even though you would not be violating law. Unless your company is one of the ones listed that can restrict parking lots.

tex
You can be fired for no reason.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

Beiruty wrote:
thetexan wrote:The parking lot part has no legal validity but they can fire you for violating company policy even though you would not be violating law. Unless your company is one of the ones listed that can restrict parking lots.

tex
Not for no reason, but for any reason. They can fire you for wearing an ugly sweater so long as you were wearing a sweater not a tshirt.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

TexasTornado wrote:
Beiruty wrote:

tex
Not for no reason, but for any reason. They can fire you for wearing an ugly sweater so long as you were wearing a sweater not a tshirt.
Texas code:
http://www.twc.state.tx.us/news/efte/pa ... neral.html
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

Beiruty wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:
Beiruty wrote:

tex
Texas code:
http://www.twc.state.tx.us/news/efte/pa ... neral.html
I'm just going off of what an attorney told me on the matter. Apparently you still have a viable case for wrongful termination if there's no reason or an inaccurate reason given.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

bear94

Post by bear94 »

I work in a hospital and they rolled out new 30.07 signs on all the entrances but they didn't update their 30.06 signs so now those are invalid. I still can't carry since it's against their policy.

jiannichan

Post by jiannichan »

It sucks. My employer posted 30.07 sign on Dec 31. Today they just posted 30.06.
-jchan

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”