Does Diabetes Disqualify You?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Does Diabetes Disqualify You?

Post by Lynyrd »

I have a friend who has been talking to me about getting his license. He wanted to know about the process and is thinking about applying. He has been a diabetic since childhood and has to wear an insulin pump on him at all times. I have tried to find a list of medical conditions that would disqualify someone, but all I can find is that your medical history is looked at by a medical review board. Does anyone know if being insulin dependent would pose a problem? Or, does anyone know someone who has their CHL wo is insulin dependent?
Do what you say you're gonna do.

tlt
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Does Diabetes Disqualify You?

Post by tlt »

No, not at all. The disqualifying conditions are psychological.

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

Lynyrd wrote:I have a friend who has been talking to me about getting his license. He wanted to know about the process and is thinking about applying. He has been a diabetic since childhood and has to wear an insulin pump on him at all times. I have tried to find a list of medical conditions that would disqualify someone, but all I can find is that your medical history is looked at by a medical review board. Does anyone know if being insulin dependent would pose a problem? Or, does anyone know someone who has their CHL
wo is insulin dependent?
I know some who are insulin dependent and have an LTC. It is in no way a bar to qualification.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Not a disqualifier.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

No, being crazy off your rocker does.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lynyrd »

cbunt1 wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:I have a friend who has been talking to me about getting his license. He wanted to know about the process and is thinking about applying. He has been a diabetic since childhood and has to wear an insulin pump on him at all times. I have tried to find a list of medical conditions that would disqualify someone, but all I can find is that your medical history is looked at by a medical review board. Does anyone know if being insulin dependent would pose a problem? Or, does anyone know someone who has their CHL
wo is insulin dependent?
I know some who are insulin dependent and have an LTC. It is in no way a bar to qualification.
:anamatedbanana Thank you. My friend doesn't want to spend $140 to get rejected. Many pre-employment physicals have rejected him because he is type 1. I just didn't know what to tell him. I will break the good news to him!
Do what you say you're gonna do.

randy634

Post by randy634 »

No. I am insulin dependet and use an insulin pump. I got my license in 1996.
“More important than your obligation to follow your conscience, or at least prior to it, is your obligation to form your conscience correctly.” – Justice Scalia

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”