Y'all watching this charade of quarter truths and lowest common thought on CNN

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dcfis
Posts in topic: 1

Y'all watching this charade of quarter truths and lowest common thought on CNN

Post by dcfis »

When Anderson Cooper is the most intellectually honest and hardest defender of the second amendment in a invite only propaganda infomercial your know you are in trouble

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Y'all watching this charade of quarter truths and lowest common thought on CNN

Post by RoyGBiv »

Not watching. I have to wash my hair.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

parabelum

Re: Y'all watching this charade of quarter truths and lowest common thought on CNN

Post by parabelum »

RoyGBiv wrote:Not watching. I have to wash my hair.
At least you have hair to wash "rlol"
I had to play operation with 5 year old. It was actually relaxing. Couldn't take his lying snout any longer. :banghead:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have to grease the Wheezer.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

A very long time ago in a far away land called Vietnam, I learned that it pays to study your enemy and know their tactics. Watching Obama when he's talking his proposed gun laws and EO's is no different, he is the enemy and I make it a point to watch and see his latest tactics first hand.

Last night's performance, coupled with his crying earlier in the week at his press conference, clearly shows a different strategy on his part. He has gotten nowhere being hard nosed, calculated, and obnoxious, so now he's trying the emotional appeal as he tries to get more of the whiney liberal crowd on his side.

It didn't work last night, he came across as being an arrogant smart ass. He became argumentative at times, and was like a fish out of water when being confronted directly by several about one simple fact.... his new EO's will not stop crime, and would have had no effect had they been in place before recent mass shootings.

Without a prepared speech, he's not a really good speaker. Repeating the same canned response over and over, stammering and stuttering were the highlights of his Town Hall forum last night.

TXlaw1

Post by TXlaw1 »

DaveT wrote:A very long time ago in a far away land called Vietnam, I learned that it pays to study your enemy and know their tactics. Watching Obama when he's talking his proposed gun laws and EO's is no different, he is the enemy and I make it a point to watch and see his latest tactics first hand.

Last night's performance, coupled with his crying earlier in the week at his press conference, clearly shows a different strategy on his part. He has gotten nowhere being hard nosed, calculated, and obnoxious, so now he's trying the emotional appeal as he tries to get more of the whiney liberal crowd on his side.

It didn't work last night, he came across as being an arrogant smart ass. He became argumentative at times, and was like a fish out of water when being confronted directly by several about one simple fact.... his new EO's will not stop crime, and would have had no effect had they been in place before recent mass shootings.

Without a prepared speech, he's not a really good speaker. Repeating the same canned response over and over, stammering and stuttering were the highlights of his Town Hall forum last night.
Thank you for enduring the punishment and watching the tactics for the rest of us. I enjoyed a peaceful supper with my bride without that noise on the TV. So I appreciate your summary report and knowing the revised tactics still don't work. :thumbs2:
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

I watched as well, and while it was the President's show, CNN did at least let folks from our side ask some questions. More "fair" than most things on CNN. I only wished they would have had a realtime chat going as well and would be willing to take questions from viewers at home.

jed

Post by jed »

DaveT wrote:A very long time ago in a far away land called Vietnam, I learned that it pays to study your enemy and know their tactics. Watching Obama when he's talking his proposed gun laws and EO's is no different, he is the enemy and I make it a point to watch and see his latest tactics first hand.

This is a very good summary. I managed to watch it all the way through and even watched the post game party. Went to bed with heartburn, but tried to blame it on the fajitas.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
I have to grease the Wheezer.
:hurry:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Welcome home, DaveT. :patriot:

"...support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; ..."

I still live by this oath. I had better things to do last night, so I set the DVR to record. This way I can watch in manageable bites. Yes, one must know what one is fighting for and fighting against.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”