AT&T Stadium for Non-Scholastic/Non-Professional Event

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 8

AT&T Stadium for Non-Scholastic/Non-Professional Event

Post by ScottDLS »

All right. Going to AT&T Stadium in Arlington today to watch a NON-SCHOOL cheerleading competition. They are posted 30.06/30.07 per Texas30.06 site. I'm going to CC anyway. If denied entry I will file a complaint with City of Arlington and the AG, since property owned by Arlington.

Wish me luck... :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 2

Re: AT&T Stadium for Non-Scholastic/Non-Professional Event

Post by cyphertext »

timtheteacher wrote:I wouldn't think they would wand you at a cheerleading competition. Let us know
They wanded us at the High School football playoffs... we being cheerleaders, band, AFJROTC cadets and chaperons.

Topic author
ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

cyphertext wrote:
timtheteacher wrote:I wouldn't think they would wand you at a cheerleading competition. Let us know
They wanded us at the High School football playoffs... we being cheerleaders, band, AFJROTC cadets and chaperons.
The high school event is off limits by statute, unlike this ACA event, but I'm concerned they might just default to wanding people. If they do, I'm going to return to the car, but I WILL file a complaint with the City.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

ScottDLS wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
The high school event is off limits by statute, unlike this ACA event, but I'm concerned they might just default to wanding people. If they do, I'm going to return to the car, but I WILL file a complaint with the City.
Yes, I know it was off limits by statute... but just letting you know, they wanded that event and that included everyone who entered, not just spectators who went in through the main doors.

They even questioned our AFJROTC Color Guard parade rifles.

kg5ie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by kg5ie »

I've read other places that the 30.06 signs a "Jerry" thing. Please post back how the complaint letter is answered.
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RoyGBiv »

Very interested in how this goes.
For the 13 hours premier we went through metal detectors then were wanded if the detectors beeped.

I wasn't in the mood to fight it.

Post up if you need bail money. I'm in. :mrgreen:

Thanks Scott.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Well they made me go back to the car... :mad5

Had my 10 yr old so I wasn't going to make a scene. First they thought I was a cop and we're going to make me go to LEO entry.

I asked the security supervisor for his card and told him I would complain to the AG and city.

If I really wanted to carry I might have gotten in with an ankle holster. I took a pic of the 3006/7 signs and got the card. I'll file complaint w Arlington City Manager Monday. Then we'll see what happens. Maybe Jerry will pay the fines for the city. 10000 a day is less than he gets on the parking concession. "rlol"

Topic author
ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

OK I faxed a complaint to the Arlington City Attorney. I will e-mail a CC to Guest Relations at AT&T Stadium, then on Feb 4 affidavit to the Texas AG, if the signs aren't down. They did us a favor posting the signs, since they could always deny that they wouldn't let me in... :rules:

So far no "ride".... :waiting:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

ScottDLS wrote:OK I faxed a complaint to the Arlington City Attorney. I will e-mail a CC to Guest Relations at AT&T Stadium, then on Feb 4 affidavit to the Texas AG, if the signs aren't down. They did us a favor posting the signs, since they could always deny that they wouldn't let me in... :rules: So far no "ride".... :waiting:
Well Scott, I thank you! :tiphat: I see the "Mother Ship", every time I leave the house. :lol:

And I haven't said so, but I agree with everything you say. Sometimes it's ok to carry there.....sometimes it's not. Entertainment venue, I say yes....sporting event, I say probably not.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RoyGBiv »

Thanks for the update Scott... Subscribing.

Hope to see your testimony next session in support of fixing this. Jerry World isn't the only place. (AAC comes to mind)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Solaris
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Solaris »

Thanks for doing this.

ATT Stadium is owned by Arlington, and the law is clear.

Solaris
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Solaris »

RoyGBiv wrote:Thanks for the update Scott... Subscribing.

Hope to see your testimony next session in support of fixing this. Jerry World isn't the only place. (AAC comes to mind)
I will be going to AAC for a concert (Bruce) in April, if signs are there I will take action.

AAC is owned by Dallas an operated by a private Company according to Wiki. I will verify property records when it is time.

jmra

Post by jmra »

If the law had been written that the person filing the complaint received a portion of the fines levied the signs would be coming down very quickly. :biggrinjester:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

good luck Scott, keep us updated.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”