Convenience stores posting signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 7

Convenience stores posting signs

Post by zimmerdesignz »

I live in Houston and looking at the number of convenience stores posting both 30.06 and 30.07 is crazy. It is even more crazy to look at their locations. The ones in the worst neighborhoods are the ones posting. Am I missing some strange logic here. :confused5
:tiphat:

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Convenience stores posting signs

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Seen many reports of this on the forum. some stores are getting both signs and put them up thinking they need to and may not know that they are banning all licensees and not just open carry. Some people have spoken to the owner or manager and have gotten the 30.06 down if thy intended to only ban open carry.
NRA Life Member

Topic author
zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

Its crazy to have a convience store in the worst part of town and put up both signs making a gun free zone great for robbery and advertising it.

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

:iagree:
NRA Life Member

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Leading an uninformed life has its risks...
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

allisji

Post by allisji »

zimmerdesignz wrote:Its crazy to have a convience store in the worst part of town and put up both signs making a gun free zone great for robbery and advertising it.
I'm seeing it too. A lot of small gas stations posting both signs. Not the corporate chains, but mostly the "Quicky Mart" type places. None of the places that I normally stop (I buy gas almost exclusively at Kroger).

These places just don't get it. They think that posting the signs is protecting them from armed robbery. The opposite is true.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

allisji wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:Its crazy to have a convience store in the worst part of town and put up both signs making a gun free zone great for robbery and advertising it.
I'm seeing it too. A lot of small gas stations posting both signs. Not the corporate chains, but mostly the "Quicky Mart" type places. None of the places that I normally stop (I buy gas almost exclusively at Kroger).

These places just don't get it. They think that posting the signs is protecting them from armed robbery. The opposite is true.

I guess if someone comes in and points a gun at them and demands money they can always point to the signs and he will leave. Don't want to do anything illegal!! "rlol"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

The new 06/07 signs are not limited to bad neighborhoods. My AO is a relatively affluent area. Both signs are flying up at gas stations. I have seen them at Chevron, Citgo, Exxon and Shell, to name a few. None of these locations were posted before. None of these were old 30.06 signs getting replaced with new 30.06 signs. There are numerous 30.07 only locations, which don't bother me.

I have seen two 30.06 signs come down. One was at a Philips gas station in Webster, the other at an Exxon in the Woodlands. I have not seen any 30.07 sign come down.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

It's just a continuation of ignorance that has no bounds.
Guns don't kill people, non-sensical signs prohibiting citizens from lawful carry, and thugs who could care less (many may not be even able to read them) about those moronic signs do.

Nuts

Post by Nuts »

I'm surprised more of this hasn't happened yet.

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=81609&hilit=Sugar

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Nuts wrote:I'm surprised more of this hasn't happened yet.

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=81609&hilit=Sugar

I'm sure it does, but unless you know they are posted the reporters aren't going to mention whether they have signs or not. That would spoil their whole "signs save lives" theory.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

zimmerdesignz wrote:I live in Houston and looking at the number of convenience stores posting both 30.06 and 30.07 is crazy. It is even more crazy to look at their locations. The ones in the worst neighborhoods are the ones posting. Am I missing some strange logic here. :confused5
There is no logic here. The crime rate where the convenience store is located has nothing to do with the decision to post 30.06 or 30.07 signs.

IMO, it is a matter of store owners not understanding the law and/or changes in the law.

To imply that posting in high crime neighborhoods is any different from posting in a low crime rate neighborhood is ludicrous.

I know that it's a popular mantra, but all of the comments about signs advertising "come rob me" are equally ludicrous.

I hope that people who post this are being facetious.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

WildBill wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:I live in Houston and looking at the number of convenience stores posting both 30.06 and 30.07 is crazy. It is even more crazy to look at their locations. The ones in the worst neighborhoods are the ones posting. Am I missing some strange logic here. :confused5
There is no logic here. The crime rate where the convenience store is located has nothing to do with the decision to post 30.06 or 30.07 signs.

IMO, it is a matter of store owners not understanding the law and/or changes in the law.

To imply that posting in high crime neighborhoods is any different from posting in a low crime rate neighborhood is ludicrous.

I know that it's a popular mantra, but all of the comments about signs advertising "come rob me" are equally ludicrous.

You don't think that a criminal would take into account if the sign is there or not? You don't think a store in a high crime neighborhood is more at risk of robbery?

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

zimmerdesignz wrote:
WildBill wrote:

You don't think that a criminal would take into account if the sign is there or not? You don't think a store in a high crime neighborhood is more at risk of robbery?
No and Yes.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

WildBill wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:
WildBill wrote:

No and Yes.
if you don't think a criminal would take it into consideration you are kidding yourself. It is a high crime neighborhood that says it has a higher chance to be robbed already

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”