San Antonio River Walk

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
MJR
Posts in topic: 1

San Antonio River Walk

Post by MJR »

Just in SA staying at the Marriott Plaza. I had ask about room safes and was told not all rooms had them (mine did not) but they had keyed safes at the lobby. They also told me when I arrived the River Walk did not allow guns. So I did used the safe (they were double keyed).
Anyone know the rule on the River Walk?

mojo84

Re: San Antonio River Walk

Post by mojo84 »

The river walk is just a city sidewalk along the river. I do not see how they can legally prohibit carry by LTC holders.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

When I went last year I saw a gunbuster sign or two scattered around. I CC'd right past em.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I haven't been there since last year, but the only postings I saw were 51% signs at some of the establishments along the river walk. I CC the whole time I was there.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Jketchum

Post by Jketchum »

Jusme wrote:I haven't been there since last year, but the only postings I saw were 51% signs at some of the establishments along the river walk. I CC the whole time I was there.
Same here

casp625

Post by casp625 »

Jketchum wrote:
Jusme wrote:I haven't been there since last year, but the only postings I saw were 51% signs at some of the establishments along the river walk. I CC the whole time I was there.
Same here
+1

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I went a month or two ago for dinner and never saw a single sign. Plus as mentioned earlier they can't ban a sidewalk lol.

viking1000

Post by viking1000 »

We stayed at the Omni on the river walk, they had no lock boxes in the rooms but a private area with lock boxes for pistols. Oh and they had no problems with taking your pistol to dinner in the hotel.The Omni went out of there way to make CHL holders welcome.We walked all over the river walk and saw no signs posted that you could not carry on the river.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Perhaps he believed that since the Riverwalk is a park that it was off limits for carry. SA does have an ordinance prohibiting firearms in City parks. Many people don't know it's a park and lots of people don't realize the prohibition doesn't apply to LTC. It's patrolled by the San Antonio Park Police. Google Maps shows the extent.

https://goo.gl/maps/m9b3MM2F6nu
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

justa2e2

Post by justa2e2 »

I carry every time I go downtown to the Riverwalk. I went a few weeks ago for a Convention and even open carried out on the Riverwalk with no issues. I also carried into the San Antoni Convention Center even though they had both 30.06 & 30.07 as the Convention Center is owned by the City of San Antonio.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

I would rather have a bazooka and about 2000 rounds for it if I was going on the river walk, bad place and yes I do know I used to live 5 minutes walk from there

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I also carry every time we go to the River Walk, no way I'd go without! Yes, there are places you can't carry into, there are some bars and such, but just stay out of those and you should be ok.

keep in mind I haven't been since Jan 1, I don't know if there is any new signage.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

casp625 wrote:
Jketchum wrote:
Same here
+1
+2

bigity

Post by bigity »

If you are staying at a hotel down there - many of them are posted 30.06 - and by now I assume 30.07.
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”