Visited a customer today with gun buster signs and interesting conversation

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lildave40
Posts in topic: 2

Visited a customer today with gun buster signs and interesting conversation

Post by lildave40 »

Today I went to visit a customer that is located what is called the gunspoint area. When I walked in i did what I do when I go in to any building. I scanned the front door and surrounding walls. No signs so I went in and signed in. While sitting there there was another person in there talking to the receptionist about guns. The receptionist was outraged that the company posted and is now company rule, That no guns are allowed on the premises. I jumped in and asked her if posted where are the signs I didn't see them. She points on the wall where there awards were. 2 small 30.06 and 30.07 signs. "note I was not cc due to going to Customs after that meeting" I kinda laughed and the guy next to me says I know right. She was confused and asked what was so funny. The guy then points out that the signs posted are not valid and she asked why. The guy went into a very detailed discussion on why the signs were not valid and were not enforceable. He did tell her though that her company rules may keep her from cc on there property but not a licensed holder. Just then the office manager comes around the corner like a charging bull. He was listening to the conversation and started ranting how just because anyone can open carry doesn't mean you can in here. The manager continued that he is protecting his employees from all the gun loving criminals out there. This is when it really went off to the deep end. The guy tells the Office manager that not just anyone can oc or cc. that he agreed on the 30.07 but not the 30.06 sign and he was very polite about it not aggressive at all. Thats when the office manager tells him " I know the law and anyone can have a gun on them" That criminals go every day to gun shows and buy guns all the time. Thats why it was very important to put the signs up because The signs will keep the criminals out. The guy "no I didn't get his name" Began to explain how he went through getting his chl/ltc how he had to waits months for it to come in. How he is learning the laws to benefit him. Then the office manager asked him if he had a gun on him? he quickly said no that in was in his truck locked up. The office manager goes ballistic screaming and shouting at the guy to get off this property. That it is because idiots like you that America is in the shape it is. He was so upset I thought he was going to punch the guy. anyways the guy puts his hands up and say no problem and leaves. The office manager turns to me and apologizes about the whole incident that he usually doesn't get that round up. How he cant stand idiots that think carrying a gun will protect them. After my meeting I was signing out and the receptionist asked me if I knew the guy that left I said no. She then says oh because it looked like you knew what he was talking about and I thought you 2 knew each other. I told her no I dont know him I am just one of the idiots your boss dont likes. She breaks out in a big laugh and says dont tell anyone but me too.

What a day

function12
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Visited a customer today with gun buster signs and interesting conversation

Post by function12 »

You can thank the media for all this. I went though a long discussion with my business partner about not posting a 30.07 sign. He is pro gun and a CHL holder and he wanted to post a 30.07 sign???? He too just did not understand the laws. I said, let just see how it goes. If you see someone with a OC gun in our building you can always personally ask them to leave or go lock it in their car. This would have the same result as the sign under the law. I told him you are getting your feathers all riled up about nothing. 40 plus other states already have a form of open carry. Plus posting this sign could keep some clients from doing business with us. Is that your goal? No answer. We have yet to have anyone OC in our building. I think his "fear" has since pasted.
Just insane how this is such a trigger issue with some people.
NRA Super Life Benefactor Member
PSC Member

chandler583

Post by chandler583 »

Oh my, sometimes logical points get you nowhere, at least you didn't somehow get sucked into the discussion with the office manager.

As they say: Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
10/17/12 Docs Mailed
11/29/12 Plastic in Hand

Topic author
lildave40
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lildave40 »

chandler583 wrote:Oh my, sometimes logical points get you nowhere, at least you didn't somehow get sucked into the discussion with the office manager.

As they say: Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
NAH I learned long ago not to get involved unless I have to.

safety1

Post by safety1 »

Liberal logic at its best.....good luck with keeping those criminals out with your signs.... "rlol"
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

That is a good story. Thanks for sharing it. :clapping:
Skip Bishop

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

It always amazes me that the "rainbows and unicorns" set inhabit the same earthly realm as the rest of us. It seems most of us innately understand that criminals are folks who are apt to disregard law, rules, etc... and their behavioral tendencies set them apart from the rest of mankind. The "rainbows and unicorns" set, though, are intent on promoting the notion that everyone is good inside if you just give them a chance even though there is more than ample evidence to the contrary, and this group tends to be completely adherent to their views to the point of intolerance toward differing views. From this (off-kilter) perspective, even criminals are certain to adhere to the rules or the law if we make them aware of it and we'll all be happier and safer. Different perspectives are often a good thing, particularly when folks are willing to listen and weigh the merits of different ideas. Sometimes, though, like when the different perspective is rooted in nothing more than "feelings", that perspective begins eating away like a cancer at a society based on universal principles and facts. Against this, our best hope of preserving the remaining best attributes of our society is to continue to bring debate in the public square back to facts and demonstrable truths.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Dave09

Post by Dave09 »

lildave40 wrote:Thats when the office manager tells him " I know the law and anyone can have a gun on them" That criminals go every day to gun shows and buy guns all the time. Thats why it was very important to put the signs up because The signs will keep the criminals out.
I gotta say i really cringed at this point. To actually think that a Criminal will follow the law and not go past the sign is just to funny.

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

lildave40 wrote:Today I went to visit a customer that is located what is called the gunspoint area. When I walked in i did what I do when I go in to any building. I scanned the front door and surrounding walls. No signs so I went in and signed in. While sitting there there was another person in there talking to the receptionist about guns. The receptionist was outraged that the company posted and is now company rule, That no guns are allowed on the premises. I jumped in and asked her if posted where are the signs I didn't see them. She points on the wall where there awards were. 2 small 30.06 and 30.07 signs. "note I was not cc due to going to Customs after that meeting" I kinda laughed and the guy next to me says I know right. She was confused and asked what was so funny. The guy then points out that the signs posted are not valid and she asked why. The guy went into a very detailed discussion on why the signs were not valid and were not enforceable. He did tell her though that her company rules may keep her from cc on there property but not a licensed holder. Just then the office manager comes around the corner like a charging bull. He was listening to the conversation and started ranting how just because anyone can open carry doesn't mean you can in here. The manager continued that he is protecting his employees from all the gun loving criminals out there. This is when it really went off to the deep end. The guy tells the Office manager that not just anyone can oc or cc. that he agreed on the 30.07 but not the 30.06 sign and he was very polite about it not aggressive at all. Thats when the office manager tells him " I know the law and anyone can have a gun on them" That criminals go every day to gun shows and buy guns all the time. Thats why it was very important to put the signs up because The signs will keep the criminals out. The guy "no I didn't get his name" Began to explain how he went through getting his chl/ltc how he had to waits months for it to come in. How he is learning the laws to benefit him. Then the office manager asked him if he had a gun on him? he quickly said no that in was in his truck locked up. The office manager goes ballistic screaming and shouting at the guy to get off this property. That it is because idiots like you that America is in the shape it is. He was so upset I thought he was going to punch the guy. anyways the guy puts his hands up and say no problem and leaves. The office manager turns to me and apologizes about the whole incident that he usually doesn't get that round up. How he cant stand idiots that think carrying a gun will protect them. After my meeting I was signing out and the receptionist asked me if I knew the guy that left I said no. She then says oh because it looked like you knew what he was talking about and I thought you 2 knew each other. I told her no I dont know him I am just one of the idiots your boss dont likes. She breaks out in a big laugh and says dont tell anyone but me too.

What a day

You'd be the idiot if you didn't CC at least in that area "Gunspoint" ,,know it very well. I used to work there myself & all of us employees would wait for each other to walk from work (building) at 9pm to parking lot which was directly across the street & one (night) time, right in front of us,, several of the employees car windows were shot out in a drive by. Very Dangerous Area.
That Manager is the not so bright guy. I think overcoming things in life is achievable but one thing you can't overcome is ignorance.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Hahaha! Great story! I am got that experienced in all The correct rhetoric yet. So I just told people that they can keep the criminals out simply by posting a note criminals allowed sign that I can sell them it comes in four-inch by four-inch and is less of an eyesore in that big sign or I can make it 6' x 6' with big large red letters saying no criminals allowed here! Since criminals follow rules this will definitely keep them away! Then I simply walk away. If they don't understand then they never will!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

koine2002 wrote:Clear example of low information emotional thinking. :banghead:
Sorry... There was no thinking involved...... :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Glockedandlocked

Post by Glockedandlocked »

Low information people and media zealots caused this, because the "criminals that buy guns all day" don't give a rat's behind what little sign you post, stupid people should quit stealing oxygen.

Whenever I go near Greenspoint or even anywhere inside Beltway 8 I carry not one but two guns and at least two reloads for each, but I hate Houston anyways so I try to avoid it like the plague, it's just the traffic nightmare on the way to Galveston.

Secretly I pray every year for a least a couple of Cat 5's straight up the Ship Channel to cleanse that city.

TomsTXCHL

Post by TomsTXCHL »

lildave40 wrote:..."criminals go every day to gun shows and buy guns all the time. Thats why it was very important to put the signs up because The signs will keep the criminals out"....

What a day
Indeed. I'm afraid I don't know myself how to communicate with people who are quite that stupid.

Might "sir, do you really think that sign on the wall over there is going to keep a criminal out" have caused any arcs/sparks in that guy's pea brain? I suppose not...

:banghead:

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

TomsTXCHL wrote:
lildave40 wrote:..."criminals go every day to gun shows and buy guns all the time. Thats why it was very important to put the signs up because The signs will keep the criminals out"....

What a day
Indeed. I'm afraid I don't know myself how to communicate with people who are quite that stupid.

Might "sir, do you really think that sign on the wall over there is going to keep a criminal out" have caused any arcs/sparks in that guy's pea brain? I suppose not...

:banghead:
no it would have just caused more idiotic ranting and possibly loss of a customer for the OP or his employer. As I have my own business I refuse to do business with people like that and yes its my loss, my wife gets mad at me for it but oh well.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”