Change of Address Versus Renewal Question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kadelic
Posts in topic: 2

Change of Address Versus Renewal Question

Post by Kadelic »

I'll be moving in June and my CHL expires in October. I just renewed my drivers license in October last year so I'll simply be putting in for an address change for that. I'll probably do the DL address change a week before I physically move. My question is, can I go ahead and apply for a renewal of my CHL at the same time I change the address on my DL? I know I'll have to use different websites, of course. I did already receive a letter from the DPS alerting me to the expiration of my CHL so I'm guessing it's ok to renew it early? I'd rather go ahead and renew it in June instead of paying for an address change in June and then having to renew in October. I hope this makes sense, thanks for any insight on this. :patriot: :txflag:
Honor Necessity

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Change of Address Versus Renewal Question

Post by Pawpaw »

You can renew your LTC up to six months before it expires. Changing your address at the same time sounds like a good idea. :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
Kadelic
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Change of Address Versus Renewal Question

Post by Kadelic »

Pawpaw wrote:You can renew your LTC up to six months before it expires. Changing your address at the same time sounds like a good idea. :tiphat:
Thanks Pawpaw, much appreciated!
Honor Necessity

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”