Eligibility for CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Eligibility for CHL

Post by bblhd672 »

hl26 wrote:So what's the verdict guys? 10 years from first offense, or 5 years from dwi? Really want to get this settled so I don't have to wonder.
If you're not sure then you may want to wait and see if the LTC fee reduction becomes effective. Will only cost you $40 to find out who's right.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Keith B
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Keith B »

bblhd672 wrote:
hl26 wrote:So what's the verdict guys? 10 years from first offense, or 5 years from dwi? Really want to get this settled so I don't have to wonder.
If you're not sure then you may want to wait and see if the LTC fee reduction becomes effective. Will only cost you $40 to find out who's right.
Plus the cost of the class. If rejected, then the CHL-100 will not be good for the future application in 3 years.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

infoman
Posts in topic: 6

Post by infoman »

You should not do anything until 6/24/2020. (based on your 1st post on here.) that would be your eligibility date. assuming no more new charges between now & then.

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

Keith B wrote:You better read the statute I posted. If DPS is not following this, then they are breaking the law by issuing the license.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse, unless they work in law enforcement.
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
III

pincushion1979

Post by pincushion1979 »

Sorry to rehash an old post. Question for anyone with an answer... I have 2 DWIs from back in 2001 and 2003. The second was tried as a first offense. I finished probation and paid all fines, etc. Would I still be eligible for LTC?

infoman
Posts in topic: 6

Post by infoman »

Yes.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”