Krogers signage question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Krogers signage question

Post by mojo84 »

Looks like Academy is a no go for some of you folks that take a hard line approach. They appear to be more anti-gun than HEB. <sarcasm>

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... d#p1109835

http://www.texas3006.com/view.php?id=10916
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Take Down Sicko »

mojo84 wrote:
Take Down Sicko wrote:The HEB near me has 30.06 and 30/07 signs. I sent them an email stating my disapproval and that i wouldnt be spending my money there. Never got a reply. That was a year ago.
I've been to a lot of HEB's and have never seen a 30.06 sign. At which one have you seen one?

This was at the HEB on Hwy 6 south @ Bellaire. Its been over a year since i saw it.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Take Down Sicko wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Take Down Sicko wrote:The HEB near me has 30.06 and 30/07 signs. I sent them an email stating my disapproval and that i wouldnt be spending my money there. Never got a reply. That was a year ago.
I've been to a lot of HEB's and have never seen a 30.06 sign. At which one have you seen one?

This was at the HEB on Hwy 6 south @ Bellaire. Its been over a year since i saw it.
https://www.texas3006.com/view.php?id=2817 shows it as 30.07 only as of 1-3-2016
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

thetexan

Post by thetexan »

Target has the same sign.

What the sign does signify is that the proprietor has so little regard for the law that they can not even take the time to find out what the proper signage is necessary to properly convey their message to the public. If one is lawfully carrying then that sign means nothing. If they are illegally carrying, then that sign means nothing.

tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 3

Post by twomillenium »

thetexan wrote:Target has the same sign.

What the sign does signify is that the proprietor has so little regard for the law that they can not even take the time to find out what the proper signage is necessary to properly convey their message to the public. If one is lawfully carrying then that sign means nothing. If they are illegally carrying, then that sign means nothing.

tex
Actually that sign is required by the TABC to be posted for all alcohol retailers that sell for off-premise consumption. That is according to the TABC website. So it has nothing to do with the regard of the proprietor at that location. :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

locke_n_load wrote:Just an FYI, Kroger is one of the biggest grocers that respect our rights.
They have not ever given in to mom's demand nonsense, and I have never seen a no-guns sign posted at their store, of any type, that wasn't required by law, nor asked for my LTC when carrying openly in any of their stores.

I shop there almost exclusively for groceries because of those reasons.
+1. :iagree:

Kroger has been very supportive of our 2A rights. I don't OC often however, few times I did in Kroger the staff were polite as always. Folks I know say the same.

Great place, definitely an upgrade from HEB, at least where I live.

thetexan

Post by thetexan »

twomillenium wrote:

tex
Actually that sign is required by the TABC to be posted for all alcohol retailers that sell for off-premise consumption. That is according to the TABC website. So it has nothing to do with the regard of the proprietor at that location. :tiphat:
I believe that sign is not correct, certainly not current. But maybe it can still be used. That is a good research project. I'll get back to you on that.

And maybe the owner posted it or maybe the TABC posted it. If the owner posted it AND it is out of date then the owner needs to do his homework. If it is completely out of the owner's hands....

then I'd agree with you.

tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

My local grocery store is a Foodarama. They seem a little confused about what signs they need. At the door they have a TABC blue sign (they don't serve alcohol on premises), a legit sized and worded 30.07, and a real big gunbuster style sign featuring a detailed picture of a Colt revolver. Since I don't carry a revolver I know that doesn't refer to me. http://texaschlforum.com/posting.php?mo ... =7&t=88734#

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

RSX11 wrote:My local grocery store is a Foodarama. They seem a little confused about what signs they need. At the door they have a TABC blue sign (they don't serve alcohol on premises), a legit sized and worded 30.07, and a real big gunbuster style sign featuring a detailed picture of a Colt revolver. Since I don't carry a revolver I know that doesn't refer to me. http://texaschlforum.com/posting.php?mo ... =7&t=88734#
HUH? Whether or not it has any gunbuster style sign on it or not, does not effect the validity of the sign. It is the wording and min. size and block lettering that you need to pay attention too.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

thetexan wrote:
twomillenium wrote:

tex
I believe that sign is not correct, certainly not current. But maybe it can still be used. That is a good research project. I'll get back to you on that.

And maybe the owner posted it or maybe the TABC posted it. If the owner posted it AND it is out of date then the owner needs to do his homework. If it is completely out of the owner's hands....

then I'd agree with you.

tex
I do not think there is an update requirement for TABC signs as stringent as the .06 or .07 signs (which are entirely posted or not posted at proprietors discretion).

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ScottDLS »

TABC was apparently providing that sign language after some open carry rifle demonstrations, and shortly after OC passed. The wording of the sign is factually incorrect, but perhaps it meets the TABC requirements for a BLUE sign. I've seen it a Target along with the regular TABC blue sign. It's essentially irrelevant as well as being incorrect in its statement of the law. I don't think it indicated anything other than the store manager got the sign or language from TABC and thought they were supposed to post it.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Keith B
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Keith B »

thetexan wrote:
twomillenium wrote:

tex

then I'd agree with you.

tex
TABC does not post signs. They require the business to post one of two signs. They have to post either BLUE 'Unlicensed possession' sign meaning they sell alcohol for off-premise consumption, OR they make less that 51% of their revenue from the sale for on-premise consumption, or a RED 51% sign meaning they make more than 51% from on-premise consumption sales. The BLUE sign does not prohibit an LTC from carrying, hence the wording 'Unlicensed possession'. The RED sign is off-limits for LTC's by law.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

HUH? Whether or not it has any gunbuster style sign on it or not, does not effect the validity of the sign. It is the wording and min. size and block lettering that you need to pay attention too.
Ah yes, I'm fully aware. I was pointing out their funny signage, and essaying a jape. Unfortunately the reply editor didn't properly display the smiley face in my post, but printed an url instead...

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I think some folks are getting this sign

with this sign

Or maybe I'm missing something.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”