Kansas Professor resigning - Campus Carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Kansas Professor resigning - Campus Carry

Post by chasfm11 »

Kansas is really the prefect storm for those who oppose gun rights. The law prohibiting campus carry will expire and Kansas is now a Constitutional Carry state. So students, with no license or training, will now be able to carry concealed in college and university class rooms.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... t-of-regr/
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

thetexan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kansas Professor resigning - Campus Carry

Post by thetexan »

Oh well. Times are tough all over.

tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Well... Bye.

UT seemed to survive the "mass exodus" of professors that said they were leaving, as well as the fact that "no one" would want to come to work there after Campus Carry passed. Just sayin'...
:roll:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Maybe we should feel sorry for these highly educated people that have never learned how to engage in logical thought.

Nah... nevermind.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Pawpaw wrote:Maybe we should feel sorry for these highly educated people that have never learned how to engage in logical thought.

Nah... nevermind.

Yeah, their problem is that, since they cannot engage in any type of debate without resorting to yelling, screaming, becoming offended, and reacting violently, they don't believe that those of us who carry firearms, are capable of doing that either. I would like to see more of these leftists, depart. It might encourage more teachers who see things differently to take their place, and return to what teaching is all about.

It's strange to me that she thinks giving someone back their Constitutional liberty, is "repressive, and regressive" :headscratch

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Ms. Ballard-Reisch told The Eagle that she and her adult son were held at gunpoint during a 2014 home invasion.
Yet, she still prefers law abiding citizens to be unarmed in the face of criminals. :banghead:

Just to clarify the post topic - she's retiring, not resigning. Big difference.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Yep, just like the UT professor that "resigned" over campus carry and later it came to light that he had accepted a job out of the country BEFORE the bill even passed.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

bblhd672 wrote:
Ms. Ballard-Reisch told The Eagle that she and her adult son were held at gunpoint during a 2014 home invasion.
Yet, she still prefers law abiding citizens to be unarmed in the face of criminals. :banghead:

Just to clarify the post topic - she's retiring, not resigning. Big difference.
A tenured professor at Wichita State University has chosen to retire in protest of the school’s new weapons policy allowing students to carry concealed guns on campus
While technically she is retiring, she is voluntarily leaving her post as a protest. Perhaps that is not the text book definition of resigning but it was the sentence on which I based the OP.

I retired from my job. I didn't have nor express a reason for my doing so as a protest against anything. Actually, I had to take care of my wife who had surgery the day following my retirement. As one of the other posters pointed out, her calling the environment repressive sounds a lot more like a resignation, at least to me.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

rotor

Post by rotor »

Perhaps we have hit on a way to get rid of tenured professors. Nothing else works.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

Oh good!

If a whole passel of em bailed out that'd be a good thing.

I've yet to understand how (supposedly) highly intelligent academics buy into leftist ideology being good for humanity when such ideology has repeatedly proven calamitous everywhere it's been imposed on the various populaces the world over stymies me.

Leftism is a garbage ideology, yet it persists.

Is it a brand of jejune, nay adolescent, ideals that some just can't seem to abandon irrespective of age?

Or is it a well designed malignancy that once metastasized into the body politic, allows the presumed nobility to easily control the presumed unlettered, unwashed to be be manipulated by their presumed betters? Unlettered/unwashed is you and me...

Things like gun and ammo ownership and other taken for granted freedoms (we don't need passports to travel inter-stately, if you will...) we will in the future be something tolerated to be capriciously granted with a lot of red tape, otherwise no go - is the ultimate goal of the presumed class-less, but nobility ridden ruling class.

communism is the enemy of free people and what THEY choose.

Fight it!

I do!

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Abraham wrote:Oh good!

If a whole passel of em bailed out that'd be a good thing.

I've yet to understand how (supposedly) highly intelligent academics buy into leftist ideology being good for humanity when such ideology has repeatedly proven calamitous everywhere it's been imposed on the various populaces the world over stymies me.

Leftism is a garbage ideology, yet it persists.

Is it a brand of jejune, nay adolescent, ideals that some just can't seem to abandon irrespective of age?

Or is it a well designed malignancy that once metastasized into the body politic, allows the presumed nobility to easily control the presumed unlettered, unwashed to be be manipulated by their presumed betters? Unlettered/unwashed is you and me...

Things like gun and ammo ownership and other taken for granted freedoms (we don't need passports to travel inter-stately, if you will...) we will in the future be something tolerated to be capriciously granted with a lot of red tape, otherwise no go - is the ultimate goal of the presumed class-less, but nobility ridden ruling class.

communism is the enemy of free people and what THEY choose.

Fight it!

I do!
I don't even think this was a true protest, I think she realized, that the only way to get attention (after all, she is a communications professor) was to make a political statement to try to be remembered. She is resigning/retiring from Wichita State, not even one of the major colleges, in Kansas. This would be tantamount to to a professor at Tarleton State doing the same thing here. If this was such a hotly debated issue, where are all of the departures from Kansas State, and Kansas University?
Who would have remembered her, if she just resigned/retired otherwise? The fact that she was a crime victim, and she still thinks people should not be able to defend themselves, just makes her sound even more pathetic. JMHO

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

Maybe she was a (Stockh. syndrome type) but, i've always considered that syndrome another kind of cowardice.

I was subjected to this type training, and yes, I was military, so maybe it's unfair to think citizens to be able to uphold this kind of resistance, but I know of partisans with no training who did, tough people who just didn't give in...

Subjects my loved ones or me to this typw tortrue, I will not only not roll over.. you'll harden my resolve...

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

I am all for campus carry, but also think that some training is a good thing.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

John Galt wrote:I am all for campus carry, but also think that some training is a good thing.
I don't think ANYONE has disputed that training is good. Where some disagree is whether the government should be allowed to mandate it or not.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Interesting. Sounds like academic freedom in Kansas is something a certain faction would like to regulate.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”