CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
therealchosen23
Posts in topic: 2

Non Immigrant CHL

Post by therealchosen23 »

Hi,
Foreign student here living in Texas. Called DPS and ATF and confirmed that I can legally get a CHL if I have a hunting license. My question about the hunting license is would I Have to do the Hunters education as well for it to be Valid ? The license itself doesn't expire until 8/31/17.

Thanks

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Non Immigrant CHL

Post by ScottDLS »

therealchosen23 wrote:Hi,
Foreign student here living in Texas. Called DPS and ATF and confirmed that I can legally get a CHL if I have a hunting license. My question about the hunting license is would I Have to do the Hunters education as well for it to be Valid ? The license itself doesn't expire until 8/31/17.

Thanks
No, unless you need the course to renew the hunting license. It's unlikely you'll get a LTC by 8/31/17.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
therealchosen23
Posts in topic: 2

Post by therealchosen23 »

Thanks Scott for the fast reply . One last question would I be able to purchase or carry a gun in my vehicle now that I possess a hunting license?

Thanks

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

therealchosen23 wrote:Thanks Scott for the fast reply . One last question would I be able to purchase or carry a gun in my vehicle now that I possess a hunting license?

Thanks
Read for yourself, you may need to show this to the FFL you buy from:
https://www.atf.gov/qa-category/nonimmigrant-aliens

infoman

Post by infoman »

You need to submit all the following: 1. Texas Hunting License, 2. I-94 form, 3. U.S. Visa, & 4. A copy of your country's passport.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”