Lewisville Western Days 51% signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Lewisville Western Days 51% signs

Post by GeekwithaGun » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:37 pm

We have friends playing music on the big stage Saturday at 5:15, hopefully the 51% signs will not be there. Will utilize remote parking at Kohls this year
NRA Life Member

mloamiller
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mloamiller » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:24 pm

I know this is now moot, but an interesting comment/question about the original Q and A:
Q: What items are prohibited from being brought into the festival area?
A: No outside alcoholic beverages, bicycles, skateboards, personal transport vehicles or weapons are allowed. Pursuant to TABC regulation, as a permitted venue at which more than 51 percent of food and beverage sales is derived from alcoholic beverages, a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (Concealed Handgun Law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.
That appears to be a misrepresentation of what the TABC code actually says. According to the TABC website:
FELONY NOTICE – 51% - Required if you do not also hold a Food and Beverage Certificate issued by this agency and if over 51% of the gross receipts at the licensed premises are derived from alcoholic beverages.
If the 51% signs are being posted at the entrance to the entire festival, wouldn't that imply that more than 51% of all sales for everything at that festival - food, beverages, souvenirs, concert tickets, amusements, etc. - is made off of alcohol? I sincerely doubt that to be the case, although I have not been to one.

Not to mention that it is no longer called "the Concealed Handgun Law."
LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
IDPA SO

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:59 pm

LabRat wrote:Q: What items are prohibited from being brought into the festival area?
A: No outside alcoholic beverages, bicycles, skateboards, personal transport vehicles or illegal weapons are allowed.
Bring your machete!

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:56 pm

The law is black and white that CHL 51% restriction only applies to buildings.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GeekwithaGun » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:40 pm

no 51% at entry, no wanding, only a blue tabc sign.
NRA Life Member

LabRat
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LabRat » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:46 pm

GeekwithaGun wrote:no 51% at entry, no wanding, only a blue tabc sign.
+1
never saw a 51% sign, no wanding
Walked around, looked and shopped.
Not a lot of policia there either or at least not overtly visible in the places we strolled through.

Had a pretty good time. Nice outside walking around.
The wife and I both carried concealed. No issues.

LabRat
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you....but it's still on my list.
In filling out an application, where it says, "In case of Emergency notify...", I answered "a doctor"
This is not legal advice.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:29 am

Did anyone to to go to Western Days? Our granddaughter was supposed to dance with a group there again but her parents had to manage some new cows this weekend in the Hill Country and she went with them. I was on my way to the MCL to watch her dance when I had my little "discussion" with the paid security about getting wanded a couple of years back.

I haven't heard anything from this year's even other than one of the groups being loud enough to wake the dead on Friday night. I live miles from the venue and it sounded like someone was throwing a loud party at the house next door to me until nearly 10:30pm.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero

Keith B

Post by Keith B » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:26 am

chasfm11 wrote:Did anyone to to go to Western Days? Our granddaughter was supposed to dance with a group there again but her parents had to manage some new cows this weekend in the Hill Country and she went with them. I was on my way to the MCL to watch her dance when I had my little "discussion" with the paid security about getting wanded a couple of years back.

I haven't heard anything from this year's even other than one of the groups being loud enough to wake the dead on Friday night. I live miles from the venue and it sounded like someone was throwing a loud party at the house next door to me until nearly 10:30pm.
See the two posts above yours.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”