NRH2O water park carry policy?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AJSully421
Posts in topic: 3

NRH2O water park carry policy?

Post by AJSully421 »

Hey folks, taking a church group to NRH2O next week and want to know about any signs that might be there. I know they don't qualify as an amusement park, and I checked TX3006.com, and there is nothing listed.

I have not been there since 2001. Anyone been lately?

I plan to conceal my beater G26. Not looking to scare the sheep with an OC rig, and I certainly don't want to contact park security to ask, we all know how that will go.

I also checked the website FAQ and is says no alcohol, no glass and no sharp knives, but nothing about firearms, and Google showed me nothing either.

Thanks.
Last edited by AJSully421 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRH2O water park carry policy?

Post by Keith B »

(1) “Amusement park” means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times.  The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.
NRH20 does not qualify as an amusement park due to two factors:

1. Not open 120 days a year (just over 100 per their calendar)
2. Not 75 acres (only 17 acres)

Now, I am guessing you are NOT going to try to conceal in your Speedo, so you must not be planning on swimming. ;-)

Also, not listed on http://www.texas3006.com, so will say probably would be able to carry.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Yeah, I know that they do not qualify as an amusement park (and even if they did, they would have to post for it to matter).

I plan on carrying a G26 in a AHolster Company kydex pocket holster in a pair of NF outdoor type shorts with a polyester t-shirt. It will bulge a little when wet, but could just as easily be an insulin pump or something in my pocket. I have found that most people don't think "GUN!" and the short grip of a G26 does not lend itself to looking like a gun.

This ain't my first rodeo concealing in a water environment.

Based on the fact that their website does not even have a generic "For the safety of all of our guests, no firearms allowed..." statement, I am highly doubtful that the place has a big 30.06 sign on the front gates. If it does, I'll update TX3006.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

rtschl
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rtschl »

I thought that NRH20 is owned by the city. If so then they cannot post it.
Ron
NRA Member

Topic author
AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

rtschl wrote:I thought that NRH20 is owned by the city. If so then they cannot post it.
Wow, you are right! The City owns the place, so they cannot post. Lovely. Thanks!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”