147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 15

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

Post by Pawpaw »

Anti-Gunners Plan To Protest NRA Convention, President Trump In Dallas
It seems leftists in the Dallas area don’t want either the National Rifle Association or President Trump in town this week. Big shock, right? I mean, it’s not like the anti-gun left doesn’t vehemently hate both with a burning passion.

Well, unsurprisingly, there are plans in place to protest both.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ninjabread »

RoyGBiv wrote:We need a TXCHLForum.com morale patch!!! ;-)

:evil2:
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

ELB
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ELB »

Well, I’m here, where’s everybody else?
USAF 1982-2005

Hot Dawg

Post by Hot Dawg »

On my way

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Noon at the NRA booth!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 5

Post by PriestTheRunner »

I made it out today!

Great show! Got to see a ton of cool products and things in person that you normally don't get the chance to handle before buying online.

A close up of some of the cooler stuffs.

Also got 'on the board' for the mantis-X system. 92.2/100. :)

And met John Correia of the YouTube Channel "active Self Protection". Good stuff.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Wife and I got out there on Saturday. Took DART train, station was less than 5 minute drive from our hotel in Lewisville. Got off in parking garage at KBH convention center. Arrived about 9:30 and stayed until after 4. Agree with PriestTheRunner, Great show. Highlight for me was meeting and talking with Alice Trip from TSRA and Gila Hayes from Armed Citizen Legal Defense Fund.

Event was well planned and wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

When we got home and watched local news, reporter stated "thousands of anti-gun protestors demonstrate at NRA Convention." Then they show a shot of maybe a hundred. Only protestors we saw were six at the West End train station carrying signs. Wife's comment was that they looked like a bunch of bored, overweight, overage hippies that never got over demonstrating in the early 1970s.

I just wish I had more tme to spend, woul really have liked to take in some of the seminars, but just seeing the exhibit hall took ALL day.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Pawpaw »

My grandson (19) and I had a great time yesterday. We cruised the entire exhibit floor, taking in as much as possible. Mostly he was following me, but then we would hit a booth or an area that really tripped his trigger. Then I dutifully followed him as much as possible, paying close attention to anything he wanted to tell me. I think he showed me and explained about half the guns at the AirForce Airguns booth. :mrgreen:

I saw several familiar famous faces, but they were busy with something else, so I didn't get to meet them. I did have the honor of shaking John Lott's hand. I was disappointed that there was no one else at his booth.

My grandson swears that next year he's going to fly both of us to the convention next year. How's that for an endorsement? :mrgreen:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 19

Post by cyphertext »

We had a great time there too yesterday. Next time we go to one of these, I will use the app to pick out vendors I want to see and plan it out. Just winging it and walking the floor, we found we were walking from one end to the other and back again trying to hit booths that we wanted to see but were running out of time!

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bblhd672 »

All day Friday and Saturday, still didn’t see everything. Too tired to go back today. Awesome event. Had to wonder what the exhibit hall would have looked like if there were no AR platform.
Sampled Black Rifle Coffee, it was excellent just black and I never drink coffee without cream and sugar. Definitely going to order some.
Saw lots of people I’d only seen in online videos. Had a 10 minute conversation with Julie Goleb in the S&W booth. Talked to Alice Tripp in TSRA booth. Hauled home enough catalogs and swag to keep me occupied for a few days.

Rode TRE train from Ft Worth both days, met and talked to several good folks. Interesting conversation with an 84 year young Korean War veteran. He was using a cane due to having surgery on his foot to remove a plate put in when he had a motorcycle accident at age 74. He gave up on 2 wheels and rides a trike now, he just laughed when I said “you’re still riding?” We got off the train at Union Station and he took off walking to the convention center, beat my neighbor and I there!

The Members Meeting on Saturday was fantastic. Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox’s speeches were moving and motivating, I am proud to be a NRA member.

The 150th Annual Meeting May 13-18, 2021 will be in Houston!

Protesters seen both days were a total of 7. If there were hundreds (or thousands as some suspected fake news organizations claimed) the Dallas PD and other law enforcement kept them from being a distraction or news worthy.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I saw Dan Bongino the radio host and former Secret Service agent signing autographs. Also, he's running for Congress in Florida. He ran once in MD, but I think it's too blue. Saw retired Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clark signing books. He is a TALL dude! :lol:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

John Galt
Posts in topic: 4

Post by John Galt »

Did any of you guys or gals get to meet Hickok 45? I didn't see him when I was there on Friday.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Flightmare »

I got Hickok45 and John to autograph the 2nd Amendment in a pocket Constitution I brought.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

strogg
Posts in topic: 8

Post by strogg »

Yup, I saw him. I also caught sootch00 and snapped a pic with him.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”