CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned
Posts in topic: 26

Re: I want to keep my guns.

Post by TheFriscoKid »

Dangerously mentally ill. A threat to themselves or others.

Not depressed, not just the blues, not even anti-social or emo or religious extremist of any flavor... but dangerously mentally ill. A threat to themselves or others.

jason812
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jason812 »

BBYC wrote:
TheFriscoKid wrote:Jason, no wife or children ? No other passions or hobbies ? Travel? Anything ?

Really - honestly willing to have a shoot out where the certain result is your death?
Excellent questions and ones every EFAD or wanna-be should ask themselves.
What is "EFAD"?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LucasMcCain »

TheFriscoKid wrote:Lucas - the problem is none of these are 'outliers' anymore. It's not just one more school shooting, it's all of it. The suicides, the mass shootings, the schools, the malls the c&w festivals.... all of them. It's the tide.
I always wonder what the dumbest thing I'll read on the internet will be each day. Congrats, you win today.

There are millions of gun owners in this country. There are hundreds of millions of guns. When the odds of being involved in a shooting of any kind are fractions of a percent, they are outliers. The tide? What are you smoking? Violence and murder have been steadily decreasing, despite the massive increase in media exposure given to the EXTREME OUTLIERS. Despite (or possibly because of) the massive increase in the number of guns, and people carrying guns in this country, fewer people are using them to commit crimes.

I will give up nothing. I will not compromise. You will have to pry my guns out of my cold, dead hands, you gun grabbing liberal pretending to be one of us. Go back to reddit, where you belong.

Quit feeding the troll, guys.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 6

Post by oljames3 »

LucasMcCain wrote:
TheFriscoKid wrote:Lucas - the problem is none of these are 'outliers' anymore. It's not just one more school shooting, it's all of it. The suicides, the mass shootings, the schools, the malls the c&w festivals.... all of them. It's the tide.
I always wonder what the dumbest thing I'll read on the internet will be each day. Congrats, you win today.

There are millions of gun owners in this country. There are hundreds of millions of guns. When the odds of being involved in a shooting of any kind are fractions of a percent, they are outliers. The tide? What are you smoking? Violence and murder have been steadily decreasing, despite the massive increase in media exposure given to the EXTREME OUTLIERS. Despite (or possibly because of) the massive increase in the number of guns, and people carrying guns in this country, fewer people are using them to commit crimes.

I will give up nothing. I will not compromise. You will have to pry my guns out of my cold, dead hands, you gun grabbing liberal pretending to be one of us. Go back to reddit, where you belong.

:iagree: Agreed. Wilco out.
(IBTL)
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

fickman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by fickman »

Re-institutionalize the mentally ill. Stop letting them free and trusting them to take their pill every morning. Also, quit giving them pills that often have worse (or at least unpredictable) side effects and calling them "healed" or "managed".

Have magistrates in each municipal / county jurisdiction provide oversight of mental facilities so that diagnoses can be adjudicated quickly - with due process in an efficient and affordable manner without compromising the patients' rights. Allow for both shorterm and long-term rulings, appeals, second opinions, and opportunities for expungement. Use this data for firearms background checks, but don't make it available for employment, financial, or other checks.

These measures would have prevented many of the mass shootings in the last two decades.
Native Texian

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Media hyperfocusing on these "mass" shootings is why so many think crime is so much worse today than prior years.

Unfortunately, they give little to no press and airtime to the many times "mass" shootings are thwarted or stopped by good guys with guns. If these incidents got more airtime and press, the opinions would even out some and many of the ignorant that think banning guns or a particular type of gun would realize that is not the answer.

From John Lott.
https://crimeresearch.org/2016/09/uber- ... -shooting/

For those that think bans work, how well have these bans and laws worked?

Prohibition
Laws against murder
Laws against assault
Laws against underaged drinking
Laws against drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, meth etc.
Bans against guns in certain places or venues
Bans against guns in Chicago and D.C.
Laws against fraud
Bans against political corruption (Clinton's pay for play)
Laws against insider trading
Laws against prostitution
Laws against making homemade bombs
Laws against flying full passenger planes into buildings
Laws against illegal aliens entering the country
and the list can go on and on and on...

Until we address the lack of value of human life, broken homes, serious mental illness, the doping kids because of behavior and pure evil that exists, we will make no headway regardless what laws or bans are put in place. There are already laws on the books. More laws will not help. Bans will not help. Look how well guns bans have worked in Mexico. Only the cartels, criminals and cops/military (many have been bought and paid for by the cartels through bribes and threats) have guns.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned

Post by TheFriscoKid »

You will have to pry my guns out of my cold, dead hands, you gun grabbing liberal pretending to be one of us.
Your entire post qualifies you as incomprehensibly deranged but when you can come to the conclusion that I'm a 'gun grabbing liberal' ----well, that only exemplifies the depth of your inability to exhibit any critical thinking at all.

You think gun grabbers come into a forum like this trying to get a better understanding of the armor-piercing laws in Texas first and then decide to go subversive ? :banghead:

Good luck wrapping your brain around that kind of logic. "rlol" "rlol"

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 14

Post by bblhd672 »

LucasMcCain wrote:[
:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned

Post by TheFriscoKid »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Again and again people keep taking the discussion to the extreme and inflaming passions when this is just a simple clear case of the far majority of people fed up with school shootings, mall shootings, concert shootings, spurned lover shootings, post office shootings, business shootings and they want people that are mentally dangerous to not have access to guns.

No one wants to take yer guns, yer AK and AR, yer Glicks, yer Glocks - not even my awesome FiveSeven.

They want (90% of Republicans and 79% of NRA members) to prevent the mentally ill from purchasing guns.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

TheFriscoKid wrote::banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Again and again people keep taking the discussion to the extreme and inflaming passions when this is just a simple clear case of the far majority of people fed up with school shootings, mall shootings, concert shootings, spurned lover shootings, post office shootings, business shootings and they want people that are mentally dangerous to not have access to guns.

No one wants to take yer guns, yer AK and AR, yer Glicks, yer Glocks - not even my awesome FiveSeven.

They want (90% of Republicans and 79% of NRA members) to prevent the mentally ill from purchasing guns.

The anti's ultimate goal is to eliminate guns from citizen's possession. Whether you want to believe that fact or not is your decision. You are allowed to have your own opinion, not your own facts.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

1911 Raptor wrote:i Think we have an anti in our midst.
The best trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't exist. The first thing most antis do is try to convince you they are just one of you. They make a new account, ask a couple questions, then they get started trying to convince you that nobody wants to take your guns. They say they own guns and are just looking out for your interests by trying to convince you to give up some of your rights. All the while using their emotional arguments and trying to convince you that "something" has to be done, and it will be done without your consent if you don't make some "compromises." Then anybody that calls them out on it gets insulted and called deranged. These types of trolls are more annoying and dangerous than the overt ones, because they try to maintain plausible deniability. I'm sure we're all familiar with another such troll that's been on these boards for much longer that employs these same tactics.

Again, let's all stop feeding the troll. He can insult me some more; my ego is not fragile; we just don't need to keep feeding his.

Anybody have one of these Ruger Blackhawk convertibles? Man, I just found out these exist. I would love to have a single action I could feed 9mm instead of 45LC. It would also fill the .357 hole in my collection. Let's talk revolvers.

Let's go Brandon.

gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gtolbert09 »

Anybody have one of these Ruger Blackhawk convertibles? Man, I just found out these exist. I would love to have a single action I could feed 9mm instead of 45LC. It would also fill the .357 hole in my collection. Let's talk revolvers.
I have one of those. Sweet little pistol.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

gtolbert09 wrote:
I have one of those. Sweet little pistol.
Nice! I love single action revolvers. My .45 is my favorite gun, but at about $40 a box, it's got an expensive appetite. I would love to have one I could feed 9mm. .357 mag can be pretty fun to shoot as well. I think it's more expensive, though, right?

Let's go Brandon.

Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned

Post by TheFriscoKid »

1911 Raptor wrote:i Think we have an anti in our midst.
Would a photo of my guns clear the air ? A recent target ?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”