Age old debate: LTC Badges

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

Smokey613
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:57 pm
Location: Angelina County
Contact:

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#61

Post by Smokey613 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:22 am

Grundy1133 wrote:
Ruark wrote:or maybe a code word...
approach someone and say
"The condor flies at noon"
they look at you and reply
"unless the lion roars in the morning"
and then they both proceed to initiate the secret handshake. :smilelol5:
IMG_0251.JPG
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3429
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#62

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Here's what I tell my kids when they ask similar questions.

When facing a decision about whether to do something, look first at the positive benefits that could result from your action. If there are none, then stop there........

The rest of this advice is not relevant to the OP's question.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#63

Post by Flightmare » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Here's what I tell my kids when they ask similar questions.

When facing a decision about whether to do something, look first at the positive benefits that could result from your action. If there are none, then stop there........

The rest of this advice is not relevant to the OP's question.
That's very similar to what I advise friends when they are pondering a change; "What is it you're hoping to gain by this change?"
Deplorable lunatic since 2016


montgomery
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 am
Location: Montgomery, Texas

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#64

Post by montgomery » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:44 pm

Printing while carrying is all the badge y'all need.

"rlol"

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 913
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#65

Post by Grundy1133 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:23 pm

montgomery wrote:Printing while carrying is all the badge y'all need.

"rlol"
i dont exactly "print" per se, but you can tell something is under my shirt. could be a cellphone holder, could be a multi-tool sheathe, could be a knife... noooobodaaaay knoooows.
Image
NRA Member


montgomery
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 am
Location: Montgomery, Texas

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#66

Post by montgomery » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:53 am

Grundy1133 wrote:
montgomery wrote:Printing while carrying is all the badge y'all need.

"rlol"
i dont exactly "print" per se, but you can tell something is under my shirt. could be a cellphone holder, could be a multi-tool sheathe, could be a knife... noooobodaaaay knoooows.
I was riffing on the folks that just start carrying that are obsessed with worrying about printing.

Thanks for playing along!

:txflag:

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1538
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#67

Post by oljames3 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:18 am

montgomery wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
montgomery wrote:Printing while carrying is all the badge y'all need.

"rlol"
i dont exactly "print" per se, but you can tell something is under my shirt. could be a cellphone holder, could be a multi-tool sheathe, could be a knife... noooobodaaaay knoooows.
I was riffing on the folks that just start carrying that are obsessed with worrying about printing.

Thanks for playing along!

:txflag:
I carry a S&W M&P M2.0, 9mm, 5inch in a Safariland ALS (retention) OWB holster. Sometimes (HEB) I pull out one side of my shirttail to drape over the pistol. I would not call the result "printing". It is more like full cursive calligraphy in a bold font. :biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1


montgomery
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 am
Location: Montgomery, Texas

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#68

Post by montgomery » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:31 am

oljames3 wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
montgomery wrote:Printing while carrying is all the badge y'all need.

"rlol"
i dont exactly "print" per se, but you can tell something is under my shirt. could be a cellphone holder, could be a multi-tool sheathe, could be a knife... noooobodaaaay knoooows.
I was riffing on the folks that just start carrying that are obsessed with worrying about printing.

Thanks for playing along!

:txflag:
I carry a S&W M&P M2.0, 9mm, 5inch in a Safariland ALS (retention) OWB holster. Sometimes (HEB) I pull out one side of my shirttail to drape over the pistol. I would not call the result "printing". It is more like full cursive calligraphy in a bold font. :biggrinjester:
:cheers2:

User avatar

sbrawley
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:32 pm
Location: Lubbock

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#69

Post by sbrawley » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:20 pm

Grundy1133 wrote:
LDB415 wrote:Apologies to those who get easily ruffled but I didn't read all 50 posts. The older I get the shorter the attention span. So, Why would one want this badge? What is the point of it? What is it supposed to do other than draw even more attention when the goal is to draw zero attention? I don't get it. Is there something there to get and I just haven't seen it yet?
i think people just want a shiny badge. :lol:
Then they should get a job in a field that hands them out...problem solved, for them anyway. The rest of us should probably stay out of the way
You've never met America, and you ought to pray you never do -Charlie Daniels
2015 NRA Lifetime Member

User avatar

sbrawley
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:32 pm
Location: Lubbock

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#70

Post by sbrawley » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:24 pm

Grundy1133 wrote:
Ruark wrote:or maybe a code word...
approach someone and say
"The condor flies at noon"
they look at you and reply
"unless the lion roars in the morning"
and then they both proceed to initiate the secret handshake. :smilelol5:
Wait a minute. I thought that was the code word for forum members to use for identification of other members while in public. Boy was I wrong. :biggrinjester:
You've never met America, and you ought to pray you never do -Charlie Daniels
2015 NRA Lifetime Member


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3429
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#71

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:38 pm

sbrawley wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
Ruark wrote:or maybe a code word...
approach someone and say
"The condor flies at noon"
they look at you and reply
"unless the lion roars in the morning"
and then they both proceed to initiate the secret handshake. :smilelol5:
Wait a minute. I thought that was the code word for forum members to use for identification of other members while in public. Boy was I wrong. :biggrinjester:
There is a poker discussion forum where members had a similar discussion. Apparently the idea was if you saw another decent player at the table it would be good to have a way to identify whether they read that forum. I was never quite sure why that would be a good idea, but anyway, they decided on something like "the brown trout lies in the closet", or some such. It is kind of a running joke there. But if you happen to find yourself at a poker table and someone mentions a brown trout in a closet, that's what they are talking about. They might also say "sup, bro" (another running joke).

For purposes of identifying our forum members, I just go with "hey do you ever check out TexasLTCforum.com? It's a great site full of useful information." That seems to work pretty well.
Ding dong, the witch is dead


OlBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:36 am

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#72

Post by OlBill » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:21 pm

I'll not be wearing a badge of any kind.


Ed4032
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:24 am
Location: DFW

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#73

Post by Ed4032 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:15 pm

OlBill wrote:I'll not be wearing a badge of any kind.
Then perhaps the sash is more comfortable.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

User avatar

deplorable
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:06 am

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#74

Post by deplorable » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:03 pm

OlBill wrote:I'll not be wearing a badge of any kind.
Does that mean we won't see you at the annual meeting?

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 913
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

#75

Post by Grundy1133 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:56 pm

oljames3 wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
montgomery wrote:Printing while carrying is all the badge y'all need.

"rlol"
i dont exactly "print" per se, but you can tell something is under my shirt. could be a cellphone holder, could be a multi-tool sheathe, could be a knife... noooobodaaaay knoooows.
I was riffing on the folks that just start carrying that are obsessed with worrying about printing.

Thanks for playing along!

:txflag:
I carry a S&W M&P M2.0, 9mm, 5inch in a Safariland ALS (retention) OWB holster. Sometimes (HEB) I pull out one side of my shirttail to drape over the pistol. I would not call the result "printing". It is more like full cursive calligraphy in a bold font. :biggrinjester:
haha i carry the M&P M1 .40 4.25" and I dont worry about it too much. how's the M2 compared to the M1 btw? I hear good things about the M2 but i Don't wanna go replacing my M1 just yet.
Image
NRA Member

Post Reply

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”