Age old debate: LTC Badges

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

BBYC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Age old debate: LTC Badges

Post by BBYC »

Grundy1133 wrote:I don't see the appeal of wanting a badge that says you're a LTC holder...
:iagree:

It's almost as bad as The Punisher logos and such. Some of them even have a Punisher skull or Spartan helmet t-shirt or sticker on their truck. I dont want to draw attention to myself in case there's a BG scoping out the place looking for threats to take out first. (which is why when a BG starts shooting, usually people with guns (like LEOs) usually end up getting shot at first) but i digress.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Grundy1133 »

BBYC wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:I don't see the appeal of wanting a badge that says you're a LTC holder...
:iagree:

It's almost as bad as The Punisher logos and such. Some of them even have a Punisher skull or Spartan helmet t-shirt or sticker on their truck. I dont want to draw attention to myself in case there's a BG scoping out the place looking for threats to take out first. (which is why when a BG starts shooting, usually people with guns (like LEOs) usually end up getting shot at first) but i digress.
yeah.... the same goes for people who put punisher symbols and hitman symbols on their mag baseplates and slides.... if you ever HAVE to use your gun and the cops see a punisher symbol or a hitman symbol its probably not gonna look good... lol. personally i have texas as my slide cover and mag base plates...
NRA Member

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Same reason ya don’t wear yer high school letter jacket yer freshman year in college.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

apostate

Post by apostate »

Texas_Blaze wrote:Same reason ya don’t wear yer high school letter jacket yer freshman year in college.
Or a wedding ring in Las Vegas.

:leaving

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TreyHouston »

apostate wrote:
Texas_Blaze wrote:Same reason ya don’t wear yer high school letter jacket yer freshman year in college.
Or a wedding ring in Las Vegas.

:leaving

:eek6 ;-) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumbs2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Apologies to those who get easily ruffled but I didn't read all 50 posts. The older I get the shorter the attention span. So, Why would one want this badge? What is the point of it? What is it supposed to do other than draw even more attention when the goal is to draw zero attention? I don't get it. Is there something there to get and I just haven't seen it yet?
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

LDB415 wrote:Apologies to those who get easily ruffled but I didn't read all 50 posts. The older I get the shorter the attention span. So, Why would one want this badge? What is the point of it? What is it supposed to do other than draw even more attention when the goal is to draw zero attention? I don't get it. Is there something there to get and I just haven't seen it yet?
i think people just want a shiny badge. :lol:
NRA Member

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

LDB415 wrote:Apologies to those who get easily ruffled but I didn't read all 50 posts. The older I get the shorter the attention span. So, Why would one want this badge? What is the point of it? What is it supposed to do other than draw even more attention when the goal is to draw zero attention? I don't get it. Is there something there to get and I just haven't seen it yet?
The original idea, as they try to sell in the video, isn't that it's something you'd display normally but if you are involved in an incident you'd hold it up as the police arrive.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

When you earn it, wear it. I did.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Ok. That makes at least some sense. I hadn't thought of that use for it.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Some of us don't want to be holding up ANYTHING metallic and shiny when the police arrive. :shock:

I would kinda like a shiny metal diagonal sash like the kind Worf has on ST:NG, suitably engraved. 'LTC' at top of the shoulder. For the diagonal, perhaps something like "Remember Goliad", or "(Heavily Armed) Redneck at Large". "rlol" :biggrinjester:

I'd have to think about the matching Tiara. Wouldn't want to overdo it, that would be gauche.... :nono:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Pawpaw wrote:Image
HAHA omg thats great!
NRA Member

Texanaggie

Post by Texanaggie »

Grundy1133 wrote:I don't see the appeal of wanting a badge that says you're a LTC holder... It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist imo. If you OC and have the cops called on you just wait until the cops come and hand them your license... and then afterward decide if you wanna press charges against the people who held you there for unlawful detainment... personally I'd rather carry concealed anyway. I dont wanna traw attention to myself in case theres a BG scoping out the place looking for threats to take out first. (which is why when a BG starts shooting, usually people with guns (like LEOs) usually end up getting shot at first) but i digress. whether you OC or CC it's your call. personally tho I'll stick with concealed.

AGREED !!!!

Wearing a badge looks like your being a wannabe, tacticool

E10

Post by E10 »

The late Molly Ivins once suggested we wear beanies with propellers. Liberal as can be, but she was funny sometimes.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”