Entering a “gun free zone” to stop or intervene during an active crime

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Entering a “gun free zone” to stop or intervene during an active crime

Post by mojo84 »

PriestTheRunner wrote:
flowrie wrote:Just watched the video of the officer in Florida standing outside the school, listened to his radio traffic.
The words I want to use can’t be posted.
Got a link for that?
See the link I just posted.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Oldgringo wrote:I have a LTC to protect me and mine. If in the course of protecting me and mine I can assist you and yours, I will. As someone said above, a LTC is not a LEO.
Do I take it from your statement that you feel only a LEO has a duty to protect innocent people? I haven't worn a badge in many years, but I still have a Christian duty and a moral duty not to stand by and do nothing.

I realize that others disagree and that's their decision to make. They make great New Yorkers and I pray my family is never in need in front of such people.
Chas.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Oldgringo »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:I have a LTC to protect me and mine. If in the course of protecting me and mine I can assist you and yours, I will. As someone said above, a LTC is not a LEO.
Do I take it from your statement that you feel only a LEO has a duty to protect innocent people? I haven't worn a badge in many years, but I still have a Christian duty and a moral duty not to stand by and do nothing.

I realize that others disagree and that's their decision to make. They make great New Yorkers and I pray my family is never in need in front of such people.
Chas.
We attend the Methodist Church services nearly every Sunday. Best wishes for you and your family.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Leviticus (19:16): “Do not stand idly by while your neighbor’s blood is shed.”
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Leviticus (19:16): “Do not stand idly by while your neighbor’s blood is shed.”
Jump right in there, Bro. Smote them sodomites and Philistines, etc.
Last edited by Oldgringo on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Oldgringo wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Leviticus (19:16): “Do not stand idly by while your neighbor’s blood is shed.”
Jump right in there, Bro. Smote them sodomites and killers.
So I guess this means you are out for two man team training. I wanted to smite the 3rd year resident who ordered my enema last Saturday while I was in the hospital, but he mysteriously failed to ever show his face again.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
So I guess this means you are out for two man team training. I wanted to smite the 3rd year resident who ordered my enema last Saturday while I was in the hospital, but he mysteriously failed to ever show his face again.
Smote the enamaites while you're at it. They're everywhere, they're everywhere....we're doomed? :eek6

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Oldgringo wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Smote the enamaites while you're at it. They're everywhere, they're everywhere....we're doomed? :eek6
May the name of the enemaites be ever erased from history. And let us say amen.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mojo84 »

Oldgringo wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
We attend the Methodist Church services nearly every Sunday. Best wishes for you and your family.
Church attendance has little to nothing to do with one's heart and moral conviction. Hopefully, you have never needed or will need the assistance of others in the future as I'm sure you have and will decline to receive any.

May the strongest survive and let the weak perish. That's the American and Chrsitian way.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Txtension
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Txtension »

May the strongest survive and let the weak perish. That's the American and Chrsitian way.
These two sentences seem to contradict each other, can you expound? As a nation of laws, I thought rule of law was to protect the weak.

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 1

Post by locke_n_load »

Would have to find a jury in Texas that would prosecute you. If I'm on the jury, I will bring up jury nullification to my fellow jurors.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Grundy1133 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
If an innocent bystander is killed when I had the means to stop their death but did nothing, I'm not sure if be able to live with myself. (Especially if it's a kid)
NRA Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

Oldgringo wrote:
That explains a lot. You attend a church that supports the progressive agenda.
http://www.umc.org/what-we-believe/gun-violence
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Like I said, I think I'd do what I realistically could to help. Will I go around looking for windmills to joust or damsels in distress to rescue? In a word, no.
Last edited by Oldgringo on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

bblhd672 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
That explains a lot. You attend a church that supports the progressive agenda.
http://www.umc.org/what-we-believe/gun-violence
I know the official position of the UMC. Even so, I and a few others CC in every attendance. Which church/denomination espouses guns, pray tell?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”