Event outside of a bar

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 6

Event outside of a bar

Post by Grundy1133 »

Ok, so I want to attend this event that's being hosted by a bar. The event itself says its gonna be outside the bar... this is the info:

Denton Mudbug Boil
Nonprofit Organization · Denton, Texas
Behind Lucky Lou's at 1207 W Hickory, Denton TX 76201.

I assume since the outdoor patio is "connected" to the bar I won't be able to carry on the patio?
NRA Member

SigM4
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Event outside of a bar

Post by SigM4 »

If it were to be held in a common parking lot (think strip shopping center) I think you could make the argument that it was not “part of” the bar. However, if the patio is part of the bar’s area, it would says it’s off limits.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Also assuming if the "bar" is 51%
Im not being sarcastic, but some "bars" are not 51%... Bar Louie, Baybrook Mall for example is not. (Bar Louie in other locations are)
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

tool4daman

Post by tool4daman »

Lucky Lou’s is a 51% establishment according to the TABC app.
Best advice I was ever given- Don't mess with the dog while he's eatin'.

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 2

Post by warnmar10 »

Grundy1133 wrote:...
Behind Lucky Lou's at 1207 W Hickory, Denton TX 76201.

Behind Lucky Lou's is a large parking lot common to several businesses on that corner.

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

i sent the venue a message asking if the event would be in the parking lot or if it'd be considered part of the bar itself.
NRA Member

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

“Premises” means a building or a portion of a building
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Keith B »

BBYC wrote:“Premises” means a building or a portion of a building
Not by TABC terms. The 'licensed premises' is defined as the area where they can serve alcohol for on-premise consumption. It may normally not include the parking lot, but they also may get a temporary license to cover sale and consumption in the parking lot and then it would be off-limits. Best bet on these, if it's a bar and beside the business in their private parking area, and they are predominately selling alcohol, then it will be 99% a no-go.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Keith B wrote:
Not by TABC terms. The 'licensed premises' is defined as the area where they can serve alcohol for on-premise consumption. It may normally not include the parking lot, but they also may get a temporary license to cover sale and consumption in the parking lot and then it would be off-limits. Best bet on these, if it's a bar and beside the business in their private parking area, and they are predominately selling alcohol, then it will be 99% a no-go.
alright, thanks. But I can still have my gun in my vehicle tho right?
NRA Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Grundy1133 wrote:
Keith B wrote:
alright, thanks. But I can still have my gun in my vehicle tho right?
Yes
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Let me add and ask: If you are stopped and found to be over the limit, (DWI) with your hand gun found in the vehicle - might your LTC be lost?

Keith?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Abraham wrote:Let me add and ask: If you are stopped and found to be over the limit, (DWI) with your hand gun found in the vehicle - might your LTC be lost?

Keith?
Yes, intoxicated with a gun will cost you a ton of money and your license. Hopefully they are smart enough to not drink to that level and try to drive, much less be in the vehicle with a gun.
Keith

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Keith B wrote:
Abraham wrote:Let me add and ask: If you are stopped and found to be over the limit, (DWI) with your hand gun found in the vehicle - might your LTC be lost?

Keith?
Yes, intoxicated with a gun will cost you a ton of money and your license. Hopefully they are smart enough to not drink to that level and try to drive, much less be in the vehicle with a gun.
in my case, im not interested in the booze im goin for the crawdad boil! lol.
NRA Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Keith B,

Thanks, that was fast.

The absolute limit of what's defined as DWI is the consumption of so little alcohol (imo) as it makes sense to me to limit oneself to drinking 'nothing alcoholic' if one is going to drive, never mind driving with a gun in the vehicle.

Sure, if you're big as 'Andre The Giant' you can probably get away with drinking two 12 oz. beers and not be considered over the limit.

If you're an average size guy (or smaller), even that amount could get one busted for DWI.

Or, leave gun at home, get a sober designated driver (or taxi) and drink yourself to happiness...

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Grundy1133 wrote:
Keith B wrote:

Keith?
in my case, im not interested in the booze im goin for the crawdad boil! lol.
:thumbs2:
Keith

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”