What Grinds My Gears

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
kayt00
Posts in topic: 3

What Grinds My Gears

Post by kayt00 »

I guess in reality it's my own fault but what Grinds my gears is this. I ride a motorcycle almost year round and is my primary vehicle, the issue comes at work where although there are no 30.06/30.07 signs posted there are gun buster signs and a no gun policy is defined in the employee handbook so notice has been given for when in the building. I hate that I strap on my IWB holster when getting ready for work and have to leave my pistol at home since I don't have secure storage on my bike out in the parking lot.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

montgomery
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What Grinds My Gears

Post by montgomery »

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice, but it seems to me that if nothing in the employee handbook, and no 30.06, you are good to go to discreetly carry your firearm inside the premises. Why not explain the situation to your manager? Perhaps they can give you the peace of mind to carry with written permission.

Topic author
kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

It is stated in the employee handbook, and I've asked about it in the past. Company is waaaay too big to attempt to push the issue.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
Bring back BitterClinger

rotor

Post by rotor »

I believe they make a lock box for a motorcycle. How secure it is though??? Since the employee handbook has a no firearm policy if you carry and are caught you will probably be terminated. Unless the employee handbook has the exact terminology of 30.06/07 you are not technically trespassing while carrying. If they have given you verbal warning though and you carry you are trespassing. So, your choice is to leave it home, lock it in your motorcycle, carry at work (assuming 30.06/07) not in handbook and you have not been verbally warned, or find another job. Not a lot of good choices but perhaps the motorcycle lock box is a viable choice. Certainly better than the glove box in my car or truck which has no lock at all. As per usual, IANAL.

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

What model bike do you have? When I got back into riding (in 2007), I bought a 2007 Suzuki Bandit. Needed it to be a 'practical' bike for more than just joyriding, so I swallowed hard and installed an aftermarket mount & a 46L Givi topbox. Not a sexy look, but hugely useful.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Topic author
kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

RHenriksen wrote:What model bike do you have? When I got back into riding (in 2007), I bought a 2007 Suzuki Bandit. Needed it to be a 'practical' bike for more than just joyriding, so I swallowed hard and installed an aftermarket mount & a 46L Givi topbox. Not a sexy look, but hugely useful.
LOL I have an 07 GSF 1250...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
Bring back BitterClinger

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”