Yelp* reviews for businesses that post 30.06 and/or 30.07

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
F14Scott
Posts in topic: 2

Yelp* reviews for businesses that post 30.06 and/or 30.07

Post by F14Scott »

I just started doing this https://www.yelp.com/biz/blanquitas-mex ... e=(direct).

My logic is that it's only fair that a business which posts 30.06 and/or 30.07 be publicly acknowledged and avoided. Maybe if enough customers publicly declare they won't patronize a business, the business will address the issue.

:txflag:

gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Yelp* reviews for businesses that post 30.06 and/or 30.07

Post by gtolbert09 »

Why not download the 30.06 app and use it to avoid those businesses like the rest of us?
https://www.texas3006.com/
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
F14Scott

Post by F14Scott »

The business will likely never see the 30.06 app. It will see its reviews' average go down and see a big photo of its sign on display, not hidden subtly inside the door.

The point of the public review is not to duplicate the great 30.06 app, it is to let the business know it is losing customers and give it a chance to fix its misguided attempt at "security."

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Perhaps, F14Scott wasn't aware of https://www.texas3006.com/ and that's perfectly fine.

I too didn't know of it's existence for a long time.

Now, we all split into factions regarding signage.

I'm one to only occasionally OC, so if a business doesn't want me to I'm cool with that if they aren't also a 30.06 business.

If, they are, and I have a choice, nope, they don't get my bidness, unless (the usual caveat) it's a hospital and yes, I want my meager life to be saved.

Actually, though, maybe because I live in the country, I can't recall the last 30.06 business I've come across. Country folk understand that being armed is a recognition one has to rely on oneself...

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

F14Scott wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:41 pm I just started doing this https://www.yelp.com/biz/blanquitas-mex ... e=(direct).

My logic is that it's only fair that a business which posts 30.06 and/or 30.07 be publicly acknowledged and avoided. Maybe if enough customers publicly declare they won't patronize a business, the business will address the issue.

:txflag:
Since their .06 and .07 signs are on the wall inside the restaurant, I probably wouldn't have seen them until I was walking out the door after finishing my food. These are not correctly posted signs, IMHO.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

F14Scott wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:53 pm The business will likely never see the 30.06 app. It will see its reviews' average go down and see a big photo of its sign on display, not hidden subtly inside the door.

The point of the public review is not to duplicate the great 30.06 app, it is to let the business know it is losing customers and give it a chance to fix its misguided attempt at "security."
Hurrumph!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Yelp reviews and ratings are useless as it is. Too many reviewers are posting because of customer biases, employee support. Personal revenge or friends and family of the owners. Yelp used to be a somewhat interesting tool. It's pretty useless these days
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Just make sure that whatever you post is factually correct. A woman is being sued for $1m after leaving a bad review.

http://www.wafb.com/story/38305415/woma ... elp-review

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Russell wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:06 pm Sometimes leaving bad reviews about a business because of their signage can get an insane response from the owner :lol: http://www.houstonpress.com/restaurants ... ce-8805526
Seems there are plenty of reasons to avoid this place. I wish them all the luck of the Titantic.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

jordanmills
Banned

Post by jordanmills »

I do too. I wish more people would.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

No attention, that is what I pay to Yelp.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Yelp has a small business we own at the wrong address, and there is no correcting it. I even tried to locate their registered agent, which should be easy for any corporation, but I couldn't. Or I could, but they wouldn't admit I'd knocked on the right door.

Yelp, Inc. was there in the California business records, but a letter to their registered agent got a reply they were not familiar with the Yelp web site.

I have no use for Yelp. Yet another social media site with bias.

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Yelp has self destructed. I don't know anyone who trusts it. Maybe Google reviews would have a wider audience. But the main point is letting the owners know that they are losing business for no reason at all. But... any effort is worthwhile and appreciated.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:15 pm Just make sure that whatever you post is factually correct. A woman is being sued for $1m after leaving a bad review.

http://www.wafb.com/story/38305415/woma ... elp-review
On one hand, that's scary. On the other hand, I doubt we're reading the full story.

A review is usually simply your impression of the business. I think if you stick to the facts and convey whether or not you were happy or unhappy based on these facts, I don't see a strong liklihood for being sued.

(I leave reviews. Usually, they are nice reviews, but I have no problem calling a spade a spade either.)
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”