Re: Allen Event Center posted 06 & 07

Post by Grundy1133 »

mloamiller wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:47 pm
chamberc wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:29 pm
roadkill wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:28 pm
chamberc wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:47 am
mloamiller wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:54 am
chamberc wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:58 am
Dreamer42 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:52 pm Sorry this is a few days late and couple dollars short, but a friend and I went to the gun show at the Allen Event Center two weekends ago and upon entering saw two 06 & 07 signs as we paid. The Texas3006.com web site also says the signs are invalid. Who do we need to contact to get them to obey the law? It burns me up. If a place is legally posted, okay. That's the law. But it irritates me to no end when municipalities blatantly disregard the law.
The Texas AG has said, that when a public building is leased to a private firm, the firm can legally post. It hasn't been tried in court (good luck on becoming the first case), but that's the AG's written opinion.
I think the same AG opinion also states that while the private firm can post the signs (or at least they can't be penalized if they do), the signs are not enforceable since it's city-owned property.
Maybe not criminally enforceable, but it will be hard to get past a metal detector...
Maybe but what grounds could they use to exclude you?
Discovery of a firearm. Once they find it, they can deny you entry.
If the venue is owned by the city, I don't believe they can legally deny you entry simply because you are carrying; that's how I interpret the AG's ruling that the signs are not enforceable. That doesn't mean they won't try to, of course, at which point you would have a decision to make about how to respond.
same thing with cowboys stadium. owned by the city but the security wont let you in with a gun. #Loopholes
NRA Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”