Hallsville parent arrested after bringing gun to junior high campus

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Hallsville parent arrested after bringing gun to junior high campus

Post by Grundy1133 »

orangetx wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:30 pm Sad to hear she didn't respect the plain laid out for everyone to know law.
With that being said, next week is the 1st day of school. I will have to drop my little girl off, most likely go in side.
I know with God as my witness NOT to bring it in the school, but would I be allowed to leave it in the car or is schools treated like the Post Office. No firearms at all in parking lot?
Any advice is welcome. I am still a newbie being only 2 months with a LTC.
LEGALLY you can carry it in the parking lot or outside the buildings as long as theres no school sponsered event going on but to be safe i'd just leave it the car... my GF works at a school an dI go to see her a lot and I just leave it in my car because #PeopleAreIgnorantOfTheLaw

EDIT:IANAL
NRA Member

orangetx

Post by orangetx »

Jusme wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:51 pm
orangetx wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:30 pm Sad to hear she didn't respect the plain laid out for everyone to know law.
With that being said, next week is the 1st day of school. I will have to drop my little girl off, most likely go in side.
I know with God as my witness NOT to bring it in the school, but would I be allowed to leave it in the car or is schools treated like the Post Office. No firearms at all in parking lot?
Any advice is welcome. I am still a newbie being only 2 months with a LTC.
You can leave it locked in you vehicle in the parking lot. but be sure that the parking lot, is not being used as a school activity i.e. band practice etc.
Got you. Thanks for that info.
Who’s interrupting my Kung Fu?!

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

Rob72 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:13 am
...arrested Tuesday after officials said she carried a gun on campus....after she showed another adult Tuesday that she had a gun hidden in her clothing while on the junior high campus,...
Gun: It isn't a toy, it's a lethal weapon. Licensure: It isn't a novelty, it's a responsibility. Ill-informed law is no excuse for bad personal judgement.
I agree that one should not carry where it's against the law. We should work to change the law, but I might modify the phrases:

Arms: They aren't toys, they are tools. Licensure: It isn't a privilege or a responsibility, it's an infringement. I'll informed law isn't an excuse for the government to act unconstitutionally. :rules:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

ScottDLS wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:20 am
Rob72 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:13 am
...arrested Tuesday after officials said she carried a gun on campus....after she showed another adult Tuesday that she had a gun hidden in her clothing while on the junior high campus,...
Gun: It isn't a toy, it's a lethal weapon. Licensure: It isn't a novelty, it's a responsibility. Ill-informed law is no excuse for bad personal judgement.
I agree that one should not carry where it's against the law. We should work to change the law, but I might modify the phrases:

Arms: They aren't toys, they are tools. Licensure: It isn't a privilege or a responsibility, it's an infringement. I'll informed law isn't an excuse for the government to act unconstitutionally. :rules:
:iagree:
NRA Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”