Renewal time frame?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
DaveT
Posts in topic: 3

Renewal time frame?

Post by DaveT »

Just curious about the current time frame for a license renewal?

This will be my third renewal, did not need a new photo or fingerprints, all those items are already checked off on the DPS site.

Current status is reviewing background check, been hung up there for several weeks now. Nothing has changed with my background, so no concern..... maybe this time frame is just routine?

Anyone else done a renewal lately and care to comment?

Thanks in advance.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Renewal time frame?

Post by Jusme »

I did mine in August. 11 days total from submission to plastic in hand. Not sure why it's taking more than a couple of weeks. You may want to call and see if there is an issue. I had my new card before it showed mailed. But only by a couple of days.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I did mine in August as well. I think it was 14 days or so to my door. However, times have been varying a lot from what I've been seeing and hearing. Some went 30+ days but not sure of ant circumstances.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Thanks for your replies, RPBrown and Jusme.

After 3 weeks of seeing 'background check pending', this morning the DPS site says 'print pending'.

The department must be extra busy these days, I thank them for all their hard work on behalf of those of us in Texas who choose to carry to protect ourselves and our loved ones.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I did mine in early September, and I recall it taking about 3 weeks - which was a week longer than my last renewal. Received my first plastic in 2008, and this was my 2nd renewal.
DaveT wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 am Thanks for your replies, RPBrown and Jusme.

After 3 weeks of seeing 'background check pending', this morning the DPS site says 'print pending'.

The department must be extra busy these days, I thank them for all their hard work on behalf of those of us in Texas who choose to carry to protect ourselves and our loved ones.
Remember that after Print Pending comes “Mailed” .... which means nothing more than “Yeah, it’s been printed and sent to the mail room, we’ll mail it when we get around to it, but don’t hold your breath just yet”.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

austex58 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:22 pm Renewed October 25 and had my new plastic on November 9th.
I guess there's no rhyme or reason with the time frame involved in a renewal.
Like you, I renewed on October 25, and 10 days after you received yours, I'm still waiting in 'Print Pending'.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”