Relocating From CA--->Texas Soon

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Relocating From CA--->Texas Soon

Post by RHenriksen »

ghostrider wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:08 pm I was hoping this was an exchange program: as soon as you arrive we get to ship Acevedo back. :-)
This!!
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Topic author
On_Code
Posts in topic: 8

Post by On_Code »

Oakland…not Berkeley. I plan on moving downtown Dallas with my gf. I can transfer with my employer so it’s good to go.

Soldev

Post by Soldev »

I moved from Los Angeles to Houston back in the summer of 2017. When you finally settle here be sure to pick up some standard capacity magazines for your pistols. 11+ rounds. When I did my LTC pistol qualifications (a month after I moved here in 2017) people were questioning me why I had such LOW CAPACITY magazines (2 ten round glock mags) Now I carry a 15+1 and two 15 round mags (46 Rounds Total) in my Glock 19.

People come from all around the world come to the USA for freedom, but people from all over the USA come to Texas for TRUE FREEDOM.
Texas Forever :txflag:
Texas License To Carry Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Benefactor Life Member

ident

Post by ident »

strogg wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:34 pm I would personally just start your LTC process once you get a Texas ID. Even the paper one will suffice.
From my personal experience, you can't sign in to the LTC site for the first time without your DL/ID audit number. DPS won't disclose this to you and it's not on the paper DL/ID, so you will have to wait for the actual card to come in the mail.

Topic author
On_Code

Post by On_Code »

I was able to sign in with my CA ID. I’ve moved to Texas and just came back to CA to get the rest of my stuff in order. I submitted my paperwork, fingerprints and passport photos. Surrendered my ca is and now have the temporary Texas paper ID. When my Texas ID card arrives I’ll call and see what I need to do to change my resident status.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

On_Code wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:28 pm I was able to sign in with my CA ID. I’ve moved to Texas and just came back to CA to get the rest of my stuff in order. I submitted my paperwork, fingerprints and passport photos. Surrendered my ca is and now have the temporary Texas paper ID. When my Texas ID card arrives I’ll call and see what I need to do to change my resident status.
Don't waste any time getting the plates on your car changed over. You want as few people as possible to know you jumped the fence and came in from Kalifornia.

Topic author
On_Code

Post by On_Code »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:41 pm
On_Code wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:28 pm I was able to sign in with my CA ID. I’ve moved to Texas and just came back to CA to get the rest of my stuff in order. I submitted my paperwork, fingerprints and passport photos. Surrendered my ca is and now have the temporary Texas paper ID. When my Texas ID card arrives I’ll call and see what I need to do to change my resident status.
Don't waste any time getting the plates on your car changed over. You want as few people as possible to know you jumped the fence and came in from Kalifornia.
I’m only in CA for a month. I’ll be getting my DL in Texas. Didn’t need it because bus and train took me to work and home and were close. But now that I’m a Texas resident I’ll definitely get mine so I can get around

03Lightningrocks

On_Code wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:45 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:41 pm
I’m only in CA for a month. I’ll be getting my DL in Texas. Didn’t need it because bus and train took me to work and home and were close. But now that I’m a Texas resident I’ll definitely get mine so I can get around
I was trying to keep you safe. People from Kalifornia are only safe in Austin/Roundrock. :mrgreen:

Topic author
On_Code

Post by On_Code »

Well I definitely appreciate it. I didn’t bring none of that liberal, anti-gun, always offended bull either. That’s actually why I left, as well as to marry my Texan fiancée

03Lightningrocks

On_Code wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:53 pm Well I definitely appreciate it. I didn’t bring none of that liberal, anti-gun, always offended bull either. That’s actually why I left, as well as to marry my Texan fiancée
I have a brother that moved to Kali for a job about 12 years ago. He came back to Texas after about a year and a half. He says he was afraid he might kill someone if he stayed there. He hated the place. Somewhere around San Francisco I think. Well welcome to the freedom state. We are hoping to succeed soon.

Topic author
On_Code

Post by On_Code »

:txflag: :patriot: :tiphat:

strogg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by strogg »

I'm glad you made it to the United States alive On_Code. Congrats on the move. :txflag:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Texas.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Willkommen in Texas!

:txflag:

Oktoberfest next month!

https://www.funtober.com/oktoberfest/texas/

:party:

Topic author
On_Code

Post by On_Code »

I can’t wait to go to the State Fair for the very first time. Able to carry, eat some really good food and see the newest trucks.
:txflag: :anamatedbanana

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”