Confused on arrest record

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jkcreedmoor
Posts in topic: 2

Confused on arrest record

Post by Jkcreedmoor »

1. I have a simple assault charge/ticket that I got at like 12 years old. No arrest. Thinking it should be a class c misdemeanor, also have a drug paraphernalia at like 16yrs old with no arrest just ticket only. Thinking class c also, but don’t have any idea of the dates, or how to obtain them. Do I need to put these down on my application? Both charges were differed adjudication.

2. I know I have two reckless driving arrests. One in 06 and one in 07. I looked and up did a search on the dps website and only one comes up. The 2007 one. No info at all on the 2006 arrest. It’s dissapeared totally. So do I need to put both down? And if so I can’t provide paperwork for the first one.

3. Also in my ltc class the instructor told me I don’t have to put anything down if it hasn’t happened in the past 5 years. Any truth to that?

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Confused on arrest record

Post by RPBrown »

I am not sure about the juvenile charges but if you were arrested, I would put them down. You should be able to get a final disposition from the clerk.
Same goes for the reckless driving charges.
No, your instructor was not right (or maybe you misunderstood him). You have to list every ARREST and the final disposition
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

Jkcreedmoor wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:58 pm 1. I have a simple assault charge/ticket that I got at like 12 years old. No arrest. Thinking it should be a class c misdemeanor, also have a drug paraphernalia at like 16yrs old with no arrest just ticket only. Thinking class c also, but don’t have any idea of the dates, or how to obtain them. Do I need to put these down on my application? Both charges were differed adjudication.

2. I know I have two reckless driving arrests. One in 06 and one in 07. I looked and up did a search on the dps website and only one comes up. The 2007 one. No info at all on the 2006 arrest. It’s dissapeared totally. So do I need to put both down? And if so I can’t provide paperwork for the first one.

3. Also in my ltc class the instructor told me I don’t have to put anything down if it hasn’t happened in the past 5 years. Any truth to that?
1) You need to list it, and contact the court or police office that handled it for details

2) You have to list all arrests.

3) Absolutely wrong.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Topic author
Jkcreedmoor

Post by Jkcreedmoor »

I wasn’t arrested on the juvenile cases. Those are the ones I’m more concerned about.

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

Jkcreedmoor wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:23 am I wasn’t arrested on the juvenile cases. Those are the ones I’m more concerned about.
When in doubt, list them.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”