LTC Renewal Time

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 7642
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: LTC Renewal Time

#31

Post by RoyGBiv » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:12 am

jimmiesatx wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 am
Been having a back and forth with DPS. They stated it may take up to 180 days to receive my renewal. They have all required documents, and information but are still stating that it may take that long. If it does I will be out of compliance, and will not be able to legally carry.

All my docs were receive 02/18/2019, and I have since gotten my state rep involved.
You should be able to get one of these via mail in 75 days.
https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp

I believe a copy of your current TX license is sufficient for "demonstrating competence". Worked for me a few years ago.
https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/03112.htm
6
...
(d) An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 6 of this section.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek


RDT806
Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:06 am

Re: LTC Renewal Time

#32

Post by RDT806 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 pm

jimmiesatx wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 am
Been having a back and forth with DPS. They stated it may take up to 180 days to receive my renewal. They have all required documents, and information but are still stating that it may take that long. If it does I will be out of compliance, and will not be able to legally carry.

All my docs were receive 02/18/2019, and I have since gotten my state rep involved.
I submitted mine on 2/18 also and was told the same thing. I called my State Rep office on Thursday. On Friday she call me back and said it was taken care of. Went to print the same day. She said they told her that they are busy and they were just processing renewals submitted on 2/14. Not sure I buy it. But.

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6360
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: LTC Renewal Time

#33

Post by Pawpaw » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:40 pm

RDT806 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 pm
jimmiesatx wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 am
Been having a back and forth with DPS. They stated it may take up to 180 days to receive my renewal. They have all required documents, and information but are still stating that it may take that long. If it does I will be out of compliance, and will not be able to legally carry.

All my docs were receive 02/18/2019, and I have since gotten my state rep involved.
I submitted mine on 2/18 also and was told the same thing. I called my State Rep office on Thursday. On Friday she call me back and said it was taken care of. Went to print the same day. She said they told her that they are busy and they were just processing renewals submitted on 2/14. Not sure I buy it. But.
Yes, that's a load of hooey. I submitted my renewal on 2/13 and had the new card in hand on 2/26.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


big454
Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:44 am
Location: El Paso TX

Re: LTC Renewal Time

#34

Post by big454 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:21 pm

Wow, I had no idea a renewal would take so long. I am even considering getting the Arizona gun permit to have just in case they want to drag their feet to the point of my license expiring. It's unacceptable! What is making certain renewals take a long time? They should only have 45 days to approve or deny. If they need more than 45 days on a renewal with no new information from the last application , then what is really going on ? Hmmm :mad5
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights


RDT806
Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:06 am

Re: LTC Renewal Time

#35

Post by RDT806 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:28 am

Pawpaw wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:40 pm
RDT806 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 pm
jimmiesatx wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 am
Been having a back and forth with DPS. They stated it may take up to 180 days to receive my renewal. They have all required documents, and information but are still stating that it may take that long. If it does I will be out of compliance, and will not be able to legally carry.

All my docs were receive 02/18/2019, and I have since gotten my state rep involved.
I submitted mine on 2/18 also and was told the same thing. I called my State Rep office on Thursday. On Friday she call me back and said it was taken care of. Went to print the same day. She said they told her that they are busy and they were just processing renewals submitted on 2/14. Not sure I buy it. But.
Yes, that's a load of hooey. I submitted my renewal on 2/13 and had the new card in hand on 2/26.
I agree


RDT806
Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:06 am

Re: LTC Renewal Time

#36

Post by RDT806 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:28 am

big454 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:21 pm
Wow, I had no idea a renewal would take so long. I am even considering getting the Arizona gun permit to have just in case they want to drag their feet to the point of my license expiring. It's unacceptable! What is making certain renewals take a long time? They should only have 45 days to approve or deny. If they need more than 45 days on a renewal with no new information from the last application , then what is really going on ? Hmmm :mad5
I'm actually about to do that too.


jimmiesatx
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:18 am

Re: LTC Renewal Time

#37

Post by jimmiesatx » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:27 pm

My state reps office said if I do not hear anything by EOB today to give them a call back.

I am waiting on my app packet from Arizona as well since our state can’t seem to get their stuff together.

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 7642
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: LTC Renewal Time

#38

Post by RoyGBiv » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:59 am

jimmiesatx wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:27 pm
our state can’t seem to get their stuff together.
IMO, TX DPS does a fantastic job most of the time.
It would be interesting to know why these few renewals are hung up. I'm betting there's a reason, not incompetence.

Still.. always good to have a backup plan on something so important.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek


big454
Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:44 am
Location: El Paso TX

Re: LTC Renewal Time

#39

Post by big454 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Called today to see what the status was, even though I could see that on the website there is no update. The lady stated that that have 45 to 180 day to issue the renewal. I stated that to my understanding , it 45 days unless they need new information and obviously that haven't requested any new information. She confirmed that there is no new information needed but repeated that they have 180 days anyways. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said one would call me back . Another thing she told me is that my application didn't not start processing until March 14. I let her know that all my information/renewal was submitted on March 4th and received the email on that same day. She repeated well it started processing on the 14th. Well shall see what is going on . I contacted my representative today, see where this goes. Hmm :confused5
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights


RDT806
Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:06 am

Re: LTC Renewal Time

#40

Post by RDT806 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:33 pm

big454 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:27 pm
Called today to see what the status was, even though I could see that on the website there is no update. The lady stated that that have 45 to 180 day to issue the renewal. I stated that to my understanding , it 45 days unless they need new information and obviously that haven't requested any new information. She confirmed that there is no new information needed but repeated that they have 180 days anyways. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said one would call me back . Another thing she told me is that my application didn't not start processing until March 14. I let her know that all my information/renewal was submitted on March 4th and received the email on that same day. She repeated well it started processing on the 14th. Well shall see what is going on . I contacted my representative today, see where this goes. Hmm :confused5

I ended up having to call my state rep on day 55. She made one phone call and it was print pending the next day. Hopefully you have the same luck.

Post Reply

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”