Can I find out if an individual has a LTC

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Mike S
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Can I find out if an individual has a LTC

Post by Mike S »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:17 pm
striker55 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:52 am Don't want to ask him, he threatened to shoot me. I saw he was arrested for having a handgun while being arrested for DWI.
I hope you filed a police report that he threatened you with deadly force. You could also file for a protective order so if he comes onto your property you can call police.
:iagree:
Protective Order may also result in his LTC being suspended, if he has one.

Please exercise caution for yourself & loved ones.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bitter Clinger »

striker55 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:52 am Don't want to ask him, he threatened to shoot me. I saw he was arrested for having a handgun while being arrested for DWI.
Was the threat witnessed or recorded? If not, its your word against his and that carries some risk as well.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

flechero

No need to find out...

Post by flechero »

At this point the LTC does not matter one bit. You already know the only 2 relevant facts:

1.he has gun(s)
2.he has threatened you

Topic author
striker55
Posts in topic: 5

Post by striker55 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:36 pm
Was the threat witnessed or recorded? If not, its your word against his and that carries some risk as well.
No evidence that's why I didn't push the issue. I told a deputy on scene but he didn't do anything because there was no evidence.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

striker55 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:08 pm
No evidence that's why I didn't push the issue. I told a deputy on scene but he didn't do anything because there was no evidence.
Still worth creating the paper trail, IMO. Just in case the cold war escalates.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

striker55 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:08 pm
Did the deputy include your allegation that the neighbor made the threat in his contact report? Just curious.

Topic author
striker55
Posts in topic: 5

Post by striker55 »

No mention in the report, in fact not much in the report.
On another note would he get his gun back when posting bail?

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

Assume everyone is armed, all of the time. Who has a license and who doesn't is not relevant to the safety of you or your family.
Continue to actively communicate with law enforcement - their involvement may persuade your neighbor to act right.

Good Luck!
Jeff

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

striker55 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:18 am No mention in the report, in fact not much in the report.
On another note would he get his gun back when posting bail?
Purely conjecture, but I would guess that he would NOT get it back until and unless the final disposition is ruled in his favor. He’s either going to have a disqualifying conviction, or he’s going to be exonerated. If the former, he can’t have a gun, and if the latter, he can’t have it until he has been exonerated.

[comforting thought]Of course, you have no idea if he has or does not have a shotgun in his house.....[/comforting thought]
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

striker55 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 am Is there somewhere I can check to see if a neighbor is licensed?
I spoke to someone about this, the person stated it would be no problem to get the entire state of Tx Ltc holder's list. I'm guessing money would be needed for this information but the person did not say that?. I have no idea or clue to how this person would obtain such information. This person may be contacting you through your email address you provided to this website during registration with more details. Hope this helps your question, have a good day.
:tiphat:
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Holy Smokes! I am no lawyer but isn't the threat alone called assault? In any case, be careful with the guy. He sounds off his rocker.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

narcissist wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:50 pm
striker55 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 am Is there somewhere I can check to see if a neighbor is licensed?
I spoke to someone about this, the person stated it would be no problem to get the entire state of Tx Ltc holder's list. I'm guessing money would be needed for this information but the person did not say that?. I have no idea or clue to how this person would obtain such information. This person may be contacting you through your email address you provided to this website during registration with more details. Hope this helps your question, have a good day.
I think you are implying something nefarious about the admin of this sight or its security and the people who have access to information that is not supposed to be disclosed to the general public. If you truly know something like that I insust you contact Charles L. Cotton and the Texas DPS as the information regarding who has an LTC is protected.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

G.A. Heath wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 pm
I think you are implying something nefarious about the admin of this sight or its security and the people who have access to information that is not supposed to be disclosed to the general public. If you truly know something like that I insust you contact Charles L. Cotton and the Texas DPS as the information regarding who has an LTC is protected.
I think maybe someone is just bragging.

Alf

Post by Alf »

G.A. Heath wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 pm
It's well known Texas DPS has failed to comply with GC §411.192. CONFIDENTIALITY OF RECORDS.

In the case of my own record, they violated GC §411.192.(c) at least once. Evidence suggests they violated it several times, with respect to my records, but I can only prove one violation beyond reasonable doubt. I spoke with many CHL/LTC over the years who know they are victims of Texas DPS GC §411.192.(c) violations. It's impossible to say how many CHL/LTC were victims but never knew.

Texas DPS failure to obey the law regarding GC §411.192. CONFIDENTIALITY OF RECORDS is one of the key reasons I encourage people who ask about CHL/LTC to get a nonresident license from another state. Personally, I let my Texas license expire because DPS didn't obey the law. I can't undo their past failures, but I can prevent future violations, at least with respect to my record.

I only have proof of GC §411.192.(c) violations, but it wouldn't surprise me if this pattern of bad behavior was part of a larger pattern of bad behavior.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”