What’s wrong with this ad.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

What’s wrong with this ad.

Post by Tex1961 »

Found this on a local gun trader site. I’m like REALLY.

I have a Glock 48 that I owned for a few months. It’s been my weekend carry. I have a holster for it and the original box, 1 magazine and a speed loader. I never had the chance to fire it. Not one round has been down the chamber. Asking $425 I can provide pictures for those interested, no trades

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What’s wrong with this ad.

Post by jason812 »

Well it's a Glock for starters :biggrinjester:

Is there a Glock 48? I didn't think there was but I can't keep up with all their numbers.

A magazine and a speed loader? That's interesting. Or is it the easy magazine loader? I forgot what they are called but make loading magazines easier.

Weekend carry but never shot? That's not a good plan.

Do rounds go in the chamber and down the barrel or am I confused?

Maybe you should ask for pictures and share cause we might want to see this.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

The Glock 48 is the single stack Glock 19 basically.

I am surprised at the number of people who will carry a firearm though they have never shot it and carry ammo they have never tried in the firearm.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:32 pm Found this on a local gun trader site. I’m like REALLY.

I have a Glock 48 that I owned for a few months. It’s been my weekend carry. I have a holster for it and the original box, 1 magazine and a speed loader. I never had the chance to fire it. Not one round has been down the chamber. Asking $425 I can provide pictures for those interested, no trades
There’s an article in the current issue of Gun-Tests magazine, comparing the new Mossberg pistol, to the G43X and the G48. They paid $488 for their G48, NIB. As soon as the seller walked out that door with his new gun, the value dropped. So $425 doesn’t seem unreasonable for the "used" gun in the OP. ALL Glocks come with at least one magazine, and a magazine loader. All of MY Glock’s came with a minimum of two, and some with three mags. But maybe Glock is shipping the 48 with only one mag. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The G43X in the above mentioned article was purchased for $542, but it came with a set of Ameriglo night sights.

What’s REALLY wrong with that ad is that the seller had been carrying the gun without ever once firing it - at least to see if it shoots to point of aim - if not to make sure that it functioned as advertised. THAT's just dumb
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:08 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:32 pm Found this on a local gun trader site. I’m like REALLY.

There’s an article in the current issue of Gun-Tests magazine, comparing the new Mossberg pistol, to the G43X and the G48. They paid $488 for their G48, NIB. As soon as the seller walked out that door with his new gun, the value dropped. So $425 doesn’t seem unreasonable for the "used" gun in the OP. ALL Glocks come with at least one magazine, and a magazine loader. All of MY Glock’s came with a minimum of two, and some with three mags. But maybe Glock is shipping the 48 with only one mag. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The G43X in the above mentioned article was purchased for $542, but it came with a set of Ameriglo night sights.

What’s REALLY wrong with that ad is that the seller had been carrying the gun without ever once firing it - at least to see if it shoots to point of aim - if not to make sure that it functioned as advertised. THAT's just dumb
Ding, ding. We have a winner. :anamatedbanana

I had to read it at least 3 times to make sure I wasn’t reading it wrong. Now, I don’t know if he has his chl, I’d like to think so, but I’m not to surprised at most things nowadays.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

After working selling guns, very few things surprise me any more, regarding the way people use, and carry their guns.
I was surprised by the number of people who carried guns they had never fired, cleaned, or even knew how to operate. Some simply bought a gun, loaded it, and I guess, believed that in a SD situation, they would somehow, instantly become proficient.
We explained to every customer, how to clean their gun, before shooting it, how to break it in, what type of ammo to use for target practice, and SD. Extolled the virtue, of training, and practice, etc..
But we would still have them come in after their first shooting session, complaining about their new gun jamming, the first question we asked, was if they had cleaned it first, and invariably, the answer was no.
They would show up for their LTC class, with their new gun, never having been removed from the case, and not having even glanced at the owner's manual.
Some would insist, that we were wrong about JHP ammo being better for SD because their (insert misinformed resident expert) told them, that FMJ was the best.
Others pooh poohed, the idea of training, because they had shot their dad's SA 22 revolver as a kid, and could hit tin cans with it. (40 years ago) So their new, 9 mm semi auto, with decocker, would be no problem. :roll:

Be careful out there, they walk among us.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Don't all NIB Glocks come with TWO magazines?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:08 pm

I am surprised at the number of people who will carry a firearm though they have never shot it and carry ammo they have never tried in the firearm.
:iagree: Reckless and irresponsible.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:23 pm Don't all NIB Glocks come with TWO magazines?
Usually, yes. But maybe the 48 doesn’t? Or, maybe he seller meant one spare mag and just worded it poorly. He also called the magazine loader a "speed loader", so maybe he just didn’t know how to word the ad.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I'm going to vote for 'poor wording', as
https://www.gunsamerica.com/910860214/G ... s-adde.htm
implies that it comes with 2 mags just like every other NIB Glock offering (well, except for the ones that come with 3)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

extremist

Post by extremist »

Glock 48s and 43Xs come with TWO mags in the case.

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »