list of successful chl self-defense?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

list of successful chl self-defense?

Post by SewTexas »

y'all I know a few of us are going to probably end up in an argument or two in the next few days....I also know there is a list "somewhere" of successful uses of guns, CHLs, etc. anyone know where such a list or two might be? If there might be one that focuses on women, that would be amazing!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: list of successful chl self-defense?

Post by carlson1 »

I am not ending up in arguments because some people are to stupid to talk to. God says it is a little nicer. Proverbs 26:4 “Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.”

Here are some sights for self defense shootings.
http://concealednation.org/?trk_msg=M6J ... essage%201
https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-c ... ium=Banner

strogg

Post by strogg »

For those who somehow get cornered, may I suggest deflecting the gun control portion. It's not the guns or knives or acid or bombs that are the problem. The people behind them are the problem. Remind those folks that the real problem can't be solved if we don't talk about it. Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't make it go away.

ELB

Post by ELB »

SewTexas wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:06 pm y'all I know a few of us are going to probably end up in an argument or two in the next few days....I also know there is a list "somewhere" of successful uses of guns, CHLs, etc. anyone know where such a list or two might be? If there might be one that focuses on women, that would be amazing!
We have an entire forum dedicated to this, unless i misunderstand the question.
USAF 1982-2005

ELB

Post by ELB »

You can also consult the white paper by Clayton Cramer and another author whose name escapes me at the moment. He compiled nearly 5000 newspaper accounts about Citizens defending themselves using firearms in response to an ignorant college professor who announced that there were no legitimate cases of self-defense by armed citizens.

Hey then compiled statistics based on those same articles and publish them. Here’s a link to the white paper:

https://www.cato.org/publications/white ... e-citizens

It’s a few years old now but still very very useful.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

ELB wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:35 pm You can also consult the white paper by Clayton Cramer and another author whose name escapes me at the moment. He compiled nearly 5000 newspaper accounts about Citizens defending themselves using firearms in response to an ignorant college professor who announced that there were no legitimate cases of self-defense by armed citizens.

Hey then compiled statistics based on those same articles and publish them. Here’s a link to the white paper:

https://www.cato.org/publications/white ... e-citizens

It’s a few years old now but still very very useful.
ah, this is good
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

I checked the forum rules to make sure it was okay to post this. If I missed something, delete and let me know.

If you are on Reddit, there is a subreddit called r/dgu. That stands for defensive gun use. There are a ton of articles posted every day of incidents of defensive gun use. If you ever need to be reminded that way more lives are legally saved by guns than illegally taken, it's a good place to start. I used to know a whole website devoted specifically to the same type of thing, but I can't seem to remember what it was. If I can find it, I'll let you know.

Fair warning, Reddit is mostly a toxic leftist-run pit of a website. There are some good subreddits (subforums) but most of the site is awful. I use it for gun and video game news, and that's it.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”