FWPD Sgt Doesn't know LTC law

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Don T
Posts in topic: 2

Re: FWPD Sgt Doesn't know LTC law

Post by Don T »

Because many of our changes in the law are effective on September 1 of odd-numbered years after the legislature meets, you will want to wait to order the 2019 version and not the 2017 version in order to have the most up-to-date reference.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Russell wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:05 pm I OC almost exclusively practically everywhere I go, and have yet to be challenged by any officer.

The only time a discussion was raised was when a Sams Club employee asked if I was licensed. I said yes. He then left me alone without ever asking to actually see my license. (The point of that interaction that he started still eludes me....).
That reminds me of the scene from "The Untouchables" where Shawn Connery's character takes Elliot Ness at his word that he's a treasury agent. Pressing the issue has no potential positive outcome - Either you're telling the truth and he just inconvenienced a customer, or you're lying and you are already committing at least one Felony (assuming that Sam's club sells alcohol) so you might commit another one if pressed....

Topic author
oohrah
Posts in topic: 3

Post by oohrah »

I received this reply from the reporter of the original story:

"I did hear back from Sgt. Daniels and he apologized for the incorrect information. We ran a correction in print and corrected the story online. Thanks for pointing out the error."

A small win.

Added: I found the printed correction in the Aug 22 edition, page 2A.
Last edited by oohrah on Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

oohrah wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:42 am I received this reply from the reporter of the original story:

"I did hear back from Sgt. Daniels and he apologized for the incorrect information. We ran a correction in print and corrected the story online. Thanks for pointing out the error."

A small win.
:thumbs2:

Nothing in my inbox from them yet? :lol:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 5

Post by E.Marquez »

oohrah wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:42 am I received this reply from the reporter of the original story:

A small win.

May I respectfully suggest a message to that officer and his supervisor applauding them for the correction

We can all go on about how he should’ve known already but the fact is he didn’t once it was pointed out he took the time to research found out he was incorrect and pass that along to the reporter personally I think that’s worthy of recognition in a positive manner
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

E.Marquez wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:29 pm

A small win.

May I respectfully suggest a message to that officer and his supervisor applauding them for the correction

We can all go on about how he should’ve known already but the fact is he didn’t once it was pointed out he took the time to research found out he was incorrect and pass that along to the reporter personally I think that’s worthy of recognition in a positive manner
:iagree: With E.Marquez. The officer should be given kudos for his subsequent actions.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”